“Awesome Place @ Great Location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Resort at Governor's Crossing

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Awesome Place @ Great Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was by far the cleanest and nicest place we have ever stayed in the Pigeon Forge area. Price, was reasonable and our 3 year old thoroughly enjoyed the indoor water park. Rooms were super clean and all the staff was super courteous. Room has a full kitchen and washer & dryer. Conveinient to the tanger outlets as well as walmart. Will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. The clean rooms and friendly service really keep our guests coming back year after year and our central location is definitely helpful if you want to incorporate shopping into your vacation. Hopefully your three year old loved our miniature putt putt golf course as much as the indoor pool. We look forward to your next stay with us here at The Resort at Governors Crossing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great location just north of Pigeon Forge traffic & located on access road that leads to Dollywood. Super nice staff. Quiet rooms(& place was at capacity while we were there).
Pools & slides were a huge hit with my 3 kids ages 7-15. Loved that it stayed open until 11 pm.
Room decor & bathrooms could use a little updating, but overall a great 3 night vacation for our family

• 5 of 5 bubbles
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at The Resort. I am glad to hear that our friendly staff and quiet rooms were able to make your stay more enjoyable. Our indoor water park is usually a huge hit with kids of all ages and the slides are just an added bonus. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again very soon!
Madison, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked this room by bidding on a site for only a few hotels and resorts in the smoky mountains. We got it for lower than what the hotel wanted us to pay. By doing so, we saved some money, and found that we really got a good deal. The rooms are not as nice as the Wyndham resort, which is just above it, but we really liked the place. We had a pull out couch for the kids, and we had two queen beds in the main bed room. We had a full kitchen. The hotel has two indoor water slides and a small kids splash park, which my kids loved. Outside it had a lazy river, and a pool with a nice water slide. All heated. We also played a game of mini golf there. That left a lot to be desired, but we had fun. The place was clean, comfortable, and a good value. We even got a free admission for one person to the Ripley's Aquarium for our stay, which was great because we had planned on going there anyway. As an added bonus, we had a washer/dryer in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that the room size and layout worked well for your family and that the kids enjoyed the water park and putt putt golf course. I am glad that you took advantage of our Resort VIP Voucher to help you save some money at The Ripley’s Aquarium. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon!
Clyde, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

My family and I stay in the Pigeon Forge area regularly, and my children love anything to do with water and swimming. After a full day of play and a late dinner, we went to bed only to find the bedroom was infested with stink bugs! A nice young gentleman arrived to vaccum them up, noting for us not to kill them because the stink would linger. After he left, we had to call him back only moments later because so many more were back on the walls. After his second visit and finally getting my children settled back down, I woke up to a stink bug flying in my hair! That of course woke us all up again....we finally got a nap with four of us trying to lay on the couch bed in the living room...where there were no bugs. The management decided that, due to our inconvenience, they would take a huge $20 off of our stay! We left exhausted and disgusted.

Room Tip: From what I was told, the rooms facing the woods have more bugs than poolside.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura E
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed for a visit to Dollywood 10/12-14. Positive: Room has a lot of space, including full kitchen facility, washer/dryer, separate living area, 2 balconies. Very close to Dollywood. Negative: Upon entering, hit in the face with smell of old burnt bacon. It stayed the entire visit. Kitchen needed scouring. Room showed some age, dirty spots on walls. Our view was of the parking lot and abandoned cirque facility. Pools were okay, but on the second evening, we couldn't sit at the outside pool as it smelled like landfill. Also, fitness room needs help. 4 pieces of equipment that were shabby, no fans and no antiseptic wipes to clean off equipment. All in all, liked the space, but would stay at Wilderness Lodge down the street next time.

Room Tip: Be sure you aren't overlooking the closed businesses!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that our spacious rooms with fully equipped kitchens were suitable for you and your family, and that our central location pleased you. We will take the time to review our current cleaning procedures with our housekeeping staff. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction so we are displeased to learn that your stay was anything less than perfect. We do hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My family's safety was placed at great risk by the staff at this resort. I checked into my room at app. 9:30PM for a one night stay at a rate of $140.00. I immediately brought our luggage in and dressed my children for the pool (trying to allow them playtime before it closed). They were super excited about the indoor waterpark but once we returned is when things got bad. Within 1 hour and 30 minutes, another family had been checked into the room I had already paid for. When I returned from the pool and attempted to open our door it was shut back in my face, I immediately feared the worst that we were being robbed or something. I then reopened the door and found people lying in our beds. It was very obvious my 3 children's belongings were scattered throughout the room and why would these people enter a room knowing this was not their stuff??? Anyway, got them out of the room and immediately called the front desk. I had to request a new room as I was not offered one and my children were not sleeping in beds that I just found strangers lying in. I was required to tell staff this numerous times as I kept being asked "do you want to just stay in the room". By this time it is midnight, my 2 y/o child is screaming and I'm having to repack all of our things and report to the front desk as I was now asked to come there to get a new room. We were initially in the back building and I was required to go get my vehicle, pack it and my children to the front desk building. I am given a new room key by staff and told sorry once I arrive. I asked for a refund for my nights stay based on what I had just experienced, one being me and my children were just scared to death thinking we were being robbed, two what if the people in my room had stolen our things (luckily they did not) and three I had to repack my belongings and my children at midnight bc of their careless mistake. I was denied a refund and after 3 conversations with front desk staff, the manager (Jackie) finally decided to speak to me directly. I was offered 20% off and told all the units were privately and individually owned and no refunds were ever issued. I was further told there was another manager I could speak with the following day and they would tell me the same thing and further there was no owner of the resort that "again the units are all privately owned". It was then explained to me by the manager my new room issued was an upgrade from the other room and she would consider giving me 40% off which would bring my total to 79 dollars and some odd cents. Needless to say, the offer in my opinion was an embarrassment to the resort considering what me and my family had just experienced. I gladly traveled through Pigeon Forge at midnight and found a safe place for my children and I to stay with a reassurance no one would come in on us. Luckily the resort did refund what I paid, but never was I offered a sincere apology or reimbursement for my experience/troubles. I do not recommend staying at this resort, ever! Safety is much more important for my family.

7 Thank Zigzag469
Chatsworth, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay.
The condo was perfect size and had all the amenities we needed. This is our new favorite place to stay while in the smokies. We take family trips at least twice a year to the smokies and this will be our all time favorite place to stay we have stayed at many and this one beat them all.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We love to hear from our guests about their experiences here at The Resort! Our large condos with all of the comforts of home are a great lodging choice any time you are in the Smoky Mountains area. We are glad to become your home away from home any time you are in the area and we cannot wait until your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Clarion Inn Willow River
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#3 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,010 reviews

Been to Resort at Governor's Crossing? Share your experiences!