“Great Stay!”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Cincinnati
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Listening to the negatives comments, I braced myself for disappointment. It's loud and you do hear running up and down the hallway but tell me what kid friendly resort is not? Our check in was smooth and fast, we got a room with a kitchen and cooked daily so there were no worries about food quality. It's a lot of fun and if you are realistic and you will have a ball on a budget. I am definitely going back!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Thai first
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This place has more hidden fees and ridiculous mark ups on everything then anywhere I have been. They say "kids eat free" but when your charging $20 per adult well that makes up for any kids, and the food is absolutely awful, we went out to eat instead of eating at the hotel because of it. Also going thru 3 plates at the buffet line to find one that didn't have old food on it was disgusting. The staff at check in and check out looked and acted like they were struggling to be nice, and when they screwed up my check in, they acted like I was bothering them to fix the issue. They immediately tried to sell me a timeshare at check in, which absolutely infuriated me when I'm trying to get checked in and get family time started. Our room had an unidentifiable smell in it that was horrible, we had a hard time sleeping because we could hear everyone beside and above us running etc. because the walls are so then. The plus side was the waterpark, it was nice and the lifeguards were the only nice staff found at the hotel. I felt like I was gimmicked into this place and spent way more than I had planned because of all the markups and hidden fees involved with everything. The hotel staff being rude on top of that just made me decide never again at this place.

Room Tip: Be careful what you think you are getting that they say are "included", it usually suckers...
3 Thank ML M

Travellers are raving about these Sevierville hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family recently spent one night at Wilderness of the Smokies for my sons birthday. We brought one of his friends to make it his "party." There were five of us and my daughter stayed on the pull out couch. It was very clean. We had a little refrigerator and microwave in the room. All the employees were very nice. We brought some DVDs to watch at night and it was easy to play them on the DVD player. We stayed at the non-connected part. The shuttle was relatively quick and drivers were all nice. We were able to do some of the outside waterpark stuff the first day (we were told it would be closed the next day, but we saw people on the slides when we left-so be sure and ask). We had plenty to do without the Adventure Forrest since it was a short stay. We went out to pick up pizza and breakfast food, so we didn't eat at the resort. Overall it was a great trip and wonderful way to celebrate a birthday.

1 Thank VolMom2014
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We just visited for the first time for a little mini vacation before Easter. We only live 45 minutes from Wilderness at the Smokies. We had a fabulous time! Well worth the price we paid. It was cheaper than going to Dollywood Splash Country, and we had an absolute blast! They have some mega rides that are SUPER fun!!!! and they have some for the smaller children and babies as well, they also have a wave pool, so they whole family can have an enjoyable experience. I would definitely recommend, and will definitely be back. The rooms are nice and they are super clean......that's a huge plus for me. Hope this helps you make your decision!

Crumpler, NC
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for years and love it. Awesome for a couple of days. Half the price of great wolf lodge. Love it. They are nice here and I have never had a complaint since coming here. I wish they add some new indoor rides. They have added new outdoor but have not added anything new inside in at least 6 years

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We reserved a room arriving on Easter Sunday for 2 nights. First day was good, waterpark was running and lots of fun. The next day was Monday, several water areas was closed. The wave pool, the lazy river as well as most outside things. The few things that was open was so crowded you couldn't move. If everything had been up and running this would not have been an issue being crowded. When you pay $150 a night to stay at a water park you expect it to be running. I understand that you have maintance to do but this should mostly be done at night in my opinion when possible. The water pressure in the room was terrible. We were traveling with a handicap child in a wheelchair and decided to play the outside mini golf. Once out there after 3 holes we had to go up stairs and across a bridge to get to the rest of the game. This is not a handicap accessible area, we had to get the child out, carry him and the chair up and over the stairs and water. Very hard with a chair...wilderness this needs looked into! Room was quite and peaceful but wont be returning because of high prices. Will look into staying somewhere else and doing a different water park next trip. One that has all water attractions open.

2 Thank tbkbbbcb
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in the River Lodge and had a bunk suite. We checked in early, they only had the first floor available and it was fine. The check in area was really busy each day around 4 pm with people camped around with all their stuff, it was nice not to have to deal with that.
We made most of our meals and didn't bother with the buffets, but were impressed with the generous chicken strip meal at the pool bar. The snack bar in the arcade area has really nice workers that checked labels for allergies and gave us the heads up on happy hour- it is not posted anywhere but during 3 pm-6 pm draft beer is buy one get one free and they have Blue Moon! Of course it was the last night so not sure if all areas honor that but they did.
The waterslides were so much fun and the lazy river was chilly but luckily once it was 80 outside it felt great. Spring Break was very busy but if you suffer with outdoor allergies there is plenty to do inside, we will be back.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the outdoor pool area
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Baymont Inn & Suites Sevierville Pigeon Forge
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 92 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort? Share your experiences!