“Vomit”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Livingston, Tennessee
“Vomit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Waterpark was fun. Got to the room and there was food on the floor between the beds, sticky stuff all over the night stand and VOMIT all on the side of the bathtub and toilet. A very nice gentleman cleaned it up. But went downstairs to get a refund and leave and they wanted to charge us $50 a wristband (we have 3). So, we are going to have to stay due to them charging that....we needed that money to get another room. Will NOT be back.

6 Thank Katie4439

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (707)
  • Thai first
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

First off, I have stayed at Great Wolf Lodge and this place is much better. If you have smaller children it has a lot more to offer. Our room was great. Full kitchen, fireplace, Murphy bed, and pull out sofa. It was perfect for 2 adults, 2 kids. The faux leather couch needed to be updated just do to wear. There are a few things that cost extra just like Great Wolf. There's a ropes course and a paint your own pottery room. We painted pottery and it was not incredibly high priced. It was in line with all other paint your own pottery stores. You can pick up your pieces the next morning or they'll rip them to you. The water slides were great. We can't wait to come stay again!!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank sandcmom
Winston-salem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I took our 9 year old grandson and his 11 year old cousin for a one-night stay at Wilderness in the Smokies. Got there about 1:00 pm and our room was ready so we got to go ahead and check in--boys were thrilled! They hit the water and stayed until closing at 10:00 p.m. except for the time we took out to go to Cici's for dinner that night. They were very hungry so figured Cici's buffet was about the best deal we would find. Following the advice of others, we had brought a box of cereal and the fixings with us for breakfast and this was good on two counts--very inexpensive and did not take them long to eat and hit the water again! They spent all day that day until 5:00 that afternoon absolutely enjoying themselves to no end. We did choose to eat in Grizzly's Grill for lunch that day because they didn't want to take time to leave the park. Food was just OK--not too terribly expensive, but also not too tasty either. Had to leave at 5:00 because we had about a 3 hr drive home--stopped for dinner on our way home that night. They had a ball and that was all we had hoped for--this was all for them. Great place for kids, and considering that the price for the room included the parks also, not a bad deal at all. Of course, this was right after school had started in TN so perhaps rates were lower than they had been a couple weeks earlier--I don't know. I did check the rates for a couple weeks out for the Labor Day weekend and they were definitely higher. Guess our timing was good and were very pleased with the value.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ralph D
Newland, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We were here two nights on a Monday and Tuesday Night. We had a double room with sleeper sofa & micro/fridge. The Room and whole resort seemed very clean. All Staff was very friendly and helpful. The water parks were great, only complaint there was the outdoor part closed at 8:00 and the kids were nowhere ready to be done, and the wavepool only seemed to come on about once an hour so the kids were getting bored with it. Not a huge deal though. We did not eat at any of the restaurants. We did get ice cream once which was reasonably priced and tasty.

We were definitly there on a budget and if you are also then plan on skipping the adventure forest (good luck with that though seeing how it is placed right between the two waterparks and you have to walk through it every time you go between them.) We did buy an all day pass for the kids to use for one day and thought that it included everything except the arcade which we brought quarters for, however it didn't include lazor tag or outdoor mini golf which was still ok but the kids were disappointed about lazor tag so we checked on getting it seperate and it was $7.00 for one game that lasted about 5 minutes. Also I guess I am thinking oldfashioned to think we could use quarters in the arcade becasue it didn't take quarters you had to buy a card to swipe at the games. $10 bought a card with 30 credits on it, and on average each game took 4 credits, but some took 6 so we didn't do the arcade just to expensive for us.

Room Tip: Try to get off the bottom floor the patio was right in the parking lot pretty much so no privacy.
1 Thank arekgb
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This resort has it's good and bad. I found it to be very comparable to the Great Wolf Lodge. The main plus was the accommodations; we stayed in the River Lodge Deluxe 1 bedroom and everything was clean and well kept, although the faux leather on the furniture had seen better days. Enough room for 4 adults, 2 kids, and a baby but any more than that would be pretty cramped even though it claims to sleep 10. The kitchen is stocked, although the pots and pans are cheap, and plenty of extra linens and pillows are provided. All staff we encountered were very pleasant and all areas of the resort were clean and well maintained. Between the indoor water park, the 2 outdoor water parks, the arcade, ropes course, laser tag, pottery painting, etc., there are plenty of activities to keep the kids entertained. That said, not everything is included with the price of your stay, for instance even with the additional arcade pass the laser tag is extra on top of that. You end up with room keys, towel cards, and arcade/laser tag/etc passes along with water park wristbands so it ends up being a lot to keep up with. It would be ideal if they would streamline it with a chip on the "required" wristband. Also the resort is designed so you have to walk past and through the gift shop and arcade area before getting to the water parks, and I know exactly why, but it was a pain with the kids. Another annoying thing about the layout is the elevator situation, they are slow and poorly located so be prepared for long waits and lots of walking. Food at the resort is also a big con, even though kids eat "free" at the buffets, the buffets for adults are almost $19 plus drink and the food is just okay. It is worth getting groceries or going off the resort to eat but outside food isn't allowed in the water parks. The water parks themselves were nice but lines for the bigger slides were long and at one point the mechanism that returned to tubes to the top of the Storm Chaser/Canyon ride broke and it was never communicated to anyone waiting in the long lines that the rides were out of service. The Vortex ride appeared to be out of order most of our stay, as did some of the bowling lanes. At peak times there were not enough chairs/tables/loungers to even put your towels down on. Saturday was by far the most crowded day so if you can come midweek that would be ideal. Overall we had a nice stay but I think kids in the 9-16 age range would get the most out of it, ours were a little young. I would recommend it if you already plan to be in the area but I wouldn't make a special trip; and don't be fooled if you get a good deal on the room, be prepared to shell out money on food and all the extras.

2 Thank FrknHippie
Bristol, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I wanted to treat my three children, plus the oldest's best friend, so I splurged on two nights at The Wilderness. I felt okay about the high price, until I found a receipt in my room. The same two nights (Friday and Saturday) just one week earlier had cost the previous occupant 1/3 of the price I paid! Perhaps there were fewer guests than the five I had, but that would not account for this great of a price differential.

On top of that, the fact that a receipt was found in the room (in addition to a pair of Nike sandals) told me that the room had not been given proper attention when cleaned. Also, the room was dark, the single lamp didn't work, and the pull-out sofa bed was worse than most in terms of comfort, or rather lack thereof.

Finally, for the astronomical price I paid, I was disappointed (though hardly surprised) at how costly food was within the resort.

On a positive note, the three water parks were pretty awesome. The kids (two 14 year olds, a 10 year old and a 7 year old) had a good time. I would recommend this place, but NOT at the rate I paid. I just assumed the rate was what it was and that it would be worth it. When I discovered that the rate was WAY lower just a week earlier, and upon seeing the accommodations and the outrageous prices for food, I would definitely pay as much to go there again.

Room Tip: My room had neither a balcony or a patio. For what I paid, I should have had one or the other.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kajoelle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

My 5 year old and I had a blast here! We got our room for half price online. Only 2 things I didn't like about our room. 1. Even with all the lights on, it was still very dark. 2. We didn't have a balcony, just a "patio". Giant sliding patio doors with a flimsy lock on it. They should have a security bar across the bottom.
Otherwise I have no complaints.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alyssa P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
The Inn at Christmas Place
The Inn at Christmas Place
#2 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,981 reviews

Been to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort? Share your experiences!