“Not what I expected”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My 82 year old mother and I stayed here 3 nights - 11/5/13-11/7/13. I prepaid through Hotwire, and booked based on the reviews I read. My experience wasn't the same of those who said the breakfast was wonderful and the staff was awesome.The lady who checked us in wasn't very friendly, and was quick to just point to the elevators as she rambled out directions to our room. This was an older hotel, however it did have updates and I must say at least the rooms were clean. The breakfast was awful, the biscuits were hard, the gravy was tasteless as was the waffles (as if both were watered down.) The muffins and doughnuts weren't very good either, and the eggs were boiled. I tried to cancel after our first night and first morning, but unfortunately we prepaid and the hotel would not give a refund. Our cancellation policy through Hotwire was for medical reasons only, so we were stuck. I definitely would not recommend this hotel unless all you're looking for is a place to rest your head.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brenda M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Booked through 800 number on the road without viewing, pulled in to find motel style of outside entrance to each room. Big rooms, with seating area. Nothing fancy, and not the most up to date accommodations, but for the money a decent value. Asked for a ground level room, but those are all two bedroom suites. The one bedroom with sitting area are all on 2 or 3 floor. No big deal, plenty of parking, however entrance is narrow and can get congested if a lot of people are checking in. Like other reviewers said, eggs are hard boiled, but kids will like all of the other sweet carb - heavy fare. I was in a hurry, so grabbing a couple of hard boiled eggs and piece of fruit with coffee was perfect. Would I return? Maybe, but with so many other hotels in the area, would probably choose one with an interior room entrance. If you have a family, the room sizes for the money are a good value.

Room Tip: If you want a one bedroom, you will have to use the stairs or the single elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I will begin the the "Goods". We had a suite. Great. The bed was very comfortable. It was king size and firm. The bedding was clean and there were no bugs. The heating and air operated properly and was simple to adjust. Plenty of hot water. Clothes hangers were provided and were ok. Plenty of towels and wash clothes. The personnel at the front desk were very friendly and cooperative. Breakfast area staff personnel were great.

Now the "Bad". The commode was to low (old style). For people that have trouble getting up from a squat or low position this was very very difficult. The faucet in the bathroom was difficult to understand and leaked. Sometimes we got hot water when we wanted cold. Bathroom area was small. The facial tissues were almost non absorbent. The toilet paper was worse. The carpet was cleaned only in the main "tracking" area. There was dust/dirt along the carpet by the wall and under/around the safe. No microwave oven. The one elevator was about half way (about 15 rooms) from the outside room entrance. There was not enough room between the parked cars and the sidewalk going to the elevator for a person with a wheelchair or walking handicap to get through. There was a step up from the parking area to the sidewalk going to the elevator. I could not get the heavy luggage from the luggage cart to the elevator without going to the handicap ramps located on each end of the sidewalk.
The breakfast was ok but very limited variety. Here are a few observations. Eggs: only hard boiled. Yogurt: Regular, no diet, 4 ounces. Tables: Not enough for the number of rooms and seating for only 2 people per table. The hours of operation should be changed whenever there is a "large" conference in this area. There were approximately 7000 people at this conference. It seemed as though every room was occupied and everyone wanted to eat breakfast at 7 AM.

Room Tip: Check it out before renting. Read my comments above.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank Woodmont Baptis... W
Raleigh
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is an awesome place to stay. Large clean rooms with separate sitting area. The pool and spa were recently renovated and were well maintained and spotless. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was basic.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Saint Augustine, FL
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Not of my choosing, I arrived here the week of October 20, 2013 for a week long business trip. Since I had no input as to where I stayed, I didn't really know what to expect. I've been to the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area quite a lot over the years, so I DID know what to expect of the overall area.

