“We enjoyed it”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“We enjoyed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is a nice place to stay, and I'd have no qualms about staying there again. The room was very spacious, with two comfortable beds and a sofa. We had no major complaints about the cleanliness. The bathroom was well stocked with clean, absorbent towels. My daughter and I had a lot of fun in the lazy river, although I did not realize until later that enjoying it at night made me the floating buffet for all the region's mosquitoes. The breakfast left us satisfied and happy, with real Krispy Kreme donuts, waffles, assorted breads for toasting and spreads to go with them, bacon, coffee, juice, and plenty of other choices. The hotel was easy to find, and it was easy to get to all the local attractions and restaurants.
I never could get my computer to connect to the Wi-Fi, and we heard plenty of others making the same complaint at the front desk. This would be a problem for me if I were staying for an extended period of time.
The air conditioner was indeed noisy, but needed to run to keep the room from being humid and musty. It definitely cooled well.
The rate was reasonable for such a spacious, clean room in a smoke-free facility with free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Nice looking family hotel. Front rooms are definitely noisy and a/c systems are dated and noisy. Like others, internet service was lacking and front desk was no help. Breakfast was nice and well stocked throughout morning. Attendant was doing a good job keeping everything full. Pool was nice. Lazy river was nice addition but could have been better maintained.

Room Tip: Choose a rear room for quiet. Wi-Fi is bad all over hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The old southern mansion feel was great. My husband and I are big Gone With The Wind fans and we really enjoyed all the memorabilia. There were pictures and cases full of the figures etc from the movie.

We had a great room. Our room was on the backside of the hotel with a balcony that overlooked the creek. It was a beautiful view that was perfect for relaxing at the end of the day. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable, my two favorite things in a hotel room. It also had a refrigerator and a microwave.

They offered free breakfast with a large variety of food including waffles. I love waffles. The breakfast area was on the second floor. You could eat inside and listen to the news or you could eat outside on the balcony overlooking the pool area.

There is an indoor and outdoor pool area. It was hot during the day so we swam in the outdoor pool. The indoor area had a pool and a hot tub and was available 24 hours a day. We soaked in the hot tub one night. It was very relaxing. My favorite was the lazy river. I could float in that all day.

The lady at the front desk when we checked in wasn't very nice or helpful. Everyone else we dealt with that week from the cleaning staff to the desk attendants were very nice and friendly. Maybe the first lady was just having a bad day.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms where the balcony overlooks the river.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Terrihav
Larchmont, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were in TN for a wedding, not for the location attractions so this wasn't the typical place we'd stay.
Good things - the front desk staff was pleasant, the view from our back window was of trees and an attractive river, so I can recommend getting a rear facing room.
Not so good - we had no wi-fi the first night and morning we were there. When I asked, I was told that they always had problems with it when they were nearly full and they were full now. But I was offered the phone number of a tech person I could call who might be able to help me. I declined the number as I didn't want to spend my time on the phone with tech support. It was frustrating though because we needed the internet access to check on work. The walls were incredibly thin. We could hear the conversations of our neighbors and clearly it was mutual as when one of us sneezed we hear "God Bless You" in response from next door. Finally, multiple things did not work - several lights were out or didn't turn on the first time you tried and the safe did not work either. I didn't request a room change as we'd been told they were full.
Breakfast - Krispy Kreme donuts, make your own waffles, sugary cereals, eggs from a box, bacon or sausage and canned fruit. Nothing healthy to choose from and very little with protein.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HereGeorgeNiceGeorge
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is super clean and the staff is so friendly. They are a family oriented place and the pool is open 24 hours. Which is the reason we stopped to stay there our first time. Traveling with children until 10 at night was chaotic, but the pool was the best thing about this hotel. We have stayed on 5 different occasions since 2007 and every time it has been excellent! !!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Beverly Hills, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Trip advisor reviews were so far off on this property. First room smelled like urine. I got moved without any fuss, the second room smelled like an ex smoking room that they tried to hide the smell. Bedspreads were ripped, floor was filthy with debris that housekeeping missed. If I could have moved out of the hotel, I would have, but I prepaid. Stupid on my part. Pool needed to be refinished. The whole hotel needs to be gutted.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank makkkkko2000
Mussoorie, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

It was one of those evenings of hours of driving and not sure where one would end up. I did call the Clarion and the lady was extremely helpful in her very southern manners about if the hot tub was open, if the pool was open etc. I didn't know if I was going to make it that far that evening but her helpfulness and what little I knew about the hotel intrigued me.

As it turns out I did make it there that evening. In person she was as helpful as she was on the phone and I quickly got settled into the room. The room was sizable, with a sitting area and a nice king bed. A siting area outside and a fireplace. There was a nice TV in the sitting room, but a strangely small and dated on across from the bed. It seemed very out of place.

It was comfortable and clean. It was late, and I did see the indoor pool and spa, but didn't venture in, but understand they have been a cause for concern in some reviews.

I woke to more southern hospitality but the breakfast was a bit on the cold side honestly, and wasn't their finest moment.

Having stayed in many hotels through the years I appreciated the character and personality this one had. I would stay here again and hope to spend more time so I could explore the building, the area around it a little more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo