“Wonderful place”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Leeds, Alabama
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This place was very well kept, clean and organized. The check in and out processes were done quickly. We chose to forgo maid service, and when we asked for additional towels there was no problem there. The breakfast lady (I can NOT remember her name) was very nice and those eggs were delicious!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Fdl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Leaving a message for information will result in no response. I guess business is so good that they do not need anymore. A simple call is all it takes. But not in this case. Nancy could have least called and spoken with us. Common courtesy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I really felt this was good value for the money. I chose to stay there because I was traveling with my two young grandchildren that the hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool with other cascading water features. We spent most of our time in or by the pools and I think that both are heated. The view from our room was peaceful with horses grazing in the adjoining pasture. The room was clean with crisply made beds and lots of clean towels. My negative would be that when the AC kicked on, the compressor was very loud and woke me and one of the children during the night. We were on a ground floor so that may not be an issue on other levels. The food on the breakfast bar was good. My only comment would be that the location and layout of the serving area is very small and uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have been visiting my daughter there in Sevierville for the past 3 yrs. I have stayed at various locations. My little granddaughters love to stay in condos or hotel rooms while I visit. The room had a nice rustic look and feel to it. Like a cabin up in the mountains, with a nice fire place! And the view of the horses was breathtaking! The indoor pool was a blessing because it was still a little chilly for swimming outdoors. The breaksfast was good. The staff was nice and the hotel was clean. Since my little grandkids love to "vacation" with me while I am there, the hotel was located perfectly near the attractions we visited. Oak Tree Lodge is perfect for me and I will be going back in July!

Room Tip: Perfect location!
3 Thank rafaelav8
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here with one other adult and three children. The room was great two beds and a pull out couch. There was a fridge and microwave. There is an indoor pool and an outdoor pool, both in good condition. Everybody was super friendly and everything was clean. Great stay

1 Thank suzy j
Liberty,NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here at the beginning of April. I thought the room itself was okay, the rustic theme was real cute and we had no problems with cleanliness the entire stay. Seeing the horses from our balcony was nice and it was actually quiet in the room which is amazing considering we were right in the middle of a busy section of town. The employees here were all very friendly as well. The breakfast was good for a free breakfast, I had two small children with me (3 years and 19 months) and they were able to find something to eat. My husband and I enjoyed the waffles, but the kids liked the yogurt, cereal, and oatmeal. The space where they have the breakfast is not the greatest though. We didn't mind walking over to the building. It's the fact that they only have like 10 small tables set up in there. A rush of people would come in and they had nowhere to sit and it got very congested with people. Other problems we had were the drain and the transformer blowing. Our drain was very slow and we were standing ankle deep in water in our tub. We informed front desk and nothing was ever done about it. The second day a transformer blew and the power went out. We had just come back from a long day at Dollywood and it was very hot outside. Our AC didn't work, we couldn't take a shower, the bathroom was all dark, kids couldn't take a nap,etc. We went swimming in the pool to cool off, hoping it would be fixed when we got done. It was not, so we all went to eat looking like a hot mess. Now I know the transformer was not their fault and they did try to get it fixed quickly, but it impacted our stay greatly. We did use the free ticket to the aquarium the next day though. So, if it hadn't been for the little problems I would have given Oak Tree a higher rating, but my family could not forget that hot afternoon we spent in the room.

1 Thank KatieW333
General M, General Manager at Oak Tree Lodge, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad over all, your service and stay was good. I am sorry that you had a miserable afternoon when the transformer went out. It not only affected our hotel but many business and hotelsl in the area. It made for a hot and sticky afternoon for many. We do hope the next time you are in town, you please stop by and stay with us again.

Thank you!
Lanett
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have our annual Ladies Retreat @ this facility every year and they always accommodate us very well every year. The staff goes out of there way to make sure all of our needs are met. The meeting center is across the parking lot and it is large enough to meet our needs. We have a Saturday night banquet in the same building. The food is delicious. We cater in the food. The hotel is located in a GREAT sop across from the Tanger Outlet stores. GREAT for ladies who love to shop. I also enjoyed playing golf at Old McDonalds across from the hotel. So may places to eat within walking distance. Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Joe's Crab Shack, Mexican Food, The Chop House etc... They also have a zip line for the very brave at heart. We will be going back again next year.

Room Tip: Stay on the back with a balcony and have a beautiful view for the mountains and the horses.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends