“Guest”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome to the roomiest and most comfortable cabin in the mountains. Plenty of room for your family.
Back of cabin porch
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Back of cabin porch
I keep Bears away. HEHE
Seating for six at the table and four mote at the bar.
From the kitchen you have a view in the great room
Satelite TV included plus DVR
Lodging pet friendly
Wifi included
Wet bar additional seating
Great room
Master suite, king bed
fake fireplace bathroom behind door.
Queen bed with the best view of the mountains.
man cave
Queen bed by bathroom
BBQ holds 28 hamburgers.
Back side
main floor deck with rocking chairs to catch up with family
Entire second floor two queen beds and pull out couch
Amenity a Wool quilt in case of chill
upstairs BR
washer dryer
Smoky Mountain back yard
cabin sign
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 6 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Totana S
“All the fear of seclusion with none of the privacy”
Reviewed 30 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

The cabin itself if accurately portrayed. Its large and would do well to sleep 6 people. I would describe the space as cute and might be good for a group weekend getaway. The location is very remote. very remote. Don't trust google maps. The road that leads to the cabin is steep and so is the driveway and some of the roads are gravel. I would not want to have to travel on those roads at night or during inclement weather.

The cabin was clean but some of the cookware was not. Some pans had been put back with dried crust bits of food on it. I don't blame the host for this and would guess its the fault of previous guests. The fridge is bare so i suggest stopping by a grocery store before you come to the cabin and buy any and everything you could possibly think of since its 30 minutes each way to the nearest grocery store and I wouldn't recommend making the drive at night.

The hosts cabin overlooks this cabin by a few hundred feet. Its a double edge sword. If you need help , they are there to assist you and when getting there, its nice. But the rest of the time You feel watched and its very unsettling. A lot of the the windows and doors don't lock due to the liberties taken in constructing the cabin so you can never fully lock everything. Even though you're secluded and in the middle of nowhere, I never feel comfortable or at ease knowing that someone or something could sneak into the cabin at anytime. The environment reminds me of Misery with the host watching over me. No matter what time we came or went , you could see that you were being watched closely.

We slept in the only bedroom in the cabin and for two nights i could audibly hear someone snoring from a locked closet door. I woke many times to check to see if it was my partner snoring but she was quiet and asleep. It was only two of us in that entire cabin and I only heard that noise at night. It was creepy and made it difficult for me to sleep.

I would only recommend this place for large groups who will either stay in and entertain themselves or will just use this for a bed at night and nothing more. The location is very secluded but the proximity to the host and how closely we were being watched made me feel like I was a child again staying with my parents. And thats being optimistic. You're basically staying in a stranger's home while they physically watch you and critique your actions and there's no oversight over the whole process. Not exactly the feeling im going for when I go away on holiday.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The View
Liked least: Lack of privacy
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
26 Dec 2016
"The practice of fake news...is ancient. The difference now is that the stories circulate faster and PEOPLE CAN MAKE MONEY SPREADING THEM, which gives its purveyors a whole new motivation."

When we read outrageous crap, the first thing we should ask is who's making money? Do we really want to become puppets for our enemies? And will I hurt or help by passing this on?

The US CANT SURVIVE, if we can't tell truth from lies, or are addicted to the jolt of adrenaline we get when some story is so terrible that we can't wait to pass it along, just in order to be able to say "Gee, ain't it awful?"
Maria J
“Guest”
Reviewed 28 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Cabin was nice. Enjoyed the view. Nancy was very nice and accommodating. Great area to walk the dogs. My family and I truly enjoyed our time in the mountains!

29 Nov 2016
Thanks again for the wonderful review you gave to Log Cabin in Smoky Mountain. We want it to be a place families can come to and feel at home. Hopefully, we accomplished that with all of you. Hope to see you next year.
R3370MVth...
Lexington, South Carolina
“Big cabin nice”
Reviewed 10 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We only stayed in this cabin two days but we enjoyed each day it is Big it has a nice upstairs it is quiet nobody will bother you here.
Plenty of room for a family vacation.
Thanks for the use of the cabin.

11 Nov 2016
I am so glad that we lived up to high expectations. We loved having you, you and your wonderful wife are our favorite guests. I look forward to an extended visit from you both along with your friends next year. We love our job, and it is all because of wonderful people like you.
Missdiagn...
“A place to rejuventate your soul & perfect the art of doing nothing except resting your weary feet after local adventure”
Reviewed 2 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

This is a truly incredible place. It's more than excellent! In 2014, we stayed here for the first 2 nights of our marriage. Two years later, we returned and while it was super the first time, it was simply incredible the second. From the gorgeous cabin to the South's most gracious innkeepers, to the simply incredible mountain view and magnificent bedrooms, you can't go wrong staying here. If you need Rest and relaxation this is the place to come and soak up the love and karma that abound here... spend time reading in the rocking chair on the porch while enjoying the mountain air in one of the many secluded spots outside, or taking a nice walk. In the mood for hiking, moonshining, or great music? Great Smoky Mountains seems like the top of the world or like the end of the earth but it certainly doesn't lack for things to do. Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Clingmans Dome is a worthwhile hike and easy enough for the young and more graciously aged bones. Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Dollywood are within a reasonable drive which only seems lengthy because of the windy roads. Smoky Mountain Opry and Memories theatre offer great music with beautiful venues. And best still, your will have your Log Cabin in Smoky Mountain to come back to. You many arrive a stranger but don't be surprised at greetings slowly turn into outright laughter as the hosts regale you with local lore and stories. This is a true gem and you won't want to leave!

3 Nov 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a lovely, positive review. My husband and I are so blessed to have wonderful guests like you enter our home. Please come back to us soon.
Robtay198...
“Absolutely amazing we loved it.”
Reviewed 17 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

The stay at the cabin was wonderful and the owners were great and helpful. Her directions were spot on. Look forward to coming back in the future.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
3 Nov 2016
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing