“Nor cheap but good”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Nor cheap but good”
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Just a quick review to confirm the many good points other contributors have highlighted for this Comfort Inn. The entrance from the rear car park via the pool, a source of complaint for some, was no big deal to us, thru two doors, a few paces to the elevator, up and a few more paces to the large, quiet and comfortable room. No problem. Not a cheap hotel, however, there were plenty much cheaper deals available in the area.
A bonus was the new Orvis outlet right across the road at the back of the hotel.

• Liked — Central for the outlet malls
  • Disliked — I have no problems with this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Grumbleweed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 July 2008

This was our over 20th stay at this hotel. We have never, ever been disappointed. The staff is always so very courteous and helpful. The hotel is the cleanest that our family ever stays in. We are always so grateful for this home away from home when visiting the Smoky Moutains. Once again we weren't disappointed. The bed is so perfect along with the pillows. The have dehumidifiers in all rooms. It is all nonsmoking, so it is always fresh and clean. The actually still have fitted sheets on the bed. Which is so very nice. The bathrooms are clean. The free continental breakfast is always delicious and the coffee is a perfect pick me up in the morning. Thanks for making our stay so special, you guys are the best of the best.

Stayed July 2007
North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Wonderful experience overall. We stayed on the top floor on the backside of the hotel overlooking the apple orchard. Absolutely breathtaking. Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was more than we expected. Our rooms were kept in tip top shape everyday by the cleaning staff. Indoor and outdoor pool for children. Checking in and out was easy and fast. Here are the problems my family experienced. There are not safe deposit boxes in the rooms they are located at the front desk. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. If you sleep in the bed closer to the bathroom you burn up in the night. It almost feels like there is no air conditioning. The rest of my family stayed in the same room lay out as well. With a party the size of ours you do have smokers in your group. We were originally told that smoking was not a problem, however when we arrived, keep in mind the hotel was already paid for, it was a problem. There are signs posted on the window to your patio or balcony that you will be charged $150.00 fine for smoking on the property. These family members do not smoke inside anyway. They just wanted to smoke outside. I can tell you that we seen numerous staff sneaking out back to smoke. We will not stay again. I feel they were very misleading. I have stayed at numerous choice Hotels and never seen a no smoking on the property sign like this before.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
midwest
Reviewed 19 July 2008

Above average room. Very spacious. Fridge and Microwave. Two sinks: one in bathroom, one in room made morning prep. flow easier. Nice sitting area to the side with a pull out couch and small table for two. Our first floor room had a small stoop with two chairs and small table.

Everything seemed clean to me. Breakfast had variety.

In my opinion, the hotel is in a good spot. Just as you are coming into the crowded area of Sevierville. Close but not yet conjested. Unlike the hotels that are further down the parkway and into Pigeon Forge, this one still has an element of peacefulness to it.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Springville, Alabama
Reviewed 19 July 2008

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. I am usually very weary about hotels under the Choice Hotels banner. These would be like Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Clarion, EconoLodge and so on. Typically these hotels always receive poor ratings.

Well after staying in this hotel for 5 nights I can say this location is as nice as any other hotel I've stayed at. The rooms are great - very clean and very spacious. We have a third floor room which also has a small balcony facing the parkway. Traffic sound is not bad since we really can't hear it unless a really loud car or motorcycle rumbles by. This location has two swimming pools and a hot tub. One pool indoors and one outdoors. I assume all the rooms are the same as ours which has a suite with a full couch, two tables and two additional chairs. This room also came with a refrigerator and microwave. Since I was here with my son we opted for the two queen beds. These are very comfortable and provide an excellent nights sleep.

This hotel also offers a continental breakfast and they don't skimp on much with it. You can make your own waffles. They also offer boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, a multitude of muffins, bagels and other breads. If you don't want to spend money on your morning meals then eat in!

Lastly this hotel is in a great location. It is right on the city line of Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. There is a red light right off the parking lot which makes getting on the parkway very easy. Right next door to the hotel you will find a Walgreens and a Wendy's. Across the Parkway there is a McDonalds. Behind the hotel you will find the Apple Barn restaurants. You can walk to each of these places, no need to crank up the car. You can't beat the price of this hotel per night for what you get. I will stay here again.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing...this question does not apply to this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
louisville
Reviewed 18 July 2008

We had two adjoining units for two nights. The units were very large and the queen size beds very comfortable. The room was clean as was all the property. The free breakfast was plentiful and the area was kept very neat and clean. Normally I stay in Marriotts but I couldn't have asked for anything better than this Comfort Inn.

• Liked — size and cleanliness of room
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
South
Reviewed 17 July 2008

The hotel lived up to the TripAdviser reviews that I had read before making the reservation. The $108 AARP per night we paid was a little more than than some other places I looked at online, but some awful reviews scared me away from some of them.

Most importantly, it was very clean - I can fault nothing in the cleanliness department. We were on 2nd floor overlooking pool, in room with 2 queen beds. I had preferred a king room, but this was fine, and had a nice sitting area. It ws great having a fridge, we didn't use microwave or coffee maker, but since breakfast was on 2nd floor it was convenient to walk down and get coffee (also had free coffee and hot apple cider from the lobby).

The bathroom was average, but very nice to have the 2nd sink and vanity outside of it.

Breakfast was just what I expected - fine for the "serve yourself" variety. Read the directions on the machines (waffle maker, hot water, o.j.) before making a spill or looking foolish like I did!

The outside pool was very comfortable, with plenty of seating. Some nice covered padded chair swings were enjoyed by a couple of senior citizens watching grandchildren.

After entering through back door and indoor pool area the first entry, afterwards we used the side entrance, which was very convenient since our room was on that end, and we parked on that end after the first time. Having to use the key card to enter those entrances gave extra security.

I thought the location was great - you couldn've walked to Tanger Five Oaks mall if you'd wanted to, and it was easy to get in and out since it was off the side street, which had a light.

Free USA Today in the lobby, all staff was friendly and efficient. I haven't stayed in Comfort Inns before, but the overall stay was much better than I would have expected at the average one.

I called the hotel to book, but got same AARP price that I'd been given online. Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay in Pigeon Forge.

• Liked — The clean and roomy room
  • Disliked — Having to fix my own breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
#10 of 20 in Sevierville
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 91 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Comfort Inn Apple Valley? Share your experiences!