“Fantastic Shop, wonderful experience!!!”

Moonshine Ridge Country Store & Cafe
Ranked #6 of 46 Shopping in Sevierville
Terre Haute, Indiana
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fantastic Shop, wonderful experience!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

You cannot go to Gatlinburg and the Smoky National Park without coming here. This is one of the cutest shops I have ever seen. The fudge here was fantastic to. They have lots of samples of salsa, jellies and such as well. We bought quite a few items here. I can't wait for our next trip to Gatlinburg because this is a must stop!

Visited June 2011
2 Thank Jen2311047

“It has great food and a good store. I...”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

It has great food and a good store. I reccommend the hot dog with chili, cheese, and onions

Louisville, Kentucky
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I probably never would have found this place if it weren't for trip advisor and I'm so glad that I did. It is my new favorite store to visit in the area. They have some really cute decoration type stuff and lots of pretty jewelry that is reasonably priced. Also, lots of samples of salsas, pickled stuff and jellies and jams. We brought home the hot pickled green tomatoes and they are so good! They also let you try samples of their fudge and candies. The moonshine cherry fudge is very good and different. It reminds me of eggnog. Definitely make the short drive off the strip to this place.

1 Thank 23daisys
Haleyville, Alabama
“got to stop here”
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Lots of crafty things , reasonable prices . huge line of jellies , jams , salsa etc with free samples -- watch out some are HOT !!!!!!!!. Have not tried the restaurant . great photo op too

NC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Great Smoky Mountain fun.”
Reviewed 19 October 2009

The last review gave a wonderful description of the country store, so I will review the cafe. First of all it is a very attractive place. Whether you eat inside or at tables on the porch, the ambience is inviting. We went in October '09 and there was a chill in the air, so we enjoyed the fireplace inside. The food was good, but not great. I had the Rueben sandwich ($6.99) and my husband had the chili with a grilled sandwich ($7.99). I requested regular bread rather than the rye, but received the rye, and it ruined the flavor for me. I was just too hungry to send it back. The meat was so so, but the sauerkraut was excellent. There was not much cheese that I could detect. We had traveled about 12 miles from our hotel just to get me this Rueben, so naturally I was disappointed. My husband said the chili was a little thin and on the bland side; he likes it thick and hearty. Portions were a little small for the price.
We will definitely go back to try other items on the menu because we really did like the country atmosphere. The cafe is a family run business and they were nice friendly folks who provided good service. Ordering is done at the front. When your food is ready they call your first name and bring it to you. A beautiful view of the Smokies is seen through the windows. Plank floors and log walls added to the ole timey feel of the place, as did the moonshine jugs on the tables that held flower bouquets. We give 4 stars mostly for the country-fied experience. If the prices were more in line with the food quality and portions, it would definitely be 5 stars.

1 Thank NCjoyful