“BAD DECISION ON OUR PART!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE”
Review of River View Inn

River View Inn
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We found 3 ROACHES in our room.....the person at the front desk didnt even apologize. Even though we got our money back and it was still disgusting!!!!!

Room Tip: go down the road to Days Inn......same price LOT better service and hotel rooms.....Just so you know...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly R

Reviewed 7 September 2011

I knew booking this room that is was definitely a budget hotel, but the ratings were reasonable and I felt it was going to be clean and comfortable, so I took a chance. At least that's what I was expecting! I was extremely disappointed! Our Non Smoking room wreaked of cigarette smoke. The carpet was filthy. The bathroom was dingy. I killed some kind of bug in the bathroom also. I never took my sandals off the whole time, even showering in my flip flops. The bed didn't have blankets, only the old polyester bedspread. The pillows spelled old and smokey. The mattress was old and hard. We checked for bedbugs and found none, so decided to just tough it out as it was very late and the holiday traffic in Pigeon Forge was a nightmare. The balcony was dirty, the chair on the balcony was an old plastic chair, dirty and damaged. The view, which was less than desirable, was an overgrown and weedy area with a creek that looked more like a drainage ditch. When I checked out I brought these issues up to the desk clerk who was rather dismissive and didn't offer any apologies. While waiting to checkout another guest was in the coffee area asking for donuts to be replenished and the desk clerk just handed him a box of donuts. No napkins etc. Overall bad experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HisDawn
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I am sitting in our now 3rd room, and I will tell you that right up the road there is a much better one for the same money! Day 1 try to check in at 2 the time they told me on the phone and the guy says room not ready come back at 3. I get back here at 4:15 and the lady tells me my room (king bed) isn't ready and changes me to a room with 2 queen beds. We unpack and go check out the pool the pool is green and has trash floating in it (yeah I am not happy). We head out to eat and come back go to bed. Day 2 I get up take a shower and the shower breaks I could still use it, but it needed fixed I tell the lady and she asks me to come back the next morning and tell the owner. Day 3 I go tell the owner and he laughs at me tells me he has been gone and his son was running the business. He blows me off for the next person in line...I was really mad. I left and we went to dollywood for the day, come back shower and levae to go eat. We just got back and my boyfriend steps in the door into water!!!! I go to the front desk and the lady asks if I want to stay in that room still yet. So here it is at 11:24 pm and I am not in our 3rd room. I am not a happy person and the owner will here from me in the morning!

Room Tip: Stay at a different place!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Going into our stay at the River View, we were a bit concerned due to the poor reviews and the low price. However, we were pleasantly surprised by our good experience and the great value of the River View! We only paid a total of $38 and got a clean room about 30-45 minutes from the Smokey Mountain NP. The room even has a patio area that opens up to a view the river. We ate our own breakfast while watching the sun rise over the river/meadow. I understand their continental breakfast only consists of donuts and coffee. It isn't luxurious, but it is a good value!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thefox111
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We woke up 15 minutes before checkout so we were in a hurry as it was. Anyway (stupidly) me and my mom over looked her purse; the most important thing we had. We got about 3 miles down the road and noticed that we left it. We quickly turned around and raced back.We got there and wouldn't you know they were cleaning our room. My mom ran in the room and the maid quickly said "your purse is in the office" before she could get a word out. She got it out of the office and checked the money and realised we were missing $40. However how can you prove it? Also they advertise a whoolpool; still looking for it. I have more complaints but I am out of room. Please don't stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We stopped at the River View Inn and asked to look at a non smoking room. I looked at the first room and can tell you there was a heavey odor of cigarette smoke. I asked if I could see another non soking room, the same thing. When I mentioned it to Billy the manager, he said he was sorry, but they were supposed to be non smiking. ( this was the case at several other motels I looked at) The room had a micro fridge, about 6 cans of soda fit in it. A micro wave that I have not seen for about 15 years, but it did work. There were two doors in the room leading to the outside. The main door had a dead bolt lock that did not work. The back door over looking the river only had a lock in the door knob. THe second lock was missing. Not much security. The manager told us the nightly fee increased by $10.00 on Friday and Saturday night. On Friday morning when we deceided to stay another night, the Owners daughter tried to charge us $20.00 additional. My husband called her on it and she agreed to the additional $10.00 charge. When we returned from a day of hiking in the Smokey's about 4:000 P.M. our room was not cleaned. No beds were made, no clean towels and no trash emptied. When I went to the desk, I was told there was no one in houskeeping on the property, they had left for the day. I was able to get clean towels and soap from the evening clerk. She suggested That I ask for a discount in the morning. My husband told me good luck since he said the young lady on the morning shift had an attitude when he asked her to bring out more coffee. When I checked out, I told her the room was was not cleaned and her response was "what do you mean" I had to explain to her, beds were not made, trash was not emptied, no clean towels. She asked me if I answered the door when the maid knocked, I told her we were gone all day. She refered to a sheet that said our room was cleaned. I told her it was not and I expected a discount. She reluctantly gave me $5.50 back. When I thanked here she ignored me. I said thank you again and she finally responed with a snotty "your welcome".

When you are tired and have been driving all day, sometimes you are willing to "settle" for something you would normally not accept. DON"T, KEEP LOOKING. There are many many motels between Sevierville and The Smokey Mountain National Park entrance. There must be A THOUSAND MOTELS.

Make sure you look the room over and check EVERYTHING, door locks, AC/heater etc.
Confirm the rate and ask about additional charges BEFORE paying. Some places charged $10.00 additional for the ground floor. There are a lot of very scarey, dirty motels in this area.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

PLACE IS A DUMP, most of the lights didn't work , but u realy don't need them plenty of light comes in around the back door, back door look as if someone had kick it in and some 3 year old fixed it, the dead bolt lock for the front door is useless (see pic) free wi-fi yes but can never get on ,it will not work, rooms need to be up dated bad, try to find somewhere other than here to stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple