“A tasty surprise!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 8 July 2014

El Paso is a quaint little place tucked away in a strip mall. We almost missed it. The food was outstanding. The service was great. The ambiance was interesting. And to top it off, the price was very reasonable. A very pleasant surprise.

1  Thank G b

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Trolling around Sevierville during a recent vacation, we stumbled upon El Paso. Sometimes you just get lucky. We found the waiter very engaging (in his Brasil soccer jersey), and the food was above average. The pitcher of margaritas ($21.99) was just sweet enough and just sour enough, and also quite large. My wife only eats enchiladas and hers came without all the extra sauce and cheese that most Mexican eateries drown their food in. I had a dish that has broiled tilapia with some white sauce over it. The sauce was odd, but strangely enhanced the fish. Also the dish came with nicely seasoned rice. (About a shovel full). Quite a pile of peppers, zucchini,onions, and mushrooms included 4 scallops and 4 tiger shrimp. Overall the dish was very tasty, but would have benefited with the seafood and vegetables being grilled on the flat top for a few minutes. My meal was only $12.99 so I'm not complaining, and it would have fed a small family. Chips and salsa accompanied the margaritas with an added small bowl of bean dip which was a bonus. Overall, I enjoyed our meal at El Paso. The menu is large and the atmosphere friendly. The restaurant was well patronized that Wednesday evening.

1  Thank thop3
Reviewed 23 June 2014

After moving here from Arizona we immediately started our search for a decent Mexican restaurant. The El Paso has helped to fill that void. They have a mini salsa bar which is great and I really like the fajita taco. The staff are hard working and the food is good, you will not be disappointing.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I'm from the real El Paso and this was nothing compared to the real one. Food was... Ok. Service was slow and rude! Jesus was our waiter and didn't know what he was doing! Never going back.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been to many Mexican restaurants from here to the southwest and El Paso is as good as any of them. They have a huge menu so if you can't find something here to eat then you just don't like Mexican food. Quality control is very good. Never had a bad meal here. One of my favorites.