“A good base for our activities”
other traveller has booked this property
Cabin Hot Tub
Ripley's Old MacDonald's Farm Mini-Golf
Smoky Mountain Opry
Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies
Xplorie Movie Night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Weasywee
“Horrible!!!”
Reviewed 5 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Worst vacation I've ever had... Cabin was suppose to be ready at 4 we didn't get here till 5:30 cabin still wasn't ready, traveled 13 hrs... Finally get in the cabin at almost 8pm.. The cabin was dirty most appliances wasn't working.. Sooooooo we go down to the office horrible, horrible costumer service. They don't take accountability for anything they make an excuse for every problem even asked us to leave the office... What a professional staff.... Not! By far worst vacation my family has taken we come here every year but we definitely will not be dealing with Eden Crest ever again

13 Jan 2015
We made several attempts to make amends with you but you kept making personal attacks against our employees and making demands that were Inappropriate. Yes I listened to you attack one of my employees personally when she was being very calm and considerate of you. It was only then that I asked you to leave. We are not punching bags and personally attacking someone who is attempting to deal with you in a professional manner is not something we have to endure.
You claim that the cabin was not cleaned to your satisfaction yet you waited 3 days before you made us aware of the cleaning issue. You also complained that the cleaners were not finished at 4PM so you had to wait on them. We would have sent the cleaners back to address any issues that you found in the cabin but after you lived in the cabin for 3 days it is impossible to determine what the cleaning issues were. You claim that the guest is always right and that no matter what they ask a company should comply with the demands regardless if they are reasonable or not. It is inappropriate for any customer to make such demands. Yes, we are human and can make mistakes but we will always make efforts to apologize and make amends. There seems to be a handful of individuals that think if they make unfounded or unreasonable allegations and demand reimbursement they can get something free. It has become a sport for some individuals. They make ridiculous demands for exorbitant refunds and threaten to bad mouth a company on the internet if they do not comply with the demands. We are an honest small business and we do the right thing by our guests but we cannot comply with unreasonable demands simply to avoid dealing with the truth. We get many compliments on our team for their friendliness and the cleanliness of the cabin. Yes, we can make mistakes and we cannot predict when something will break but we have a great team that is always fast to act on making things right for the guest. We have a 10 year track record of success because we care about our guests and deal with each one respectfully and honestly but clearly this requires dealing with people who are also honest about the circumstances.
scottmR33...
“A good base for our activities”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We arrived with our extended family of kids, their spouses, and four grandchildren. Eden Crest called us when the house was ready to check-in, and we were able to arrive a little early. The home is large and very spacious, and everyone had plenty of privacy and room. The views were spectacular, and each porch had comfortable wooden gliders and rockers and in some cases tables and chairs. The swimming pool was quite small, but fine for the children or for small groups of adults. The temperature was fine. We did have a few minor negatives -- the pool table felt cover still had not been replaced as noted in an earlier review, likely due to the constant rental of this huge house. The video arcade games do not work, and someone had previously taken the Wii games so we could not enjoy that aspect with the kids. The gas grill had not been cleaned from the last guests, forcing us to abandon our traditional family cookout. Cabins of this sort tend to be noisy (both from internal noises such as people talking on the floor above you or the kids running around) but it's a wooden cabin, not a normal house with more internal insulation. The noise level was manageable, as was the noise from the adjoining property. The location is a short 10-minute drive to the Parkway and the attractions. The bedding was comfortable and clean. Plenty of hot water for showers and baths! We did not originally reserve this cabin, but were switched to it when our originally requested property with a home theater was sold to a new owner and taken off list of available rental properties. The Internet service in this cabin worked OK without any significant issues.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Christsai...
“Problems from beginning to end.”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

3/8/14....I have rented cabins in the Gatlinburg area for more than 7 yrs. We go every spring break. This is the first time I had so many problems. They didn't take Amex. so the customer service rep ( name Billy) refer me to bill me later (a link on their website). I had never done that before and the rep did not assist me. He kept telling me to just follow the instructions and then call him back with the code I receive. So I called the rep back and gave him the info. He said that my cabin was reserved and sent me a reservation # via email. A few days later I received a voice message stating that my reservations will be canceled if I didn't call them back. Then I received an email canceling my reservations. So I call and the rep just said they did not receive my deposit. So after asking for a manager I finally spoke with David and then Richard. Richard apologies for the rep and said he should not have had me to go through bill me later. But he should have told me to set up a pay pal account (also link on their site). So that I could use my Amex. to pay deposit. He also said Billy had not been trained on that. So now I have a line of credit I don't need. Anyway Richard walked me through the pay pal process and I set up an account and he reserved the cabin again for me. Ok a few days after that I received another email canceling my reservations. I called Richard and he said he didn't know why that happened so he just reserved it again. This made me nervous so I would call periodically to make sure we still had our reservations because I had 25 people that were going to be staying in this cabin. Ok the day finally comes for our vacation we drove 8 hrs to Tn. making it there at 1pm. They called me about 2pm saying that the cabin was ready and we could check in before 4pm. So I went by the office to ask questions about the coupons they offered guest. They answered my questions and gave me directions and other info such as door key code, alarm code and internet password. We made it to cabin no problem. However the door code was not working. So I called the office and they said I have to press # first then the numbers. Question...why didn't they have that on the info they gave me. Ok finally we are in the cabin called Poolish Behavior. Nice cabin but maintenance needs to dust more. The kids were so excited about the pool but when we saw it it was half covered and half full of water. In the game area one of the games did not work and another one did not work properly. The pool table covering or want ever its called is old and needs to be replaced. The toilets in the bedrooms on the game room level backed up at times but didnt over flow thank God and at times the hot water ran out. I called maintenance shortly after entering the cabin about the pool and games at about a little before 4pm. They said they would send someone. Over an hour later I called and the rep said maintenance is gone for the day. They will come out the next day. So they came about 2 pm and said the pool is broken and they couldn't fix it. So I called the office to complain because that is the main reason we rented the cabin. Management offer us passes to go to another indoor pool that we would have to drive to. We were not interested in that offer to compensate us for the inconvenient. So I asked for additional passes to Wonder works. They agreed and said I could pick that up at Wonder works. Great at this point I'm satisfied. Well after the first night the hot tub no longer got hot. So I called for maintenance again and they came the next day and fixed it. Later the same day after returning to the cabin after a long day hiking and hanging out in Pigeon Forge we returned to our cabin about 10:30pm and could not get in. The code was not working. I called the office and Ashley said she didn't know why our code wasn't working any more. Because we wasn't checking out until the next day. So she gave me a different code and said it is only good for that night and that we need to hold the door open with something as we load our cars with our luggage on the next day. Because if we close it we will be locked out again. Checked out at 11am while men in a white truck waited on us. They said they were going in the cabin to do some work. We left drove 8 hrs back home. The next day I received a call from Eden Crest saying they are charging us $600.00 for the cover the goes on the
Jacuzzi. Richard said he already deducted $200.00 from our credit card but could not get the additional $400.00. He said because the cover was not put back on properly it blew off went down the mountain and was destroyed. I told him that was crazy and we did put the cover back on properly. I asked him to send me pictures and he said he would go to the property and check it out and that he would call me back. It was about 3:30pm. After not hearing from him I called back and was told he was not in and wouldn't be back until the next day and he would have to be the one to help me with my problem. The next morning I called and was told Richard wouldn't be in until after 2pm. I left a message for him to call me. As of now (3/14/14) 3pm I have not heard from Eden Crest. I contact my credit card company to tell them what happen and they tried to call Eden Crest but Richard was not available. So they told me that the charge is still pending but after it come through as a charge I could than disrupt it. I will never ever rent through Eden Crest again.

TeNPole21
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Far from great...”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

This was our second stay at an Eden Crest property and unfortunately it will be our last. Here's our details:

Group
- 9 adults ages 28 - 67
- 6 children ages 2 mo. - 5 yrs.

Pros
- Good size cabin, plenty of room for large groups
- Gorgeous views!
- Quiet (at least at this time of year)**
- Maintenance was fairly quick to respond to issues

Cons
- Upon arrival there were maintenance men in the cabin. We did not know they were here until we stumbled upon them in the pool room. They indicated they had fixed the pool heater and it should be ready in a couple hours. The pool ended up taking about 24 hours to heat up. Not fun telling children they can't swim after you've told them the whole way down that's what we're doing when we get there.
- The pool is VERY small. For a cabin that holds up to 40 people it's appalling how small the pool is. We stayed at Splashing Bear Lodge the first time we went and the pool is much larger there. The pool area is also very dirty and the furniture is terrible. One of the chairs was broken and when I went to sit down I almost fell over. If it had been my mother she most certainly would have been injured.
- Soon after arrival we noticed that there was no power in the main living room. It took maintenance 24 hours to fix this. They did arrive promptly after calling in the issue, but it took a while to figure out the issue. My biggest issue with this is that the maintenance person told us "frat guys come in and spill beer all over" referring to outlets that had to be replaced. Disgusting...
- The oven did not work. Again, maintenance fixed but they had to order a part so the groceries we purchased and meal we planned for the second night turned into a cost to go out for dinner.
- Bugs. Roaches, dead flies, we found plenty.
- The pool table is in terrible shape.
- The foosball table is in terrible shape.
- The furniture is uncomfortable and worn. Somewhat expected for a rental, but it should be replaced.
- Bedroom/bathroom next to laundry room smells like a toilet. Called maintenance, they fixed, then we ran washer and it smelled again.
- Overall the cabin was just dirty. I know it's a rental, but it was too dirty for our group. Admittedly we did not report this as an issue, but beware.
- Microwave needs to be replaced. It's missing a trim piece and the keypad is loose and like someone pushed it in.
- Various remotes did not work or did not even have batteries.
- On the last day, the power went out in 2 of the bedrooms and the laundry room.

Overall we had a great time, but it was not because of the cabin. Our family will have a great time anywhere, but I feel there are MUCH better options out there. Some of the cons listed are definitely nit picky, but they all added up. I did not enjoy having to speak with Eden Crest the number of times I did.

Finally, I did report many of these issues and Eden Crest was friendly in dealing with me, no problems there. They offered 2 additional passes to attractions above their normal 1 pass per night, but to me that was not enough and we did not use them because the attractions did not fit into out plan.

Overall I would expect a rental company to perform some sort of inspection prior to a guest's arrival to ensure everything is in order. I have no clue what their process is, but it is not adequate.

**The last night we were there another party arrived at the cabin next to ours. You could hear everything they said when they were on their balcony and we were trying to sleep. Had they arrived earlier in the week we would have had major issues.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: The pool
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway
26 Nov 2013
First of all, I want to apologize for any issues you encountered during your stay with us. We take every guest stay very seriously and I am very sorry you did not enjoy your time in this cabin. I want to address each concern you raised as follows:

1. Power was out in the living room. This was addressed the same day you called it in and it was a floor plug that was bad causing the shortage. We fixed it that day.

2. You felt the pool was not warm enough. We visited the cabin and checked the temperature of the pool which was the correct temperature setting for this time of year. I believe you felt the pool should have been warmer but the setting of 87 degrees is ample and should have been warm enough for your enjoyment.

3. You complained that the lower level had a sewage smell. Again we responded the same day and actually met one of the guests staying in your party with you. They visited the area with us that you were complaining about and agreed with us that they could not smell any odor. We sprayed the area with a deodorizer.

4. You complained that the toilet paper holder was off the wall. It actually was not off the wall but rather was loose. We installed a new screw to tighten it up.

5. Pool table felt was ripped. Yes, it is and we have an order placed to have the felt replaced. The cabin has been heavily occupied and it was impossible to arrange for the table to be re-felted quickly due to it being occupied.

6. Broken chair in the pool area – this was something that should have been removed before your stay and I apologize for the oversight on our part. It has been removed.

7. Foosball table was missing parts. We have parts on order and it has just taken a while to get them in so we could replace them. This issue has been resolved. The cabin is full of games and I am sorry you missed out on the Foosball game but as you will remember we attempted to compensate you for this game not working.

8. You complained that the cabin was not cleaned yet for all of the contact you had with us you did not mention this. I assure you had you told us you felt it was not clean to your standards we would have gladly sent the cleaning crew back to make any adjustments you felt necessary. In no way do we condone a dirty cabin and actually we take great pride in our cleaning standards.

We inspect each and every cabin before occupancy and have a very detailed and strict inspection process. We were aware of the felt and Foosball issue but also knew that both of these were beyond our immediate control. We did offer you compensation which you refused and I want you to know that I would be more than happy to extend additional compensation to you should you choose to visit with us again.

