“Try it for yourself!”

Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
“Try it for yourself!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I read many negative reviews but my family and I had an excellent experience! Glad that we tried it! We will be back! Food was great and service was good! Room was nice too! Great family vacation. Something for everyone!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed two nights at the Hotel in the Double Queen with full kitchen. Kids had to sleep on pull out couch as the mattress was paper thin but that is our only negative. Staff was friendly upon arrive and during our stay , Room was very clean and up to date. The kids had a blast , no problems , food on site is very pricy. plan on everything being double what you would pay off site but it was convenient not having to leave the resort and battle traffic, we stayed in our swim trunks for 2 days. If you get the chance to go , "GO". You will have a great time. Awesome water park and plenty of room! Take the Wyndham resort tour, it truly was a NO HASSLE tour, takes 2.5 hours instead of the two they schedule and tell you it will only be one. but its an awesome deal. I received a 7 day free nights in any Wyndham to use within the next year, its worth the tour. Ask for Ray Cate he will not pressure you at all.

Room Tip: Our room was 11004 farthest from the front lobby and ending in 11001 this room had no view of the wa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul B
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great water parks but tiny rooms (smallest I have ever stayed in) rooms were clean though and staff was very polite. Traffic was horrible in these resort areas, takes 25 minutes to go 5 miles. Probably not go back. Whole family stayed 7 days, way to long for tiny rooms.

Pulaski, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had an awesome time at The Wilderness. One huge indoor water park with wave pool, slides, kiddie area, spa and tiki area. Indoor park stays open until 10 pm! Two outdoor parks are nice too. One has a wave pool with a lazy river and different slides and the other is on top of the hill at their stone hill lodge and has a spa, slides, kiddie area and pool with basketball goals. Access to all water parks are included with your stay. Onsite restaurant and several different snack bars and also convenient to other restaurants in the area. Rooms were clean and well stocked with towels, sheets and pillows. The room we had had a balcony that overlooked the lazy river. Some of the staff were more helpful and friendlier than others but none we encountered were rude. WiFi is very slow but that's the only negative I can think of. We did not eat at the restaurant or snack food bars so I can't report on those. They supply pool towels. There is also a game center and paint your own pottery onsite but we stayed busy with the water parks and didn't try either of those. We had a great time. Will return!

1 Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I just traveled there with my 4 kids. Ages 16, 15, 12, 5... They had a great time, we had a great time. Parents can relax knowing their kids are safe because they have so many lifeguards all around. There are several reviews complaining about their stay. For the price, it was great. You can stay at any hotel down there and it will cost just as much. I do believe 3 days is a limit. Kids get burned out after a while. But do as we did. Move to a cheaper hotel the last couple days and make your way up the strip. The restraunts are a little pricey, but that's expected. My family of 6 ate the buffet for $60 for breakfast and $96 for dinner. But the best part was we didn't leave the hotel to eat & kids were able to change and go right back at it. Overall great trip, those not pleased probably had their expectations set way to high.

1 Thank Eddie P
Fairview, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We checked into Wilderness at the Smokies at nearly 6 pm with our 6 children. On the way to our room the hallways were lined with huge bags of garbage and pizza boxes. Inside our room, the too bunk was covered in trash (juice boxes and wrappers on the bed posts...) but the beds were made. The cleanliness of the sheets was questionable. We had very little time to play in the water park. We waited for the surf rider (which 2 of my kids and my husband got hurt on, hubby's big toenail is now missing!!) we spent another 15-20 minutes at the first aid station then there was only a few minutes left to play before we closed. 2 steps into the wave pool and a MAXI PAD brushed my leg...the manager (Chris) is very rude and lacks customer service skills. I could go on but long story short, save your money and go to Oak Tree Lodge. They have a little water park and much nicer rooms there for half the price!!!!!

15 Thank KerrieC85

Travellers are raving about these Sevierville hotels

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here last week with my mom and brother. The company she works for chose this hotel for their yearly incentive trip (if we had paid to stay here we would have been even MORE disappointed.)

Location - The location of the hotel is not near anything – driving in the heavy summer traffic, it took nearly 30 mins to get to Pigeon Forge and 45 mins to get to the heart of Gatlinburg. I can understand a resort being in the middle of nowhere when it has amazing views of mountains, but that is not the case. There are hardly any trees growing on the property - it is basically on a large swath of grass (and it's called the Wilderness?)

Hotel - I stayed at the Stone Hill Lodge building of the resort so that is the only place I am qualified to review. The resort is very large and very basic. The lobby was lackluster and they played loud techno/pop music from 8:00 a.m. to well into the night. The music does not match the wilderness theme of the hotel at all and was very bizarre. There is a gift shop in the lobby that sold souvenirs, snacks, and drinks – sunscreen was $14.99 and there was NO milk. I had one drink at the bar that was decent and a vegetable omelet that was less than tolerable. After the breakfast we had, we decided to eat the rest of our meals off property. The parking at the resort is very convenient and the staff were friendly most of the time.

Room – The room is small. Seriously, one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in. The bathroom is so small you could barely turn around in it, and the sink was out in the bedroom area on a counter that only one person could stand in front of at a time. It took forever for everyone to get ready due to lack of space. The layout of the room was so strange, no defined spaces – you can tell whoever built this hotel wanted to spend as little money as possible. The bathroom products included shampoo, conditioner, and a bar of soap. I had to go buy q-tips from the gift shop because they don’t provide any – I have been to road side motels that provide q-tips.

Water parks – The big slides were fun but the lazy river had so many people in it you could not even float down it without getting random people’s limbs rubbed against you –GROSS. The parks give you something to do for a few hours, but I cannot imagine a person that would want to spend their entire vacation at these “water parks”. The pool at the Stone Hill Lodge was very loud and crowded and had two slides. There are no quiet pools or adult pools.

Overall, I would not stay at this hotel ever again. It lacks amenities and seems to try and cover this up with the promise of fun water parks that leave you wishing you would have picked another place to stay. Unless you have several children who enjoy staying in pools all day, and don’t mind being extremely cramped in your room - I would not recommend choosing this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank erinmibon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
#2 of 20 in Sevierville
Margaritaville Island Hotel
Margaritaville Island Hotel
#8 of 91 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort? Share your experiences!