“Excellent location and spacious rooms”
Review of Oak Tree Lodge

Oak Tree Lodge
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Madisonville, Tennessee, United States
“Excellent location and spacious rooms”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. Plenty of space for me and 2 kids in our double room. Decor was really cute. Overall pretty clean but bathroom counter could have been cleaned better and cobwebs on the lamps. Enjoyed our view of the horses. Breakfast was good. My only real complaint is about the extremely cold water in the kiddie section of the pool. I was very disappointed that my 2 year old and 10 year old refused to play in it. I can't blame them though because it was too cold for me also! Disappointing since that was the reason I booked this hotel. I could have stayed at other nice hotels at a cheaper price and would have if I had known the kiddie pool area would be a waste on my kids.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Carla T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very clean and the staff were friendly. Both pools were clean and very fun. Highly recommend for anyone especially kids. Delicious hot breakfast with plenty of variety. We will be staying here from now on!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and was very happy. Room was clean and decorated really cute! View out window/balcany is of a horse pasture and zip line. Indoor pool nice, but needs to have tile washed. Kids area and outdoor pool looks great. Staff was really nice. Really liked the mattress too!
Diane in the breakfast area was extremely nice and helpful. Accidently made a newbie mess on the waffle cooker, Diane was very nice about the mess. (I was very embarress)
Will stay here again next visit!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Godfrey, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Nice location and great pool but we were told the entire facility had been remodeled recently. Our room had a large water stain on the ceiling, musty smell throughout and cobwebs on the ceiling upon check in. When my daughter walked around in bare feet, her feet turned black from dirt. When we told the front desk about the water stain, they just said it must have been from the people upstairs - acting like no big deal. Also, we were promised one free ticket to four separate attractions. We got one. We loved the Smoky's but will stay somewhere else for sure.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank The3Fishers
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here after a mixup with another hotel and the reservation we thought we had. Luckily, Oak Tree had two rooms available. Our room was a little small for our party of four, and I couldn't help but feel it could have been cleaner (mystery hairs on the shower curtain, for example). Decor could stand updating, but the pool area was great ... the children in our party thoroughly enjoyed the slide and splash areas. Breakfast was free and advertised as "continental," but it was actually more plentiful, with several hot options. Free wifi only worked in the office.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Fairview, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hubby, myself, and 6 kids stayed in connecting rooms and it was wonderful! We had plenty of room, our rooms were cleaned daily, and everyone was friendly. The outdoor pool area is nice and fun for the kids. A good place to relax after you've been out having fun all day! We had pizza delivered from Geno's and if you're staying at this hotel you get another pizza free with your order when you ask for the special. I can't wait to come back!!!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with 2 or more children, a king jacuzzi suite most likely won't be big e...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We travel to Pigeon Forge a few times a year, and saw this hotel at our last visit and thought it looked nice and clean and fun for our July vacation so we booked it. After arriving and getting to our room we realized neither of our keys worked! My husband had to walk all the way back to the front office (our room was almost the furtherest away). We didn't think too much of it that time, until it happened again 2 days later after a long day at Dollywood. Having to walk all the way back that time was a hassle. I informed the guy at the desk that it was our second time having to do this and all he had to say was that it happens a lot. Why don't they figure out how to fix it then. I know its magnetized, but my card had been by itself in the car all day! Other hotels have it figured out, why not this one? The first night there was a female pool attendant working her butt off to keep kids from running and sliding all over each other. She was awesome! But the second and third evening, there was a guy there that could care less! My son ( 3 yrs old) got trampled after sliding and trying to swim away from the slide when a bigger boy slide right on top of him. Another time my husband was there to catch him at the slide and a bigger boy came sliding right after my son and slammed into my husband! He would have slammed into my son again had my husband not pushed him out of the way the last second! That bigger boy slammed so hard into my husband, he hurt his neck and had to go to the chiropractor as soon as we got back home. That guy pool attendant did nothing but sit on his butt! My husband had to fuss at the bigger boys to be careful of the little ones since no one else was going to! That pool is WAY too small for a hotel that size! Also the drink machines don't take dollars, only coins and there was one day housekeeping didn't even make our beds while we were gone. We had to ask for extra towels everyday even though we told them the first time we had a baby and needed extras the whole time. Breakfast is not breakfast! Tiny room where maybe 6 people can fit and the variety is not good. It doesn't stay stocked and on the cereal dispensers it says "Kellogg's fruit loops" yet we saw a lady pouring off brand into it. That would be lying to consumers there! We ended up heading to Krispy Kreme and eating doughnuts out of our room 2 morning because breakfast was so bad! Also the day we checked out, I always check under furniture and in corners for things we may have lost, and there was trash, dirt and dead bugs everywhere! It looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in months! Our socks and feet were black from walking around in the room only for a short time each night! The carpet probably hasn't been washed in months too! Definitely not satisfied with this visit and won't be staying here ever again on our many trips back!

• Stayed July 2014