“Great Time:)” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Huntington, West Virginia
“Great Time:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We so enjoyed our stay at The Resort! We came to celebrate our anniversary. The rooms are nice. We love having a kitchen and a washer/dryer. But the thing we enjoyed most was the waterpark! Our kids had a blast. The pool attendant Tiffany Elkins was AMAZING. She was so helpful and very personable to everyone, a definite asset to The Resort. Would highly recommend staying here. We will definitely be back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
THeResort, Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review you stay at The Resort at Governors Crossing. We are very happy to hear that you choose The Resort to celebrate your anniversary. We are very excited that you and your family enjoyed the room as well as our indoor Water Park. We will be sure to pass on the great compliment on one of our pool attendants Tiffany. She will be thrilled for the kind words. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

When my husband and I were looking for a quick getaway for us and our 6 year old (who wanted to swim in the dead of winter), we decided to check out The Resort. I had never heard of it before but from the pictures and a few of the reviews, it peaked my interest. The price of our room was about the same/less than we would have paid at another chain we typically frequent. When we arrived, everyone was so nice. The room was a little dated, but very clean and had a full size kitchen, king bed, and living space. This was perfect for our little family. The first day, we went to the indoor water park, which is our first reason for choosing this establishment. It was perfect--not too big and not too small. I think my hubby and daughter went down the slides 50 times!
While we were there, we started talking with Tiffany E. She was SOOO helpful and told us a few places we could go to have dinner and why she would choose those places. She also showed me where the sauna was. She went above and beyond what we were expecting.
During checkout, Sally was so incredibly nice and efficient.
Seriously, this place was perfect for the money and the service was worth every penny. We will be returning on our next trip to the mountains!

1 Thank Katie N
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at The Resort at Governors Crossing. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay as well as the indoor Water Park. Sally and Tiffany will be very happy for the kind words said about them and we are very glad they were able to assist you during your visit here. We are also currently working on a few upgrades to the rooms as well. Such as new carpet which will be installed by the end of March. Thank you again and we hope you come back soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Sally u r the best !!! Very friendly very cold outside... But warm on the inside, /Sally greeted us every time my daughter loves her!!! We will be back for my daughter birthday! Clean rooms is a plus keep up the good work!!!#indoorwaterpark!!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chauncy A
Thank you very much for taking the time to review you stay at The Resort at Governors Crossing. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and Sally will be thrilled for the kind words left about her. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I did not choose this hotel or research it before arriving, I was directed here along a group I was traveling with. For the price, over $100/night for a single king room, I was expecting something comparable to a national chain. What I got was an old dingy dated room that in the light of day was dirty and unacceptable. This place is typical of the local roadside motels common 20-30 years ago. The full kitchen was clean appearing, although I did not use it; the available dishes and utensils were sparse at best, and I can't imagine relying on this to cook a meal in. The bathroom was fairly clean but also very outdated, they don't even give you both shampoo and conditioner, only an "all in one" small bottle. The bed area was filled with old furniture and bad fluorescent lighting, the upholstered chairs and carpeting were visibly stained and worn. The bed was without blanket of any kind, and there were none in the closet and the front desk was out. Fortunately the heat worked just fine. There were dust bunnies in the corners and along the baseboards, and a dead bug permanently smeared into the wall where it was smushed. The only mirror is in the bathroom, and the TV operates on a satellite making flipping channels slow and frustrating and there is no channel guide. There is no on site restaurant of any kind, so no breakfast options without driving somewhere. I imagine that this is a great place to stay if you go for the water park and pools on site. I did not visit those so can't comment. The staff was nice enough, and I was not questioned or charged for my second night when I checked out early. I know I listed a lot of complaints here and may sound really picky, but for the listed prices this place is just not up to par and is in need of deep cleaning and updating.

