“Absolutely the BEST experience at a B&B!!”

Berry Springs Lodge
Ranked #2 of 17 Sevierville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Clean,courteous, quiet, friendly, convenient, and the list of positive adjectives goes on and on....
Patrick and Sue are the consummate innkeepers. You will enjoy their beautiful setting and hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This was our third trip this year! The views from the upstairs sun rise rooms are amazing, the hot tub on balcony very private and so welcome after day of hiking. There is also fireplace in bedroom which we didn't use this trip(August) exceptionally clean room. Very very good breakfast and friendly service. Oh yes then there are desserts in the evening all included.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Recently my wife and I stayed at Berry Springs Lodge celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. I can't say enough good things about this bed and breakfast and the people who run it. The property its on is gorgeous. We stayed in a King room overlooking the beautiful Smokey Mountains, what a view!! We initially booked a 2 night stay but ended up staying 3. We wished we could have stayed longer it was that impressive.
The owners Patrick and Sue made us feel very welcomed and made sure our stay was a memorable one! Every night there was a new desert laying out in the dining area. The breakfast that was served every morning was second to none. If it was something you didn't like or want to try, they also offered you alternatives. None needed, I can assure you. The breakfast was that good!! The cleanliness of our room on a scale from 1 to 10 was a 20!!! You can tell Melissa takes a lot of pride in her work and it shows. The property is only 14 years old but looks as nice as the first day they opened. We will never forget the beautiful sunrise every morning coming up from behind the Smokey Mountains!!
Needles to say we will be going back in the near future!!

- Use a cheese grater to grate the zucchini.

- Be sure to dry the zucchini after it has been grated so it is NOT super water-y.

- You can also use all-purpose flour instead of cake flour, but we prefer cake flour.

- If using a glass pan, you may need to cook 15-25 minutes longer.

- Bottled lemon juice works just as well as juice directly from the lemon.

- Can also be made in smaller loaf pans. You can divide batter into 4 and place in greased 6 x 2 1/2″ pans (Bake for 35-40 minutes)

- Can also be made as muffins – Bake for 25-30 minutes – makes about 15-16 muffins.

Room Tip: For a romantic stay choose a private balcony room with a Jacuzzi overlooking the Smokey Mountains...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom A A
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I visited the Berry Springs Lodge May 9th-11th, 2014 for our two year anniversary. Everyone on the staff was truly wonderful and the perfect attention to detail. I HIGHLY recommend the Holly Springs room as it has a great balcony, view and hot tub. My husband and I also enjoyed that it was an end room which had a teensy bit more privacy. Breakfast each more was DIVINE and the night snacks were great. As a "foodie" and dietitian, I have a super high standard of food. The stuffed french toast was my favorite. The eggs Benedict was good but not necessarily my favorite simply because I'm not an eggs Benedict kind of person but I could appreciate the quality of the dish and how well it was made. The room was always spotless every time the staff came in. We only stayed two nights but would have considered it awesome to stay much longer. The trails provided for a really nice walk. It rained really hard when we were up there while taking a hike and my husband and I used the barn as refuge during the downpour. We ended up playing pool and ping pong and it was great! We did spend a significant amount of time in our room in the hot tub. Since we had such a heavy lunch one day, we ended up going to a local grocery store to pick up wine, smoked gouda, crackers, and grapes to just wind down in the hot tub. This place was truly one of the best vacation experiences I've had in such a short stay. Some favorite things: plush robes, the DVD movie selection, 24/7 access to snacks and evening access to homemade daily desserts, hot tub size and the walking trails. We will DEFINITELY be returning to Berry Springs Lodge in the future!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SQG84
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My Mom and I stayed for 4 days in the Crystal Springs which is down stairs because my mom is 88 and not good with stairs. Berry Springs is a gorgeous bed and breakfast with woodland decor. Our room was right next to the living room area of the lodge but although the lodge was full we never heard anyone else at night. We always awoke to the smells and sounds of breakfast cooking, Breakfast was gourmet but not too outrageous, my picky kids would eat here. And if there was something on the menu you didn't care for you just needed to change your order the night before. We did that our last morning just because we'd eaten out so much we just needed something simple. Every night we enjoyed Sue's gourmet desserts along with Dollywood's fireworks. The dvd collection is out of this world with over a 1000 entries. We did find time to watch a couple of movies. Although our balcony faced the parking lot which was perfect for viewing the fireworks, it was easy to sit on the back porch and enjoy the wonderful view and the birds. I've lived in TN for over 30 yrs but have only visited the Smokies a handful of times, this was one of my best trips. We did the Summer Arts and Crafts Fair in Gatlinburg, Cades Cove, Clingmans Dome, the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, the Arts and Crafts Community Loop, and the Smokey Mt Opry. It was crowded in July but I've seen it worse. All in all you can't beat staying at Berry Springs Lodge. Thanks to Patrick, Sue, and Melissa for a memorable stay. Hope to be back in the near future.

Room Tip: I didn't see all the rooms but I'm sure they are as lovely as the Crystal Springs which had...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My only regret was that we stayed for one night. The lodge was immaculate. The grounds were gorgeous. From the extensive collection of local restaurant menus to the 1000+ DVDs and books in the library, I was impressed with the attention to every detail. I would love to go back!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a very nice B&B and would not hesitate to recommend it. The B&B is well run and as spotless as you can get. The view from the balconies are spectacular. However, we had never been in the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg area before and this was a big disappointment. To get to Smoky Mountain National Park from the B&B you have to drive the gauntlet through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg which consists of miles of tacky tourist traps. The traffic was stop and go on a recent Friday and Saturday and by the time we entered the National Park the roads were clogged with cars even within the Park. In short, the B&B itself is wonderful and highly recommended, if you can avoid the incredibly irritating areas around Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: The 5 rooms facing east have a spectacular view of the surrounding valley.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pigeon Forge - Sevierville
Hampton Inn Sevierville
Hampton Inn Sevierville
#1 of 20 in Sevierville

Been to Berry Springs Lodge? Share your experiences!