“Weekend Get Away”

Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
“Weekend Get Away”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Some friends and I visited Gatlinburg the weekend of April 26th and 27th (2014) for my boyfriend's birthday. We stayed at Wilderness at the Smokies for the first time (this was our first time ever in Gatlinburg). I really love the staff at the resort and ALL of the amenities included in our stay. We will definitely be back to stay at Wilderness at the Smokies really soon. THANK YOU FOR THE UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Thai first
East Machias, Maine
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We love staying at the Wilderness at the Smokies Resort and have traveled there several times in the past. It is clean, friendly, and fun for the family. The price of the motel includes the water park which makes it a great price for families to enjoy being together. I recommend the pizza, funnel cakes, and gift shop. There are many events and shows to go to in Pigeon Forge and Gattlinburg. I will look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: If walking is a problem I recommend a room closer to the water park if that is your main interest. W...
Seymour, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a great time. My sons are autistic, so this was a trial run to take them somewhere like this. They did great! They had a lot of fun in the indoor waterpark! The room was very nice and clean. Our nine year old had a blast. She is excited to go back again. We live in Sevier co., so we got a nice discount on an all ready discounted weekday rate room. It was overall a nice getaway. We did not eat there, but I did notice the food prices were very high. The bar prices were too. So if you are on a tight budget, I suggest hopping in the car and driving into town to eat or purchase any alcohol. Overall though it was a great getaway for an otherwise impossible to accomodate family!

Room Tip: If you are wanting to save some money while you stay, pay the extra $30-50 for the kitchenette rooms...
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a great place for kids to get their fix for water play all year long! The resort does a great job thinking of children of all ages with the indoor watermark. Kids ages 1 to 99 can enjoy an area to enjoy the water. The Riverview Lodge that is attached to the waterpark is very clean, spacious, and wilderness themed. There are lots of cool amenities on site such as indoor rock climbing, candy shop, pottery studio, and an arcade. Although, it is quite pricey, it is a great place to take the kids when you can't make a beach trip or when you get the winter blues.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank akanikkis97
Cincinnati
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Listening to the negatives comments, I braced myself for disappointment. It's loud and you do hear running up and down the hallway but tell me what kid friendly resort is not? Our check in was smooth and fast, we got a room with a kitchen and cooked daily so there were no worries about food quality. It's a lot of fun and if you are realistic and you will have a ball on a budget. I am definitely going back!

• Stayed April 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This place has more hidden fees and ridiculous mark ups on everything then anywhere I have been. They say "kids eat free" but when your charging $20 per adult well that makes up for any kids, and the food is absolutely awful, we went out to eat instead of eating at the hotel because of it. Also going thru 3 plates at the buffet line to find one that didn't have old food on it was disgusting. The staff at check in and check out looked and acted like they were struggling to be nice, and when they screwed up my check in, they acted like I was bothering them to fix the issue. They immediately tried to sell me a timeshare at check in, which absolutely infuriated me when I'm trying to get checked in and get family time started. Our room had an unidentifiable smell in it that was horrible, we had a hard time sleeping because we could hear everyone beside and above us running etc. because the walls are so then. The plus side was the waterpark, it was nice and the lifeguards were the only nice staff found at the hotel. I felt like I was gimmicked into this place and spent way more than I had planned because of all the markups and hidden fees involved with everything. The hotel staff being rude on top of that just made me decide never again at this place.

Room Tip: Be careful what you think you are getting that they say are "included", it usually suckers...
3 Thank ML M
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family recently spent one night at Wilderness of the Smokies for my sons birthday. We brought one of his friends to make it his "party." There were five of us and my daughter stayed on the pull out couch. It was very clean. We had a little refrigerator and microwave in the room. All the employees were very nice. We brought some DVDs to watch at night and it was easy to play them on the DVD player. We stayed at the non-connected part. The shuttle was relatively quick and drivers were all nice. We were able to do some of the outside waterpark stuff the first day (we were told it would be closed the next day, but we saw people on the slides when we left-so be sure and ask). We had plenty to do without the Adventure Forrest since it was a short stay. We went out to pick up pizza and breakfast food, so we didn't eat at the resort. Overall it was a great trip and wonderful way to celebrate a birthday.

1 Thank VolMom2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Baymont Inn & Suites Sevierville Pigeon Forge
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 92 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort? Share your experiences!