“Outrageous Cabins”
Review of Starr Crest Resort

and 1 more site!
Starr Crest Resort
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I recently stayed at one of there cabins over New Years ...Great Location.. Great Cabin and outstanding Value for Money! Cabin was beautiful, very clean and well stocked! It was convenient to both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Great Place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Buckeyebigdog

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying with OC and I am satisfied again. Views were great in this cabin, you can see the mtns and the city lights at night. This cabin was about halfway up the mtn, with cabins on either side.

Everything in this cabin was clean and updated. The game room had air hockey, pool table, and 40+ arcade games.

The only downside to this cabin, and why I gave it four stars, was one: the first floor bedroom had no dresser or nightstands in the room, just a king sized bed. I just think it would be nice to have a place to unpack and set your phone, glasses, remote, etc when you lay down. Two: when I opened the dishwasher to load dishes, the inside was filthy from renters before me. After loading it, I proceeded to start it and realize it didn't even work. Hopefully that issue will get resolved soon for future renters. I left a comment on the paper the office gives you for suggestions/concerns.

Other then those two minor issues, I am satisfied with my stay again, as cleanliness is a huge deal for me like it is for most of you.

One last thing: They were calling for a good amount of snow while I was there. I asked the office how the resort roads were when it snowed, and they said they were maintained well. Before the storm came, the roads were salted, however I left before the snow, so I'm not sure how they were after.

Thanks again OC!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank jess412
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My family of 5 stayed this past weekend in the cabin, "A Touch of Class". Upon arrival we saw tons of cabins and hoped we would have one that was facing the mountain and not another cabin (do your research, some of the cabins have much better views than others) as we went up the mountain we finally reached our cabin and it was in a great spot. Once the doors opened we were pleasantly surprised. The cabin was beautiful. The living room looked a lot bigger in the website's picture but it was still a good size, the upstairs was the best part though! The master bedroom/game room made this cabin well worth the money! It had a pool table, arcade game table with well over 40 classic favorites such as frogger, pac-man, etc., air-hockey, and a HUGE king sized bed which was extremely comfortable, and a very nice electric fireplace. The bathroom was also to-die for. It had a huge jetted tub and a towel warmer. Now, for the best part... the view! The balcony overlooked the mountain and at night the view was out of this world with the city lights in the distance. Overall, this cabin was exactly what we wanted. My only suggestion would be to bring your own pillows and extra towels especially if you intend on using the hot-tub.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank linzdeanna
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed at "A Walk in the Clouds" in Starr Crest. There are just no words for the view! Fabulous!! And Ray, the owner was great to work with. Cabin was beautiful, very clean and well stocked! It was convenient to both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Great Place!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was our first time to visit the smokies in a cabin. Upon arrival we found a dark cabin that needed more lighting. The view was fantastic but the cabin was disappointing. The master bedroom had only one closet with absolutely no drawer space. The room was too small to hold a dresser of any type. The bedroom off the master was a joke, you needed to close the door to stand in front of the sink. The kitchen dod not have enough dishes to serve 6 people even though it was listed as to accommodate 6. The security light outside the cabin was not working so at dark it was hard to see the steps to the cabin. I overall cleanliness was below standard. I had to clean the kitchen before I cooked our first meal. Sheets did not stay on the bed as they were much too small for the type of mattress. We will not choose them again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cwall75
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We just got back from spending 3 wonderful nights in the most amazing cabin in the Smokies. We rented the cabin through Cabins of the Smoky Mountains which runs its check-in at the nearby Legacy Mountain Resort. It is 5.5 miles down the road from Starr Crest Resort. It's a bit of a hassle to have to go all the way there and all the way up the mountain to check in (adding over 30 minutes to our overall travel time). Not sure why they can't simply email you your check-in documents including front door key code, as other resort rentals do.

The cabin was super clean, tastefully decorated, spacious, and extremely comfortable. It is spread over 3 levels, each with a bedroom and each with a balcony offering gorgeous views of the Smokies. Our two boys aged 8 and 10 LOVED the game room and stayed in the bedroom just off of it on the lower level. (FYI: the Xbox was great but you must bring your own games and there was only one remote.)

My husband and I used the roomy top floor "master" loft with large bathroom and soaking tub. There were two hot tubs on the property: one on the lower level balcony and one on the top level balcony. The one on the lower level didn't get very hot, so we only used the top floor one. On two nights we grilled our dinner using the outdoor grill. It is a small charcoal grill similar to ones you find in state parks. The kitchen was nicely stocked. And the closets had lots of extra blankets and pillows.

We also brought our bikes with us but were disappointed that there wasn't anywhere to bike. This is not a biking kind of place.

We did not go out to any of the dinner theater shows or restaurants. The towns of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are hugely developed and overflowing with chain restaurants. it's a shame that limits on its development haven't been placed considering how beautiful the surrounding area is. So we opted to eat most meals at the cabin. We visited the park and took a beautiful hike to Grotto Falls one day (about 3 hour hike round trip). On another day we went white water rafting approx 1 hour from the cabin near the Carolina border. And on our way out of town, we decided to stop at one of the many go-kart places since the kids were begging us to do it. If it were up to myself and my husband, we would have skipped any and all attractions on the main drags of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Gatlinburg is actually a tad less gaudy than Pigeon Forge. But both are way too developed for my taste.

Overall, we spent the most time in the cabin and for good reason. The views were phenomenal and the cabin was cozy and full of entertainment options. All we needed was our glass of wine, a rocking chair or dip in the hot tub, kids occupied in the game room, and we had complete bliss! Would come back to this cabin again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

It left us on Cloud 9 actually. This 4 bedroom 4 bath cabin rented through Dollywood Vacations (found via the dollywood.com website) was better than a multistar hotel. It was devoid of dust, critters and smell and full of fun! We got there on a Friday as the clouds were moving in. It rained all day Saturday but we didn't care for the sun shone indoors. So much to do: pool table, electronic dartboard, video game stand up machine, foosball, air hockey, steam room, hot tub and flat screen tvs everywhere. The cabin was stocked with toilet paper, paper towels, coffee, sheets and towels. The 1 electric and 1 gas fireplace worked great. And we were spread out on 3 floors so nobody got in each other's way. Loved this place! Check in and check out were painless and they gave us great suggestions, plus discounted tickets to Dixie Stampede!

Room Tip: Great cabin, but a little off the beaten path. Cars are required to get to and back from the "...