“Best service from employees I've ever experienced.”

Resort at Governor's Crossing
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cohutta, Georgia
“Best service from employees I've ever experienced.”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Great place to stay. Veronica, Misty and Rusty at the front desk were so friendly and
helpful. My stay was great. Excellent rooms. Good price. Will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Louisville KY
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I have stayed at The Resort nine times in the last 4-5 years. It is a fantastic facility -- large, clean condos with full kitchens and washers/dryers. The beds are very comfortable and I get a good night's sleep whenever I stay at The Resort. The indoor and outdoor pool areas are wonderful -- my grandkids love the slides. And I can't say enough good things about the lovely ladies who work at the front desk. You will get courteous, attentive service. This is the ONLY place I will stay at when I visit Sevierville and the Smokies.

Room Tip: Ask for a condo on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KayleighLouisvilleKY
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I was a little apprehensive about staying here, relying only on reviews from this website. However, I was happy to find that the hotel exceeded my expectations and I will definitely be back in the future.

Excellent indoor and outdoor water areas! My kids had a terrific time.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Swede118
Georgia
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Nice condos. Nice water activities. Great location.

Some things to improve: need non-stick cookware that includes a frying pan, sponge or brush to clean dishes, latch or chain on door to prevent toddlers from opening door.

• Stayed April 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 1 April 2011

This was a good place to stay for two nights during a slower week. Indoor water park is a nice way for kids to spend time, but it's small so we wouldn't recommend it during very busy times. Some things we really enjoyed: washer and dryer in the room, kitchen to make some food in the room, and a separate bedroom for some privacy from the kids. Walls are thin, so I wore earplugs to bed. Overall clean.

• Stayed March 2011
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 March 2011

we have stayed here several times but after the last time I 'm still not sure if I want to go back. The water park is great for kids - even teens. I love the lazy river & hot tub. However, every visit the amount of parental supervision is less & less. For example, I love the lazy river & hot tub but they are usually full of swimming children with no parents in sight. Don't get me wrong, this is a family place & I expect children but I expect parents TOO! They really should have a life guard - especially after the addition of that chained down "thing" in the outdoor pool last year that all the kids climb on & jump from. We witness several injuries on just the first day there. And, again, no parents around or parents with beer covered tables (can covers don't really hide it that well), sleeping in lounge chairs as children do as they please.
I've always loved the rooms. They are always clean & well cared for. First time we stayed the air conditioner didn't work & maintenance was there within minutes of our call to take care of it. The last 2 visits we had problems with the toilets & were told we would have to come over to the office & get a plunger because the person on the phone was there alone & couldn't leave the desk!
But my biggest complaint last time was that we wanted to arrive a day early to out pool view room (which we always have) so they told us they would put us in a back "fireplace" room the first night & move us to the room we reserved the next day. When we reminded them I needed a handicapped room they replied that "ALL rooms are handicapped".
Well, when we got there - the kitchen was nothing like we were use to in out previous stays. For example - the silverware was in a tray on top the fridge - where I can't even reach it from my wheelchair. But, I didn't say a word because it was only supposed to be for one night. WRONG! They never moved us the next day. We packed everything up & called the office to find out when & where we were moving. NOW, they say they couldn't move us. Rooms are "assigned" in the morning & they had none left out front. Well, what happened to the one we reserved out front? We were stuck in that room for the entire stay.
All rooms are handicapped rooms - MY FOOT! Have you ever been in a wheelchair & had a hotel fire alarm go off? I have TWICE! That's why MOST hotels don't even put wheelchairs above the second floor. I was stuck on the TOP floor all week! 84 degrees in the hallways when we got off the elevator (the heat just BEAT on the roof all day). Balcony facing pitch blackness with no way for air to circulate back there. It was suffocating.
I honestly thought I would calm down about this by now but it is time to look for a place to stay for our June trip down to TN. (we usually visit 2 -3 rimes a year & June has been here for several years). I was so upset constantly having to depend on other people to help me in that kitchen, being expected to come to the office not once BUT twice because there was only 1 person on staff at night. It just seems like each visit is less relaxing. O just don't know. I want the OLD place back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
THeResort, Internet marketing at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, 30 March 2011
Thank you commenting on your visit in June of last year, as we take all guest feedback seriously. Parental guidance at all areas of our property, especially the pools is imperative. We want no one person or child infringing on the enjoyment of another guest. Providing a clean, safe, and friendly environment for all our guest is our main concern at The Resort.
We do try to honor requests for specific rooms and locations but this is not always possible; location is determined by the availability upon the day of check in. With the many different unit types at The Resort unit location can be very limited.
Guest service is important to us here at The Resort and we will continue to strive to improve.
Elizabethton, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Tried to check in at 4 but room was not ready did not know when would be ready..finally got room at 4:30...pool attendants were very rude and apparently did not like their jobs or kids..beds were hard...indoor water park was very small for the amount of people that stay there..my kids asked me to stay at another hotel next time...overpriced

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank jengirl82002
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. Check in time begins at 4PM at The Resort. Although it is not guaranteed, we make every effort to be able to check guests in at that time. Many times we are even able to allow guests to check in early. Our main concern is to provide guests with clean, comfortable and safe rooms for their enjoyment. If we do have a delay at check in we make every attempt to make the guest comfortable and expedite the process. In your case I do apologize for the 30 minute delay. Providing clean rooms and guest service is always our main goal at The Resort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Clarion Inn Willow River
#9 of 91 in Pigeon Forge
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 91 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Resort at Governor's Crossing? Share your experiences!