“Great place!”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome to The Lodge at Douglas Lake. The parking lot will hold 30-40 vehicles
Swimming and fishing are great in our little cove just off the main channel. Dock has swim ladder We keep the inside and outside of the lodge meticulously maintained to welcome our guests
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Welcome to The Lodge at Douglas Lake. The parking lot will hold 30-40 vehicles
Bring your boat or rent one from the local marina just around the bend
Bring your boat or rent one from a local marina
Take a sunset cruise and admire the lake and mountain views on Douglas Lake
Relax in the hot tub and admire the mountain views and blooming trees
Hang your coat and hat in the beautiful entry foyer. We also provide carts to make unloading easier
Watch the game or relax in front of the wood-burning fireplace with family and friends
Cook for the entire crowd in our fully-stocked commercial kitchen.
The 1200 sq ft dining room easily transforms into a meeting hall or quilting/scrapbooking workroom.
Sleep the night away in the king log bed in the upstairs master bedroom w private attached bath
Play pool or watch tv in the downstairs Den w 2 couches, wood-burning fireplace, and snack station
Mama, Papa, Baby Bear Bedroom w King, Queen, and XL Twin beds, tv, w attached bath
The Flower Room w queen and xl twin beds covered by handmade quilts
Pine cone bedroom w queen bed and rocker/recliner
All the kids love the Boat Room w two queens and one xl twin beds, and futon
The Pink Bedroom w king, queen, and xl twin beds, tv, loveseat, and private attached bath
The lodge boasts 5 1/2 large bathrooms, four downstairs and 1 1/2 upstairs
The Deer Room w queen and xl twin beds, very cozy
The leaf bedroom w queen bed covered by handmade quilt, the most private bedroom (end of hall)
Eat dinner on the deck or just sit and enjoy the gentle lake breezes
The dining room also makes a great small wedding chapel (wedding fee applies) or reception area
We provide tables, chairs, cut station, iron boards/irons, and extra outlets for our quilters
There's plenty of room to play basketball or put up a volleyball net. We also have a fire pit
View of the lodge from the back (lake) side
Lower outside deck just above the dock and lake
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Elizabeth...
“Great place!”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in October 2016

What a peaceful ,wonderful place for a retreat, reunion etc. The lodge is very nice, clean and has everything that you need. Great owners! Beautiful place to stay! Very homey! I've been to 4 retreats there and can't wait to go back@

28 Jun 2017
Liz, we are looking forward to your return in Sept for our next quilting retreat. Thank you for noticing our efforts to keep it clean and homey. We want people to feel comfy and relaxed.
Stay56288...
“Fantastic place for a quilt retreat”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The large room with lots of light was great for sewing .the large kitchen with everything you needed allowed us to cook our own meals and enjoy them on the wrap around deck.Wonderful trails to go for a walk.Great quilt stores nearby.

28 Jun 2017
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the lodge. We look cooking for our retreat guests in the big kitchen. I hope you will come again.
Diana B
“Quilt Retreat Time Again”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in March 2017

The lodge is large, clean and accommodating. I have been there for several quilt retreats. Sara and Mike Wall are the best hosts. I have always hated to leave.

Your age range 65+
29 Jun 2017
Diana, it has been so great to have you attend the retreats. I am so glad you will still come after you move to New York.
jasmith49...
Pleasant View, Tennessee
“Quilt Retreat”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Not only was this my first quilt retreat with 20+ quilters, but my first time staying at the lodge. I was impressed!! The lodge handled all that we quilters bring plus the facilities were more than I expected. The 2 floors are very accommodating for all physical needs. Bedrooms and bathrooms very comfortable. Very spacious and never felt like we were crowded from kitchen to dining/sewing room. Grounds are well maintained. Very peaceful setting! The owners are lovely people with a mission of pleasing guests.

29 Jun 2017
Janice, it was so nice to have you and Donna attend your first quilt retreat at the lodge. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you will come again.
Dedee M
“AWESOME is all I can say!”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I stayed at the lodge for a quilting retreat in May, 2017. It was awesome! The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Sara and Mike made sure everyone had a great time. It felt like being home. I can't wait for next year's retreat. I will definitely be going back again.

1 Jul 2017
Dedee, thank you for contributing your knowledge and helping to make the retreat a sucess. I look forward to seeing you again next year.
Cynthia P
“Everything you could ask for and more!”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I came to the Lodge at Douglas Lake to attend a quilting retreat with 20 other women....I was astonished at how beautifully this lodge accommodated all 21 of us without ever feeling that we were crowded or uncomfortable in any way. The layout provides for spaces to meet as a large group, as well as space for a more intimate gathering/conversation both inside and on the grounds surrounding the lodge. The kitchen is a huge commercial kitchen, easily allowing for meal preparation for a large group. The owners are amazing, anticipating our needs, always available to answer questions and incredibly hospitable. The area is gorgeous, the lodge sits on a beautiful lake, allowing for boating, fishing and other water activities. Only miles away from town, you have the feeling of being in nature with conveniences and shopping are only a short distance away. I hope to return on many occasions and would highly recommend this Lodge as your first option in the area!

1 Jul 2017
Cynthia, I especially thank you for driving so far to attend our retreat. And thank you for the beautiful pictures of the lake. I hope you will be able to attend again next year.
juststitc...
Callahan, Florida
“Quilters Retreat”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This was my first quilters retreat. We had such a wonderful time. We were greeted by Sara & Mike so warmly and welcomed in after such a long drive from Jacksonville, Florida. There was so much to see and do. We walked around the property and down to the lake. It was a bit chilly still and we were surprised by a quick passing of a quiet snowfall. I just felt like I was at home there. We were so comfortable and the house was so quiet. Being out in the woodsy area was just breathtaking. Sara & Mile are such wonderful hosts.
We will definitely be back again hopefully to as many Quilters Retreats as possible.

1 Jul 2017
Brenda, I know it was a long trip for yall but I hope you will be able to attend again soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing