“Fun! Food! And Fun!”

English Mountain Trout Farm & Grill
Ranked #2 of 185 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun! Food! And Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

A must do if your in this area it's a great time, great food, family owned (I always like the mom and pop places) , it's out a ways but well worth the trip. We will come back

1 Thank JK S

Beavercreek, Ohio
“We're hooked!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

What a gem hidden in the Great Smoky Mountains. My family visited there on June 17th as an activity we have not tried before. We paired it with a visit to Forbidden Caves first and stopped by English Mountain Trout Farm & Grill for an early evening meal afterwards. We are quite pleased we did.
My husband and youngest daughter are the fishermen in the family, so they got the honor of catching their dinner. My daughter caught her fish within seconds after casting her line. Put my husband to shame for he took several minutes and some quick encouragement from his guide to land his. The fun was over too soon, so they decided to catch two more to take home. The guide was helpful and very nice.
They can prepare the fish several ways. My daughter had hers fried and my husband had his prepared blackened. My oldest daughter had a chicken sandwich (not a fish lover) and I had fried catfish (which I did NOT have to catch). The food was great.
The owner is quite proud of his establishment and is evident in how he treats each guest. There was a steady team of visitors and he greets each one and tries to get to know them. We arrived before the usual dinner time and had a pleasant visit with him.
We highly recommend this place and it is on our list to return in the future.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ellen K
“One of our favorite places!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We love to visit English Mountain Trout Farm on just about every visit to the area! This time, we took our son and one of his friends to the area to celebrate his graduation. When asked places he wanted to go, EMTF was top of the list! Once again, we had a great meal! As always, Charlie and Angie (owners) were terrific hosts! Our son and friend also did the gem mining while there. They came away with many beautiful stones! Both were very happy with their finds. It was an incredible time for us all and a great memory to take away. We look forward to our next visit!

1 Thank tgrlover
Cincinnati, United States
“Go Here & Go Have Fun, Even You Snobs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We're City Dwellers so driving slightly into the Country kind of scared me at first, but man oh man, GO DO THIS! My Husband and I had soooo much fun. I don't eat Seafood, so I had one of their Great Burgers. My Husband fished and had a blast! He had the Blackened Fish with Baked Beans and Mac & Cheese (sides were delish!). Those Hush Puppies are DIVINE! The Owner came over and he sat and talked with us. Just an all-around great experience!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Joannie H
“"Must stop" destination!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

A friend found this place on Trip Advisor while researching her vacation. We said we would check it out for her on our way home from OUR vacation. When we first pulled up, we almost left, especially when I saw the cash only sign. Charley must of seen our faces, as he hustled over to invite us in. We are SO glad we stayed! My 16 year old daughter and I had a WONDERFUL time. We fished, we mined for jewels and had one of the best meals on our whole trip! Our friends are also planning to stop when they come to the area. DON'T MISS ONE OF THE BEST "HOLES IN THE WALL" EVER!