“Tremendous value and experience if you can handle the drive.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sevierville
Brother's Cove Log Cabin Rentals
Reviewed 12 July 2014

After reading a review of the Brother's Cove cabins a few years back in Southern Living, I had it saved in my bookmarks. So this summer when we planned a Tennessee vacation, our stay was going to be at Brother's Cove. Let me preface this whole review by stating that we are flatlanders...not used to a lot of mountain driving. We rented Buck's Lookout, which was one of the higher elevation cabins. When we arrived there we were more than pleased. The pictures shown on the website didn't do justice to what a neat cabin it was and the incredible views. We felt the cabin experience was even better than expected. Our cost was around $240 per night in the height of vacation season. An incredible value for a place like this. I would easily pay twice that now that I've visited and stayed there. We stayed with another couple and the cabin was plenty big enough for all of us. The high ceilings and magnificent vistas made it feel like the place was much bigger than the actual square footage. We found all the accommodations to be quite adequate for our five night stay. The view off our back deck was so impressive that we spent every evening in the nice reclining chairs out there, enjoying the view and the mountain air. Mornings were amazing...we took hundreds of photos of gorgeous sunrises and smoky vistas. I cannot say enough good things about the cabin we rented. It had televisions and DirecTV, but we never turned on any of them. I did hook my MP3 player up to the stereo there a few nights to provide some music while we were grilling (bring your own charcoal) burgers and steaks. I should also note that this cabin had no Wi-Fi or internet service, but we did fine with our smartphones. Verizon for sure had good service where we were. Now I'm going to address the only two slightly negative items, and please don't let these turn you off on the place. These are just things that made me a little uncomfortable. First, the second story bedroom in our cabin was about five degrees warmer than the temperature on the lower floor. We had some hot days where we needed the AC. When it was 72 downstairs, it would be about 77 upstairs. However, there were two electric fans stowed away upstairs, and each night we used those in our bedroom. We slept quite comfortably with these. But had we not had these, I think I would have been downstairs sleeping on the fold-out couch. As it cooled off overnight, this was not as big a problem. And I'm sure it's only a problem just in the very warmest months (we were there in early July). The other item I need to address (and noted it in the title of this review) is that the drive up to our cabin (and again, ours was WAY up the mountain) involved quite a bit of uphill driving on switchback roads. There was one spot near the Cement Pond (community swimming pool) with a sheer dropoff on one side that made me feel uncomfortable. Our friend who drove had no trouble at all, so maybe my comments should be heeded only by the acrophobic. Once we got up to our cabin, the short drive up the cabin's driveway seemed to be at a 45 degree angle. Each time our driver pulled into the driveway, he admitted he was a little uncomfortable with getting to our parking place. Let me also note that most of these roads are one-way roads, so it's not like you have to worry about oncoming traffic. If you can handle mountain driving and don't have any fear of heights, you'll do fine even at the highest cabins (after all, that's where the best views are). If you are like me and would have to drive to your cabin yourself, you might want to get one lower on the mountain. Again, please don't let my comments on the AC and the drive up turn you off on this place. It is really, really a great experience and I will definitely go again. It was only maybe 15 minutes from our cabin into Pigeon Forge, so town wasn't far away. It was about 30 minutes down to Cade's Cove, so that wasn't far either. These cabins are perfectly situated for a lot of day trips (we even drove over to the Biltmore one day). I heartily recommend these cabins and think they are a tremendous value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Joe B
There are newer reviews for Brother's Cove Log Cabin Rentals

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Lesia, Braxton, and I had one wonderful week in Cabin # 37 Fox Ridge from June 22 to 29, 2014. The view from the 360 degree wrap around deck was awesome. Up high enough that the rain clouds would be coming straight at you and you were way over the top of the fog in the mornings. What a place for your first cup of java in the a.m. The cabin itself was clean, included more furnishings than most for the kitchen, had some movies there for the living area, with big screen and surround sound, and a pool table that gave us hours of competition and fun. The views from inside the cabin, and even the upstairs bedrooms were amazing to say the least with floor to ceiling windows. It was so nice when you went into town (Pigeon Forge and/or Gatlinburg) to be heading back to the serenity of our home for the week. We were greeted by a very friendly staff and if there were any problems at all, they would get them fixed immediately. The resort is gated, and you can feel very safe and secure there, and the fifteen to twenty minute drive from town was not bad at all. The swimming pool was there if you wanted to swim, but we usually stayed around the cabin unless going to town. I would highly recommend this cabin or any in The Brothers Cover Resort for any family wanting to get back to the basics of what family is all about, and the beauty of what American has to offer. We went to the Ripley''s Aquarium, did zip-lines at Adventure Park, tasted a little moonshine in Gatlinburg, and hikes in the Smokey Mountain National Forest. Had a great vacation.

Room Tip: Check all of the cabins out online at brotherscove.com and pick the one that suites your needs.
2  Thank cman36
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family of 7 recently stayed 5 nights in Brother's Cove, Cabin #12. Selecting a cabin online was such a difficulty decision for me, but I was definitely not disappointed. There was plentiful room for us. The cabin was in a beautiful location, with awesome views. I so appreciated the seclusion, and the break from the "tourist strip" of Pigeon Forge. The wi-fi did not work, which was a disappointment to my teenage boys. I was thankful, as it was a welcome break from it. The water in the jacuzzi was a little rusty, so we decided to forego that.. but we did enjoy the hot tub outside. The pool area was also beautiful with fantastic views. The evening prior to our departure, my husband drove slightly off the road, and blew both our tires on the right side. The staff at Brother's Cove was so accommodating, and went out of their way to get us the help we needed to fix our truck. They even offered us a free night while it was being fixed. I would highly recommend Brother's Cove. My family gives it 14 thumbs up!

