“Great For Kids”

Resort at Governor's Crossing
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The front desk staff was accommodating and helpful! Colton helped tremendously with an unforeseen event regarding our reservation. The rooms have kitchenettes and are great if staying for more than a couple days! I would not call this a "water park", but it does have many activities for the kids and is part of the room cost. With stormy weather one day, the indoor water activities were more than enough to entertain my two 10 year olds. Tiffany, pool staff, was very friendly, kept the pool area clean and kept a close watch that kids kept safe following the slide rules. Overall, it was a great place to stay. My family will return and I would recommend to others!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

With how busy everyone’s days are, we are grateful that you took the time to write a review on how pleasant your visit was. “Friendly staff and clean rooms” is the motto we strive for each and every day. I am glad I could help with the event that occurred with your reservation. All of our staff, such as Tiffany and I, try our very hardest to make sure all of our guests are well taken care of. We are also thrilled to hear that your two kids had fun in our indoor pool. Again, thank you for your review and recommendation. We will be looking forward to your return visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here over the weekend and I'm already planning my next trip. Great family atmosphere, very friendly staff. Our inhouse maid, Kayla, was very friendly, clean, and efficient. I was very pleased with our service. I will definitely return.

1  Thank famwife23

We are happy to hear that your stay was very pleasant. Our family atmosphere and friendly staff are everything we strive for as well as our presentation of clean rooms. It is great to hear that Kayla did her best at providing excellent service to you during your stay. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing here at The Resort and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Our family of four stayed here for my daughters springbreak choice. We decided to get a hotel with an indoor waterpark incase we got rained in. The check in was outstanding. Attendants were very friendly and informational about the different attractions in the area. The rooms I don't feel get the attention they need for the price you pay to stay. They seem very cheaply maintained. The faucets were about to come out of the wall in the shower. The bathroom floor needed way more attention especially the grout. I had to have my sheets changed upon arrival. They didn't appear to be changed at all from the last guest. The quality of the beds/pillows/blankets/sheets horrible. The refrigerator was not cleaned (food inside). We did get to visit the pool on the second night and the chlorine smell was overbearing. There were no towels. No pool attendants. The big pool was crowded with a volleyball game so our only option was the baby pool that the bigger kids would come running through every 2 minutes. I had to pick my two year old up twice from being knocked in the water by older kids that had no business in the kiddie pool. No one around to get on them. we didn't visit the pool area again during our stay. I was very disappointed for the price you pay to stay that there is no kind of breakfast offered which I did know when booking but thought the indoor waterpark/room would make up for it (not so much). I don't think that we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you so much for your comments as all comments help us to see what can be done to make every guest's experience more enjoyable. We always want to exceed our guests expectations. We are so sorry that we were not able to do that in your case. We are investigating your concerns and addressing them in our meetings with each hotel division involved so that we can prevent this from happening again. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and reveal that this is not the norm for us. We certainly want every guest to go away with lasting memories of the wonderful time they had on property and with the different pools, slides, and games that the Resort has to offer. Thanks again!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Everything was great. Clean rooms and all. I did discover that I left a pair of jeans and a shirt there. I called and "no one turned them in". Disappointed they were not "found". Other than that, a great place.

Room Tip: Love that we had a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We would like to take the opportunity to apologize for the lost items that were not found. Our staff works diligently to properly label and document lost and found items. We are very pleased that your stay was enjoyable and that you found your accommodations to be clean and presentable. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My family of 3 adults and 3 children stayed for two nights. Check in went smoothly. Turned down my bedding to retire for the evening and found dirty sheets. Changed the bedding myself and went to speak with the manager. She apologized but did nothing further.
There were many issues with the key cards where I had to walk from the back building to the front desk to get new keys 3 times. Also, there were three interruptions (one at 9:30pm after I had just gotten the kids down for the night ) with maintenance men working on our locks.
Indoor pool area was mediocre. I wouldn't call it a water park. Water was murky and pool area is in need of update. Outdoor pool seems to be really nice but weather was too cold to use. My 3 year old son loved the pirate ship playground.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Hiney21

Thank you so much for your comments. It is a great teaching tool for us so that we can rectify any mistakes that we have made and do a better job in the future. We had a malfunction with our key card system and had to re-program some of our doors. Please know that it has been fixed. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience that the keys caused to you. We apologize that you did not enjoy our many water activities such as the 20 person Jacuzzi, two high speed slides, zero entry "kiddie" pool with water features, infant splash area with "kiddie" slide, large activity pool with Badu swim jets system, and outdoors we have the lazy river, a kiddie pool with a water mushroom, and fountain, a large outdoor pool with a lumber-jack log roll, and a huge sunning deck to name just a few of the attractions. We apologize also for the fact that you were unhappy with the pool features as we hoped that we had enough activities so that everyone could have a good time.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Our family if six stayed here and we loved it. The prices were very affordable for families. The room was spacious and clean. The cleaning ladies were helpful in making sure we had everything needed. The kitchen was nicely stocked. A pizza cutter may have been helpful though.
The kids loved the indoor pool and waterslides.
We have no complaints about this resort at all. We are planning our next trip already.

• Stayed: March 2014
THeResort, Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

We thank you for your wonderful review regarding your stay at The Resort. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of our spacious suites. Our staff takes great pride in preparing all the rooms to be as clean and comfortable as possible. Our kitchens do come with most cook wear and utensils for our guests, and at anytime there is something a guest may need, our front desk is always just a call away. We are also pleased to hear how enjoyable our indoor pool was for your kids. As always, we thank for your visit and cannot wait for your next visit!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

tiffany at the pool is a cutie but she does her job and I would definately come back to stay here again. I hope its not taken the wrong way. The rooms were amazing and the pools the first night were a little bit chlorinated a lot of chlorine smell but the second night was amazing and we actually stayed over a night because of how great our stay was and how great the pool attendants were but out of all of the pool attendants we met by far tiffany was the best.

• Stayed: March 2014

It is great to hear how amazing your stay was at our hotel. We always enjoy having our staff, such as Tiffany, noticed for all the hard work they do. As always, we thank for your review on The Resort and look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Clarion Inn Willow River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 92 in Pigeon Forge
Baymont Inn & Suites Sevierville Pigeon Forge
Quality Inn & Suites River Suites

Been to Resort at Governor's Crossing? Share your experiences!