“Great family fun !!!”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great family fun !!!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have loved every moment here at the Wilderness at the Smokies Resort. Excellent staff and very friendly . Every one was very help from the person who we set the reservation up with to the van people. Big clean room, coffee pot , microwave, refrigerator 2 queen beds and pull out couch. .The family loved the water park and the video games rope course. The girls and I over came fears. The staff were so kind to my girls and even let my youngest help with the Christmas tree. It was a very special vacation one we hope to do again soon.

Room Tip: It is hard to leave . Plan to take lots of pictures. Wonderful times .
1 Thank Katherine E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (710)
  • Thai first
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I don't usually leave reviews but I do read them frequently before booking! My husband and two sons (ages 5 and 11) stayed for a long 3 day weekend. We stayed in one of the studio rooms, with two queen beds and a twin pull out. This is a standard type hotel room with a fridge, microwave and stovetop. It was small but we didn't do much but shower and sleep there anyway!! It was clean and had everything we needed. We stayed on the 4th floor at river lodge, which I would recommend. It was worth the extra money to be close to our room (with kids who forget stuff and constantly have to run back and forth). Check in was easy and they we're extremely friendly. I read a previous review and I was shocked to read about such a different experience.

The water park was so much fun. The slides never got old and there were other things like the wave pool, regular pool with 4 bball goals, surfing simulator, and hot tubs galore!! My husband especially liked the bar area with flat screen TVs for prime football watching! It was very clean and well maintained. We bought the Adventure Pass for the boys to use the ropes course, mountain climbing, laser maze, bowling, and neon golf. They loved that and I actually did too! The arcade was amazing. A little pricy but well worth it!

Overall the trip was a success. The kids had a blast and we were able to have fun and manage a little relaxation of our own! We are already planning to go back during spring break and take a few other families along!!

Room Tip: Upper floor at River Lodge. Worth the extra money!! Too cold to wait on a shuttle in the fall and wi...
Jeremiah
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We love this place! It has everything you need for a fun filled family weekend away. Rooms are very clean and we love the lifeguards. They go above and beyond to see you enjoy your stay. The arcade is great as well.we have stayed here twice in less than a year and will decently be returning soon. I have three kids ages 12,7,and 5 there is fun for everyone.We went the last time on a weekend and it was very crowded so this time we chose to go on a Monday and Tuesday and it was great!

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was our first time staying at the lodge not connected to the water park area. I was very happy with the transportation to and from our lodge. Not once did we have to wait on the shuttle. More than anything, I was very impressed with the cleaning staff. The next morning, walking down the hallway, I could see in the rooms being cleaned, one room they had the bed lifted up and was vacuuming underneath it (WOW) and another room I could see them opening up the sleeper sofa to clean it and change out the sheets on there. I knew then, this is the cleanest hotel ever. I have told everyone I know. We will for sure be back.

Room Tip: No matter where you stay, always a beautiful view of our Smoky Mountains
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were at a convention and invited my daughter and 10 year old grandson to tag along to play while we convened. They had a wonderful time exploring all the amenities of the Wilderness experience. The River Lodge is conveniently located to restaurants and other attractions in the Sevierville-Pigeon Forge area. The hotel provided free shuttle service for us to the convention site, which was very nice (front door to front door). All the staff was helpful and very kind. We look forward to staying here again soon.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was our first time staying at the Wilderness Water Park and Resort and will not be our last. Our room was perfect for our family of 4. It had a queen bed, two bunk beds & a fold out sofa! The water park was family friendly and we enjoyed riding the water slides. Everything you need is located a the resort. Our kids are already asking to come back next year!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shell B
Somerset, Ohio
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Our room was a good size for 2 adults 4 children. The kids loved the waterpark, my daughter and I enjoyed painting pottery at the hotel. We also liked that kids ate free. There was a lot to do here you wouldn't have ever had to leave the hotel. The room had a mini fridge and electric range and microwave. The biggest thing we didn't like was only one small elevator on the end. They really need more elevators you do a lot of waiting for it and the bell hop cart hardly fits into the elevator. We stayed in the hotel that had the indoor water park in it and had a view of the outdoor water park we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We called to see if any discounts were being given. It was hard to figure out the discounts and act...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
The Inn at Christmas Place
The Inn at Christmas Place
#3 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,996 reviews

Been to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort? Share your experiences!