Upon arriving, my first impression of the property was that it was clean and appeared to be well taken care of even though preparations had already been made for the winter season (pool drained/closed, etc.). I also liked the fact that the hotel is positioned on its own piece of property with absolutely nothing on either side. This meant that there would not be anyone "wandering" onto the property that didn't belong. I was immediately and politely greeted and made to feel very welcome. The check-in process was quick, simple and done with a smile, and the clerk was even eager to point me in the direction of where some of the locals prefer dinner- always a plus.

I was put on the 3rd floor facing the parking lot which I liked for two reasons: (1) I had visual access to my vehicle and all traffic coming/going, and (2) being on the 3rd floor is generally safer since crime, if any, will typically occur on the 1st or 2nd floors. I also took notice of the multiple high-res cameras on each floor pointed in every conceivable angle. A solid investment and definite deterrent to anyone hoping to lurk in the shadows.

My room was a King & Queen combo, and as I entered it there was an immediate "clean" smell throughout- great start. The king bed was in a rear portion of the room which also had two nightstands with clocks, an armoire with a flat screen TV, and a working table. There was also a private balcony with a view overlooking the mountain range across the horizon- stunning view!

The queen bed was in the front portion of the room which also boasted nightstands, and a college size refrigerator with another flat screen TV on top. Separating the two beds was a typical outer sink and inner bathroom area. There were walls on each side which gave the feel of two actual rooms within the interior. The room was $89 per night which I felt was very economical for what you get. I did my usual walk around and did not see any evidence of dirt, debris or otherwise anywhere. Even the corners of the bathroom were cleaned, and it was obvious that the staff took pride in their work to make for a relaxing atmosphere.

For those interested, there is an indoor pool that is very well heated, and there are some select rooms you may request that are positioned "in" the pool's indoor enclosure. This means two things: (1) if you have children wanting to swim, you could easily sit on the balcony in front of your door and watch them directly beneath you, and (2) when you are finished swimming you simply stay warm and walk up the indoor stairwell to your room!

Upon my return each day, the room was equally as clean as the day before and always had a welcoming feel to it. Now don't get me wrong, the hotel is not the up-scale type, but every effort is obviously made to ensure repeat business and I believe it's well deserved to point that out. On my last day, I accidentally left approximately $6 in loose change on the table that I had accumulated. I was gone for about 8 hrs, and when I returned every bit of change was right where I left it. A few coins could have easily gone missing, but no- the staff was honest.

As you exit the hotel, turning right will give you a 3 minute drive into downtown Sevierville and directly onto the parkway, around marker 15.6, leading you to Pigeon Forge. Everything touristy pretty much starts right then and there....at m15.6, and continues all the way through Pigeon Forge and into the Gatlinburg area.

But if you turn left out of the hotel and head up the road about 3 miles, on your left is one of the newer and most delicious BBQ places you'll come across! I'll leak the name here- Tony Gores BBQ, but you'll have to find my review of it to learn more. I'm from the south and I know BBQ, and you can trust that it's worth the visit.

Would I stay at this hotel again? Absolutely and regardless of whether or not it's for business or leisure. The ease of access to the mainstream areas, to include Gatlinburg, coupled with the hotel's isolated yet close location make for a perfect experience of excitement when you seek it and peace & calm as you recharge for the next day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony&Barb
West Union, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Very clean and well managed property. This was our first stay here and for the money we were impressed. Staff was very professional and friendly. The continental breakfast was fresh, hot and very well maintained. Indoor pool/hot tub area was very clean and also very well maintained. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Harrys21
Lawrenceburg
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Quality Inn in Sevierville and was less than pleased. The only reason I stayed was because I was with a group of women and my friend had paid for the room.

The room served its purpose as a place to sleep and bathe but it was dingy. While the beds linens and towels appeared to be clean; the full length mirror had obviously not been cleaned since there were spots all over it.

The ceiling tiles in the bathroom looked like they could fall in at any minute. Also, if you are over 5'4" you should not plan on showering here. I am 5'3" and I could stand in the tub and touch the ceiling when I raised my hand.

The staff was friendly but the place needs a serious remodel. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone nor will I be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends