“A Great Place To Stay!!”
Review of River View Inn

River View Inn
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Johnson City
“A Great Place To Stay!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My friends and I stayed here week ago...rooms were big and clean and mainly for me it was quite...seemed like rooms have been recently renovated!! They had coffee makers in the room. Staff was very nice to us.. Yeah for breakfast all they had was Donuts and coffee but still wasn't bad. I would definitely recommend this place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Rooms close to pool is very quite and nice..each room has its separate balcony!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Hubby and I had to grab the first thing that was vacant as we were there for baseball tournaments, and everything was booked!! Never will I leave home without making reservations ahead of time!!! After we got checked in,I went to the front desk to ask for coffee, and the rude girl says to me" you have coffee maker in your room" I say to her"no, there is no cofee maker in my room", and after going back and forth, I finally told her to go look!!! While I was in there, another lady comes in demanding a refund because her room was infested with roaches!!! I go back to my room and start a thorough inspection, and found a filthy bathroom sink, with ketchup dried on it, NASTY carpet,roach bug parts, and legs on top of the nightstand, and inside the nightstand drawer, I found a toe nail, and dead roaches!!!! I demanded a refund, and at this point I would have preferred to sleep in our vehicle!! The clerk,was very rude to me, and said all motels have roaches!!! I told her "no way, and that they had roaches because they were filthy people!" Thank goodness, we were able to find a beautiful bed and breakfast with one room left!!! River View Inn was a Very short, but disgusting experience!

Room Tip: Please do not stay in this Dive!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Sevierville hotels

Covington, Ohio
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We found 3 ROACHES in our room.....the person at the front desk didnt even apologize. Even though we got our money back and it was still disgusting!!!!!

Room Tip: go down the road to Days Inn......same price LOT better service and hotel rooms.....Just so you know...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly R
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I knew booking this room that is was definitely a budget hotel, but the ratings were reasonable and I felt it was going to be clean and comfortable, so I took a chance. At least that's what I was expecting! I was extremely disappointed! Our Non Smoking room wreaked of cigarette smoke. The carpet was filthy. The bathroom was dingy. I killed some kind of bug in the bathroom also. I never took my sandals off the whole time, even showering in my flip flops. The bed didn't have blankets, only the old polyester bedspread. The pillows spelled old and smokey. The mattress was old and hard. We checked for bedbugs and found none, so decided to just tough it out as it was very late and the holiday traffic in Pigeon Forge was a nightmare. The balcony was dirty, the chair on the balcony was an old plastic chair, dirty and damaged. The view, which was less than desirable, was an overgrown and weedy area with a creek that looked more like a drainage ditch. When I checked out I brought these issues up to the desk clerk who was rather dismissive and didn't offer any apologies. While waiting to checkout another guest was in the coffee area asking for donuts to be replenished and the desk clerk just handed him a box of donuts. No napkins etc. Overall bad experience.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HisDawn
Wytheville
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I am sitting in our now 3rd room, and I will tell you that right up the road there is a much better one for the same money! Day 1 try to check in at 2 the time they told me on the phone and the guy says room not ready come back at 3. I get back here at 4:15 and the lady tells me my room (king bed) isn't ready and changes me to a room with 2 queen beds. We unpack and go check out the pool the pool is green and has trash floating in it (yeah I am not happy). We head out to eat and come back go to bed. Day 2 I get up take a shower and the shower breaks I could still use it, but it needed fixed I tell the lady and she asks me to come back the next morning and tell the owner. Day 3 I go tell the owner and he laughs at me tells me he has been gone and his son was running the business. He blows me off for the next person in line...I was really mad. I left and we went to dollywood for the day, come back shower and levae to go eat. We just got back and my boyfriend steps in the door into water!!!! I go to the front desk and the lady asks if I want to stay in that room still yet. So here it is at 11:24 pm and I am not in our 3rd room. I am not a happy person and the owner will here from me in the morning!

Room Tip: Stay at a different place!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer M
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Going into our stay at the River View, we were a bit concerned due to the poor reviews and the low price. However, we were pleasantly surprised by our good experience and the great value of the River View! We only paid a total of $38 and got a clean room about 30-45 minutes from the Smokey Mountain NP. The room even has a patio area that opens up to a view the river. We ate our own breakfast while watching the sun rise over the river/meadow. I understand their continental breakfast only consists of donuts and coffee. It isn't luxurious, but it is a good value!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thefox111
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We woke up 15 minutes before checkout so we were in a hurry as it was. Anyway (stupidly) me and my mom over looked her purse; the most important thing we had. We got about 3 miles down the road and noticed that we left it. We quickly turned around and raced back.We got there and wouldn't you know they were cleaning our room. My mom ran in the room and the maid quickly said "your purse is in the office" before she could get a word out. She got it out of the office and checked the money and realised we were missing $40. However how can you prove it? Also they advertise a whoolpool; still looking for it. I have more complaints but I am out of room. Please don't stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family