“Nice Little Motel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sevierville
Mountain Aire Motor Inn
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Nice Little Motel”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My mother and I had been in Gatlinburg for 4th of July weekend and had planned to stay 3 nights there, but our plans got changed (long story, not relevant here) and we only had a room for 2 nights. We spend most of the afternoon of July 4 in Pigeon Forge trying to find somewhere to stay, but everything available was either too expensive or too dumpy. We were only a couple of hours from home, so we could afford to be a bit picky. I remembered seeing Mountain Air many times as we drove by and decided we would check here before deciding to come on home.

The vacancy sign was still on, and we were very pleased to find a unit with two small, separate bedrooms, with the bathroom in the middle. The front bedroom had a table with 2 chairs, a microwave, and a small refrigerator. There was a closet rack for hanging clothes. The back bedroom was a bit smaller and had no closet space but did have a dresser. Both rooms had a TV. The unit was clean and comfortable, and we slept well and enjoyed the privacy of having separate bedrooms. The price was wonderful; it was a great rate for 4th of July weekend. There was no free breakfast, but the Flap Jack Pancake house was next door, and the motel let us keep our car parked there while we walked to the pancake house after we had checked out.

There is a beautiful flower garden at the back of the hotel, but we were unable to explore it fully because of the rainy weather. There was also a balcony off of our back bedroom, but we didn't use it, party because of the weather.

The staff was very friendly and the lady at the desk gave me a map of the area when I was asking about the new highway, before we agreed to take the room. Traffic was terrible on the Parkway going back into Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, and we didn't want to fight it. I knew there was a new highway which went around and came into the lower end of Pigeon Forge, but I didn't know how to get to it. The lady showed me on the map where the new Veteran's Parkway highway was. I then agreed to take the room, because I knew it would be very easy to take the long way around and bypass the traffic. We made one trip to Pigeon Forge that afternoon for shopping and a pizza (which we brought back and enjoyed in our room); then we went back later to watch the fireworks. Because of the new highway, we were very happy with the location.

The motel has WiFi, too. It worked great in the front bedroom, but I had some problems with it in the back room. It seemed to do a bit better when I moved closer to the window.

I will definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jean_in_TN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fairfield Bay
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Following most recommendations we decided to try this place. Cleanliness is vital to us in any room and this place has it. The reasonable rates combined with friendly, helpful staff and location made this ideal for our trip to Pigeon Forge.
The motel is older and far more the style of the 80's, but more than adequate if your not planning to spend all of your time in the room. Our room with a comfortable king bed, couch, table and chairs, microwave, small fridge and hair dryer meets one's needs.
Any time we return to the area we will stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank par521
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We arrived on a friday evening during peak fall colors and a football game only to find they had mistakingly canceled our room instead of another party. We had no place to stay at 9:00pm, they made no arrangements for us anywhere else. We had reservations for 3 days which were canceled do to some ones oversight. It was midnight before we found anything and had to go 60 miles of route 40 to find a room. The next day we came by Mountain Aire and they had vacancy on the sign. We had always stayed there numerous times but do you think we will stay there again, NO. If you have reservations you better check and make sure they were not canceled due to a mistake !!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mary G
Mars Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This place is great! The owners are so nice and the rooms are so clean!! We had a reservation for 3 nights and ended up staying an extra night because we were enjoying our visit and they accommodated us! There is nothing fancy about this place, no breakfast. Which is no problem for my hubby and I because we don't get up early enough anyway. They don't bang on your door at 8 am asking if you need maid service! So nice!! They will call your room around noon or 1pm to see if you want maid service. They have a very quaint garden in the back off to the side of the parking lot. We stay in the back on the ground floor (no elevators) and didn't hear anything from the road or the other guests. I can't wait to stay here again! Only bad thing is, they are not open from January through March and that is when we go to PF most of the time! :( Love this place!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back so you are off the road. It is more quiet. And be sure to check out t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Crafting_Mama
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Older hotel but reasonably priced, very clean and good location. Nice flower gardens out back. Shower water pressure was wonderful. Parking was close to our room. Had little pool and hot tub but we didn't use. Non smoking no pets we liked. Has smoking area for smokers. Had grills which we will use next time I think. Very friendly staff. We will definetly stay there next year.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Cindy B
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We just got back from a Labor Day trip down to the Smokies again, and spent a night here again !!! This place is SO clean - rooms smell fresh, beds are comfortable, sheets are crisp, towels are WHITE!!! Water is hot (I like it that way) - beautiful gardens out back!!! The price is incredible and this place IS CLEAN COMFORTABLE and VERY NICE! Will always stay here when visiting Sevierville/Pigeon Forge. - - I absolutely love this place and will return again and again! Our adult son says this is the ONLY motel, other than the very expensive Marriott Inn in downtown Indy, that has comfortable beds, great crisp bed linens, etc. - - Save money and great the very best deal anywhere near the Smokies!!!! - - -This place is a little 'oasis' in the middle of Sevierville/:Pigeon Forge. - Be sure to visit the garden out back - it is a work of art! From a true fan!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room out back near the gardens - they are beautiful, and it's quieter out back!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank hikinggussie
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This Inn may be older but the way everything is kept up, you would never know it. Even the brick portion of the walls on the outside of the Inn seemed to have a shine. I am very particular when it comes to the cleanliness of places I stay and the Mountain Aire Motor Inn is exceptional. The corners/baseboards of the bathroom were even clean and the whole room smelled great upon entering. We checked the mattresses, linens, and bedspreads and all were sparkling white (not dingy or stained). The towels and washcloths also smelled very clean & were bright white. The towels were small but do the job. Plenty of hot water (might want to be careful with that because it was REALLY hot) but a great thing with a little adjustment. Everyone we spoke with at Mountain Aire were very nice, helpful if needed, and made us feel very welcome. I know some people said they did not like that the Inn uses real keys but I would rather have an actual key and not have to deal with a keycard not being programmed correctly or waiting for the little light to turn green. We felt very safe here and it was very relaxing and I loved that it was just far enough away from Pigeon Forge that we got out of the traffic before getting to the Inn. That made getting in and out much less stressful. This is a fantastic place to stay and I would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room at the back near the garden. It is a very peaceful and pretty garden.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family