Harlan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We wanted a relaxing trip to the area, no crowds, no pressure. We chose a one bedroom in this resort. Upon arrival, our room was ready and all of the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We were on the top floor, which always concerns me due to my 2 small children. I inspected the balcony doors and found that there were extra locks higher up on the interior so my kids would be safe!! BIG PLUS!! We also found the kitchen to be in perfect order. Spotless appliances, cookware, dishes and utensils. Made our stay much more relaxing to be able to cook in room and not worry about getting out to catch a meal. There was plenty of space for the five of us..pac n play, stroller, toys. It was great. Beds were super comfy and clean as well. The waterpark was also wonderful. There was plenty to do for our teen, 5yr old, and baby. Hot tub, water slides, sauna. Of course the outside areas were closed for the season, but the inside more than kept us busy. Minutes from everything in Sevierville & Pigeon Forge. Everything was clean, everyone was nice. Great discount for military service members. Much cheaper and less crowded than the resort a few miles away. However, don't let the term arcade fool you....there were a couple of outdated video games and a vending machine. But all in all, this place is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. We will be back again!

Room Tip: PH is roomy, second floor close to waterpark. First floor and ground floor are not the same.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay here at The Resort at Governors Crossing. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed the rooms as well as the indoor Water Park. The arcade games are provided to us from an outside source and we are working on getting them to bring some more up to date games, so hopefully on your next trip the game room will be better. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was a very nice place to stay. It is a condo with hotel prices. Great family hotel with a terrific pool and water side. The pool was not crowded when we was they and the people that was there was nice and the kids was able to be kids and have fun without worrying about them getting hurt.
The rooms are big and and clean and the kitchen is handy. The bathroom also was clean.The common areas are nice and clean. The WiFi worked very good.
We will stay there again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for writing a review on your recent stay with us here at The Resort at Governors Crossing. We are very excited to hear how much you enjoyed the rooms and kitchen as well as the indoor Water Park. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future.
Forest City, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have never wrote a review before but I just had to on this one. My wife and I stayed Saturday night (Jan 11) at Governors Crossing. Usually we stay between 38-44 nights a year in Pigeon Forge. I decided not stay at my typical Hilton properties but rather try a new place. THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME STAYING HERE!
Pros: Checkin experience was good. Rooms were large and very well maintained. Bed and pillows slept great! Indoor waterpark is very good for kids.
Now to the Con.....we checked out at 11am. I called back to hotel at 1:00pm to advise Cindy that I had left two expensive coats hanging up in the closest. She informed me she would tell the cleaning lady to get them for me. I called back at 2:00pm and Cindy said housekeeper had not finished cleaning the rooms yet. I asked her to confirm she had them and I will make arrangements to pick them up at later date. I called back at 4:14pm and talked to Cindy and again..."she was still waiting on housekeeping". I called back at 6:30pm and spoke with April who apologized and stated she would locate them and call me back....Never heard from April again. So at 9:05pm I called and spoke with Jennifer. She advised me she checked all 6 lining areas and lost/found but no coats. So on Monday at 9:17am I called Jackie, Manager on Duty and she informed me she would look into it and get back with me....Never heard back from Jackie....Amazing huh? Late Monday I get a call from Garrett, the General Manager, who leaves me a voicemail that "if they show up they will give me a call". So today Wednesday (15th) I finally speak with Garrett and explain to him that if I am 100% sure I left the coats and he knows who cleaned the room then the only conclusion you can draw is the housekeeper stole the coats! I asked him what conclusion did he draw from the situation? No response.... It is sad that people have to resort to stealing other people's property. My advice if you stay here make sure account for everything you take into the room because I can assure you that if you leave it behind you will not see it again and don't expect management to step up and actually be managers......What Governors Crossing lost was not just another customer but rather a chance at securing any of my $9324.00 yearly hotel expense I drop in Pigeon Forge.....Go elsewhere and avoid the hassle!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jcain034
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
We most definitely appreciate your review. First and foremost, let us apologize for the circumstances. We are most assuredly investigating this matter. All property found is to be logged into a Lost and Found data base so that it can be located. Again, we apologize and please know that the corporate office is investigating this matter.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Hampton Inn Sevierville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,006 reviews
Oak Tree Lodge
Oak Tree Lodge
#5 of 20 in Sevierville

Been to Resort at Governor's Crossing? Share your experiences!