“Great Vacay”

Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This would be the best surprise visit that my best friend and I gave our kids this summer. It was a very nice stay. Her and her family stayed in the villas and my daughter and I stayed in the Stone Hill Lodge. The rooms were comfy and perfect for our size. We will be taking another trip there in the fall and possibly next summer too. There is an awesome place called Polka Dot Pots and it is sooo relaxing while you work on your painting project(s). My daughter and I went back twice. The staff in there is friendly too. If you want to take your project with you then you will need to make sure that you have time to let it be picked up the following morning by 11.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the elevator could mean you will hear all of the noise from the pool that coul...

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This place was absolutely amazing!
We stayed here with a large group and had the double suites on the second and third floor. The waterpark was amazing. The only problem was the big water ride for people was down due to the conveyer belt wasn't working for two days. That was a downer. Also the Buffett at the thirsty miner was very expensive. I recommend to just go to the many other different restaurants around.

Other than the one slide and restaurant price everything was great.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Russell R
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at Wilderness and I am pleased to say that I wasn't let down. The lifeguards do a fantastic job letting the small kids enjoy the slides they are tall enough to ride. The rooms are very clean and modern enough. The prices of the extras such as food and souvenirs are a little high, but that should be expected for what the stay cost. I have become a picky traveler when it comes to the Gatlinburg area and I am pleased to say that this is a place I can't expend to my close friends. The ideal age range I'd say is elementary and middle schoolers as far as kids go. They have great things for all ages.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Check in was a little slow but they were trying their best to hurry (Had 6 people checking you in). When you check in you can request to sign up for rewards to earn points each time you stay(wild perks).It states online you get so many free tickets for attractions and they gave me all but free adult ticket for the Aquarium, I had to ask for that but i feel it if states the free tickets you should not have to ask for ALL of them (you are suppose to get free adult ticket to Aquarium,1 free kids ticket to Titanic,wonder works,and discount to zip line place as well as many good higher value coupons to Dixie Stampede and Polka Dot Pots. as far as the Resort... Wow,we were amazed at the place. My family stayed 1 night in a queen murphy room that sleeps 4 with a full kitchen and fireplace.The room was very nice and compact. We loved the decor and fireplace as well as full kitchen. Just wished it had a balcony. The next time we stay here we will get a room with a balcony and not the full kitchen because we were so busy with everything they have going on here that we didn't cook as i had plan to. The pull down bed made for more room and we liked that. Our daughter LOVED the water park (inside & out). There so many things to do that you really would not have to leave the resort. There are food places but we didn't eat there, did buy some fudge and it was good. There are many places to buy souvenirs and a nice little place to paint called Polka Dot Pot that seem very popular. My daughter loved Polka Dot Pot! When you check in there is also a coupon for this place(spend $10 get and get a free piece of pottery). On the higher side but we picked small pieces to paint to get to the $10 so she could get the free piece, ended up with 3 pieces total. Our daughter is already planing her next visit here so looks like we will sure stay here again!! They also have a place called Adventure Forest that is very nice and has many things to play and many games to play. You can buy packages for this to save money too!!

Room Tip: If you don't need a full kitchen opt for a room with a balcony.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I really think the best word to describe this place is Awesome! My family and I had a great time all weekend. We stayed in the Stonehill Lodge and had a basic room with 2 queen beds, mini-fridge, microwave and a balcony overlooking the golf course. Room was always clean, made up every day with fresh towels and trash emptied. I saw where some people said they didn't get clean towels or maid service, but we had it everyday. Also, the room did not feel small and the shower pressure was great (I always mention this). My kids enjoyed all the water parks on site (there are some pretty cool slides) there and for resort food I thought it wasn't bad. We only ate at the places pool side, the Grizzly Grill and another one. While it is typical food for places like that, I will say it is all made to order and has not been sitting out. We did not try either buffets. The Adventure part was pretty cool. My kids enjoyed all the activities. They did laser tag, bowling, putt putt and played some games too. If anyone is looking for a quick fun weekend getaway then this it. I also liked that is was not far from the exit and therefore you didn't get into a lot of the traffic you encounter out towards pigeon forge and Gatlinburg. I will definitely come back here and honestly, I told my wife I think we need to make a point to go there at least once a year.

2  Thank PettsWVU01
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a great time in our 4 day stay . Super water park and very nice rooms.
You could stay and not have to leave during your stay, they have everything.
Will be doing a return visit soon, with more family.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking outdoor water park
1  Thank Jimmy W
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are so clean and has the feel of a Cabin.. The water park is exceptional!!! It has indoor and outdoor parks!!! The lazy river was great. The indoor water park was awesome!! The kids spent the most time in the wave pool.. I enjoyed lounging in the chairs next to the water with my feet in the water.. The kids also enjoyed the slides.. And the arcade was very fun!! It was very very crowded!! It wasn't an outrageous price either!! I am defanantly going back soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank ppruett83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Hampton Inn Sevierville
Hampton Inn Sevierville
#1 of 20 in Sevierville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pigeon Forge - Sevierville

Been to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort? Share your experiences!