“Best Choice Hotel we have stayed in!!!!!”

Clarion Inn Willow River
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We have stayed in many Choice Hotels and am a Choice Privilege Member and routinely review where we stay. I am very honest with my reviews and this is our favorite Choice Hotel by far. The Comfort Suites in Canton Michigan is very nice and holds some special memories but the decor and feel of this hotel is awesome. The lobby is extraordinary and to be able to sit outside for breakfast is a plus. Balconies are something that most hotels don't have but this one does and they are nice. This was our first time here and we were greeted by a very friendly employee. I had requested a king room on the top floor when I made my reservation and when I asked about it I was told it had already been assigned to us before our arrival. The hotel is very clean, no odors, no stains, and the exterior is well maintained also.It has a Gone With The Wind theme that adds to the charm. My wife and I have decided this is our hotel of choice anytime we are in the Sevierville, TN area. In fact we already have reservations for Labor Day. I have read some negative reviews for this hotel but all I can say is they must have been written by someone who just wanted to be untruthful.

Room Tip: Don't miss an opportunity of good value for a nice place. Rooms on the back overlook the river.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John W

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The staff are all as nice as can be. We didn't have a room when we got here and thought we'd take a chance on this one. The price was very affordable. The rooms, breakfast and view are great. And they have hot cider at night!!!! Yum!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Cindy2424
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with lots of gone with the wind memorabilia.
We stayed in one of the jacuzzi suites, lovely to have a fireplace however it's time they did a remodel. Large tv not so cool and I would have appreciated instructions on how to work the jacuzzi tub.
Overall though a lovely stay with a great breakfast in the morning.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very nicely decorated, I especially like it being a Gone With The Wind collector, rooms were clean but the beds were hard, they have a few rooms that face the river but ours faced the parking lot, most the staff was friendly, the desk clerk could have had a more friendlier attitude especially since the hotel is designed with a southern theme, we only stayed the one night so we didn't tryout the pool or the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here August 10th-17th 2014 ! Beautiful southern style hotel ! Well kept friendly staff & an above average breakfast bar ! Very quiet hotel ! I got a room with 2 Queen Beds , Flat screen TV & had a view of the Little Pigeon River from our balcony & some awesome sunsets !

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Bigcheesey
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Nice looking establishment. Breakfast buffet was good and hot. Very crowded. Need more seating . cleaning crew needs to be a little more through. There was a piece of food (not ours) under the dresser the whole time we have been here. Coffee cups not clean....no replacements given. It is the little things that make the wow factor. But overall.....a nice place and an excellent price during the week (wed/thurs). We would probably return

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is a nice place to stay, and I'd have no qualms about staying there again. The room was very spacious, with two comfortable beds and a sofa. We had no major complaints about the cleanliness. The bathroom was well stocked with clean, absorbent towels. My daughter and I had a lot of fun in the lazy river, although I did not realize until later that enjoying it at night made me the floating buffet for all the region's mosquitoes. The breakfast left us satisfied and happy, with real Krispy Kreme donuts, waffles, assorted breads for toasting and spreads to go with them, bacon, coffee, juice, and plenty of other choices. The hotel was easy to find, and it was easy to get to all the local attractions and restaurants.
I never could get my computer to connect to the Wi-Fi, and we heard plenty of others making the same complaint at the front desk. This would be a problem for me if I were staying for an extended period of time.
The air conditioner was indeed noisy, but needed to run to keep the room from being humid and musty. It definitely cooled well.
The rate was reasonable for such a spacious, clean room in a smoke-free facility with free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family