3  Thank LibbyS19
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If anyone wants to vacation near pigeon forge, please look at renting a cabin! We stayed in Bucks Lookout and was extremely impressed. The price is comparable to a nice hotel, but you get sooo much more with a cabin. The view was absolutely breathtaking!! The drive to the cabin from Pigeon Forge is only about 20 minutes and and t is a picturesque drive. We could not have been more happy with our cabin or our vacation except that it was too short!!

1  Thank Jsdownard
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at two cabins (Fox Ridge cabin 37, I believe and Cabin 15, forgot the name) in August. Check in begins in town at the American Mountain Rentals office where you receive a bundle of towels and misc., literature. Brother's Cove is located about 15 minutes from the office and is a gated community. Nice drive. Upon arrival, punch in your access code provided at the rental office and up the mountain you go if you chose one the cabins at a higher elevation. I have never stayed in cabin before and haven't experienced a lot of steep grades before. When you get 1/2 way up the grade becomes steeper and that made me nervous. Upon arrival at our cabin, we were amazed at the views. Beautiful! Our cabins was clean except for some webs inside but hey, it's a cabin! Older style floor tv, not the greatest picture. Spiral staircase, not crazy about that. Nicely decorated, kids loved the pool table. First night slept great, then I woke up disoriented with a bad mirgraine type headache. Came to the conclusion I had ALTITUDE SICKNESS!!! What?!?!?!? Called the rental office and they had NO problem switching our family to a cabin at a lower elevation. We did have to pay the cleaning fee but I understand, had no problems doing so. The rental office was OUTSTANDING!! Cabin 15 was nicer with flat screen tvs, granite countertops and cleanerand we enjoyed the remainder of our trip. Bros. Cove is quiet, secluded and has beautiful views. American Mountain Rentals rocks!! Hint: look at the map of Brother's Cove, the cabins located at the top of the sheet are at the top of the mountain.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank kfox30
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I originally found Brother's Cove by searching for pet friendly cabins. I am so glad I did that as it turned out to be a great cabin. Very nice cabin with many nice decorating touches. One of the smaller cabins, it was plenty big enough for the two of us and our little yorkie. Main floor was one big room with living area with woodburning fireplace, dining area and full kitchen, not just apartment sized appliances. There were other cabins across the road from us, but the side of our cabin with the large windows and the two decks (one with hot tub) was on the opposite side. And with so many trees between us and the cabin on either side, there was plenty of privacy. The bedroom with jacuzi and the bathroom was on the second floor. The wall opposite the foot of the bed was all glass and many trees right outside the deck leading from the bedroom, giving the impression of waking up in a treehouse. All of the people we met were very helpful and pleasant. All in all, it was a very enjoyable and relaxing week. The only thing I might have changed was to move it a little closer to Pigeon Forge. But it was a pleasant drive and actually more convenient to getting to Cade's Cove as you did not need to go through Pigeon Forge or Gatlingburg to get there.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, use that search option as it will show all cabins allowing pets no matter how man...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank never488
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at Timber Wolf #5 for 4 nights. The cabin was a 3 bedroom 2 bath. The cabin was clean and well stocked with dinnerware and towels. We booked this cabin last minute due to issues with another cabin from a different company at a different location. It was pretty much all that was available considering Saturday evening on Memorial Day weekend!

We will definitely use Brother's Cove Resort again in the future!!! But let me explain about this cabin. This one is located near the bottom of the mountain and is nestled in the woods, not much of a view if you are looking to see something other than trees. There is a sidewalk leading to the entrance with about 7 step downs, not the best for a person using a wheelchair. Again, this cabin met closest to most of our needs for this trip. This cabin didn't allow for any cell service, I walked outside and was able to get a bar to make some phone calls. The wifi wasn't working and being Memorial Day weekend, it was not going to be fixed. Staff offered tips, but to no avail. There is a hot tub jacuzzi with this cabin, but you have to walk down a flight of several steps to get to it. Being nestled in the woods, there are spiders everywhere! This is a gated area and you will need the code to enter, huge plus!

Brother's Cove staff was exceptional, Randy was great to talk to. He offered several tips including short cuts to various locations and we discussed the possibility of property ownership. Randy, having worked in the real estate business, gave great advice should we decide to buy in the Smoky Mountain area. Brother's Cove also has a very nice area near the top that has a community pool with views that are absolutely amazing.

Like I said earlier, we will most assuredly stay with Brother's Cove again and would not hesitate to recommend them to friends. Just ask me which cabins I would choose in the future, I have at least 4 of them picked out!!!!!

Room Tip: Cabin was well equipped. Long walk to get down to hot tub out back. Short drive from the front gate...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Accommodations by Parkside Resort
Starr Crest Resort
Starr Crest Resort
#11 of 37 in Sevierville

Been to Brother's Cove Log Cabin Rentals? Share your experiences!