I would encourage you to let us know if you ever find your home not up to your cleaning standards and we will quickly make it right with you. I feel that we did everything we could to respond not only timely but completely to any problems you had. We take great care to treat our guests with the utmost in integrity as we live by the motto of treating others as we would want to be treated. I hope you will reconsider and give us another try. We really are a great company and we really do value you as a guest.

Travellers are raving about these Sevierville hotels

GA
Reviewed 18 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
18 Oct 2013
First of all, thank you for choosing Eden Crest Vacation Rentals. We appreciate your feedback and want to take this opportunity to respond. In checking our system we cannot find where a complaint of any kind was lodged with us during your stay. This is a beautiful home and the owners have taken great care to stock it with all kinds of amenities to make every stay wonderful but we cannot fix issues if we do not know about them. It sounds like the home is in need of a deep clean and we will address this with the owners. The bug problem will also be taken care of. Many groups come to stay in this cabin and we have not had complaints of roaches or cleanliness but we will certainly address that promptly. ANY cleaning issue would have been also promptly addressed had you made us aware of it during your stay. We care deeply that you have a wonderful experience and if at any time there are issues we are anxious to address them. I apologize for any concerns addressed here but I also would encourage you to consider alerting us to give us a chance to rectify any problems with you during your stay and not after you have departed. Again, thank you for the heads up on the problems and rest assured they will be taken care of. We hope to see you again soon in this most beautiful part of the world.
AAHolcomb...
Ohio
“Fantastic Cabin for a large group”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We stayed at Poolish Behavior July 21-27 and we had a great vacation. There were 21 people in our group and we had more than adequate space for everyone and never felt like we were right on top of one another. The age of our group ranged from 1-70 and this spot was perfect for everyone. The location is great and the view was spectacular.

Pros - The pool was a big hit for the little kids. It's nothing huge but was sufficient for what we needed.

Bedrooms - HUGE and can accommodate a ton of people. The beds are nice. The middle and high school kids stayed all together in the Queen Bunk room which was perfect.

Bathrooms - Each bedroom has a bathroom which is nice for privacy and convenience

Large dining room to accommodate everyone

Plenty of Parking

Game room - great space for the kids

Balconies on each level. Nice if you wanted to get away and enjoy the view.

Maintenance responded immediately to a couple of issues we had. Nice service.

3 out of 4 levels were cleaned immaculately.

Cons -

After a 7 hour drive we arrived at 3:30 and we couldn't check in until 4. Therefore, we had to sit around for 30 mins when everyone was excited and ready to start the vacation. I understand check-in is at 4 but nobody had rented the cabin the day before us so it would seem that it could have been ready by 3:30.

There isn't a lot of insulation so the noise level carries from floor to floor. The steps were pretty creeky but this didn't really bother us.

Pro/con -There was an alarm to the pool area which is nice from a safety perspective but the con is that it went off on the main level anytime someone went in or out of that room. With young kids, they ran in and out all of the time and there was no way to turn it off.

Water turned off. Due to construction of another cabin, a pipe was damaged and we were without water for 1/2 day. However, maintenance responded immediately and worked to solve the problem as quickly as possible.

Not an on-site community outdoor pool near the cabin allotment. They promote this as a part of the cabin but you actually have to drive a few miles to get there. While access is free to this other pool, it is not on-site.

The lower level pool area furniture is not comfortable and doesn't appear that it gets the cleaning as the other levels. There were spider webs all around the legs of the chairs and tables. It would be nice if you could relax down there in comfort while the kids swim.

Overall, we had a great time at this cabin and would definitely return. The cons were more nuances than anything. The Pros definitely out weigh the cons.

Liked best: Pretty much everything
Liked least: No on-site outdoor pool
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
IL
Reviewed 19 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
19 Oct 2011
This cabin was sold in early 2012. The new owners have completely refurbished this magnificent property and you will find it to be in excellent condition and equipped with everything you could need for a wonderful vacation home. The furniture, mattresses and games have been replaced and the cabin is chock full of everything new. The new owners have added a hot tub on the deck and it is awesome if you are interested in doing some star watching at night while soaking in all of the bubbles. You won’t be disappointed in the condition of this cabin any more. Nothing has been spared to bring this beautiful home in tip top shape. I invite you to give it a try. Thank you for choosing Eden Crest Vacation Rentals.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing