“Fantastic vacation!!!”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Collinwood
“Fantastic vacation!!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My family came up here on a spur of the moment mini vacation( only stayed one night) and it was so much fun!!! Check in time is at 4 but you can still play in the water park before that and check out time is 11 and you can play all day after that!!! So many attractions to chose from. Rides and activities for ALL ages...babies to the elderly! I really liked that we didn't have to leave at all. We had breakfast lunch and dinner all in the same place. We had a couple people tell is that the buffet was no good so we went to the grizzly grill for burgers and pizza and it was great! The rooms we small but clean and neat. I recommend staying in the part of the resort connected to the indoor waterpark...it's easy acess to the larger of the 2 outdoor waterparks and the indoor waterpark and arcade. It was a fantastic trip and I WILL be back!!! I recommend anyone to take the time for this trip!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Kids loved the swimming. But for parents everything was frustrating. Had to park half mile from hotel room. Got locked out of our room and front desk was not nice about it. Fire alarm went off while cooking and stayed on for 30 min before anyone showed up. Alarm Stayed on for an hour before fire department showed to turn off. Came back on said it was defective and made us switch rooms at 2am. Came back next morning and talked to manager and he was a complete jerk. We will never stay here again.

4 Thank B B

Travellers are raving about these Sevierville hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I must say the room was very clean, no sign of any critters. We are in a room with a full kitchen and Murphy bed. We wanted a full kitchen so we could cook our meals, and woke up ready to have a pancake breakfast--which would be great if we had anything here to cook the pancakes in. The buffet is regular Southern food but extremely expensive ($18.99 per adult), so we'll either eat out or buy something to cook in.
Other than that, it's a good time. The water parks are fun, but the noise level in the hotel can be extremely high until 11pm. The mattresses aren't the highest quality, but they're clean. We'll stay here again, but we'll bring pots and pans.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at this resort (River Lodge) a few years ago and thought it was better than Great Wolf in North Carolina and Kalahari in Ohio. Recently, my daughter's AAU team stayed here during tournaments and the girls had a ball! My only recommendation would be to request a one bedroom deluxe on the 2nd or 3rd floor with a view of the outdoor water park, which was the room I had during my first visit. On this visit, I had a one bedroom deluxe on the 1st floor with a view of the parking lot (no view at all). The furniture was a bit worn in this room but I figure that's because the room is closer to the indoor waterpark so the room gets a little more wear and tear. Overall, this resort is great and I hope management continues to maintain it.

Room Tip: Request rooms on 2nd or 3rd floors with view of outdoor waterpark
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We took our nephews there ages 14 and 12 and we had a great time. The rooms are nice. My only complaint was that the bathroom was really small and the sink area was in the room instead of in the bathroom. The outdoor and indoor water parks were fun and offered different things to do. Our nephews also liked the rope course at the adventure park. We really liked that the water parks were for guests only so it wasn't over crowded and lines weren't long at all. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Book a room at the lodge which is right there at the water parks. Some of the suites and cabins are...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Andi7777
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I purchased their largest room paying a large amount of money! There were roaches in the kitchen with a non closing refrigerator door. We used a chair to keep it closed. The sofa was falling apart so we used a blanket to cover it up so we will feel comfortable while seating on it. The floor was not vacuum. There were dirty pots and pans put away in the cabinets. After several calls to the front desk requesting a manager, no manager or supervisor came. They sent a maid to try and help. He went to another hotel room across the hall and took out clean pans and switch the nasty sofa cushions. As for the water park and the game room, the kids had fun. They enjoyed it. As for as the food buffet, it was not worth it. We only did the breakfast buffet and nothing was fresh and hot. We ask them to make us some fresh hot eggs. I was with a party of 10 people and the kids did not want to go back for dinner buffet. We left the property and went to a nice burger joint called The Diner. Kids loved it! Rootbeer floats and all! I will not be returning to the Wilderness. If you decide to go just look for the cheapest rates possible and take clorox wipes to disinfect the entire room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Stephanie P
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I wish I could give this more than five stars. We stayed in the River Lodge not Stone Hill. I would definitely recommend spending the extra money to stay in River lodge because it's attached to the indoor water park, the better outdoor water park, the painting shop and the Adventure Forest.
We bought one "All Stay Pass" for each family member to the Adventure Forest but that's not necessary. Just buy one pass for each of your kids and double swipe it when the adults want to play. That pass will give you unlimited rides on the rock wall, frog jumper ride, laser maze, black light golf and mini bowling but NOT laser tag. Laser Tag and the ticket games will cost extra.
The pools were very clean and lots of fun. One warning, bigger slides had a minimum height requirement of 42 inches. If you have a child that measures 41 inches then he/she may or may not be allowed to slide. Some of the life guards are more lenient than others and that will be very disappointing for your little one. That's really my only complaint, it would have been easier if all if the life guards had stuck to the 42 inch policy so my daughter would have known she couldn't use any of the larger slides.
The Thirsty Miner "kids eat free" buffet was much better than we had expected. The food quality was very good and the wait staff was friendly. Just know that it will cost around $20 per adult buffet, plus drinks and tax. The snack shack food located around the water park was about what you would expect for stadium food, decent but not healthy.
We stayed in the bunk bed room and loved it. Yes, the space was small but very clean and furnished with everything we needed (microwave and small fridge). I would recommend staying far away from the first floor nearest the indoor park and Adventure Forest. They close at 10:00 and the noise coming down that hall would be awful if you were trying to sleep.
Overall, this is my new favorite resort. We would definitely stay here again.

4 Thank TNMomof2BG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Margaritaville Island Hotel
Margaritaville Island Hotel
#8 of 91 in Pigeon Forge
Baymont Inn & Suites Sevierville Pigeon Forge

Been to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort? Share your experiences!