“Loved it!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sewanee
Austin
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was a great hotel and a wonderful bargain.
we will stay there again if we are ever in the area again. The staff was friendly and helpful and there was a doorman in a suit and tie to greet us as we came and went.
they even have bicycles to ride.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael B, General Manager at The Sewanee Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Allison N,

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you kind words about our charming inn! I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly! I hope that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary bikes as well.

We would also like to thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers, about our renowned service and amenities!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you, or your family.

931-598-3621

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Gallatin
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Have stayed in numerous hotels around the world and the Sewanee is the best experience ever. We were in awe of everything. We plan on making seasonal trips to the Inn purely for the experience. I know the Inn will be highly successful. Though not too, because I want to be able to get a room when we want too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jan C,

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you considered your stay here, your best hotel experience ever! I am so happy to hear that you will be making seasonal trips here as well, just for the experience!

We would also like to thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers, about our renowned service and amenities.

Atlanta
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very nice setting, extremely quiet with a very attentive staff. We visited our daughter for the 4th of July weekend and had a great experience. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a quiet weekend getaway in a fantastic location.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael B, General Manager at The Sewanee Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Maarten K,

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our tranquil, serene surroundings! We love to hear that you had a great experience and found our staff to be very attentive.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 7 July 2014

One of the nicest facilities I have stayed in anywhere. The common rooms, terraces, golf course views, and overall facilities are outstanding. We enjoyed walks down University Avenue and to the overlook, and our room had a balcony right on the 9th green. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear George T,

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and commented that it is one of the nicest facilities you have stayed in anywhere!! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our common areas, terraces and golf course view as well!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

atlanta
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our first (of many, we hope) stay at the Sewanee Inn. Our room was lovely and thoughtfully outfitted with plenty of outlets, makeup mirror, comfy beds. The hotel decor is perfect - nostalgic, yet up to date. Staff was cheerful and breakfast excellent. If I had known how nice the weather would be, I would have upgraded myself to a balcony room. Next time!

Room Tip: For a lovely view, ask for the gold course side.
Dear pegAtlanta,

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay first with us and are hopeful of having many more! I am so happy to here that you found our staff to be cheerful and that breakfast was excellent as well.

Dayton
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The King Suite w/wrap around balcony was really nice. Plenty of room for six people to visit. All rooms very spacious and well planned. Restaurant and bar service were enjoyable as well. We would recommend to friends!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael B, General Manager at The Sewanee Inn, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Nancy T,

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our king suite with wrap around balcony to be spacious and accommodating! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and bar services as well..

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband, baby, and I recently stayed at the new Sewanee Inn and had a fantastic experience. The new Inn is absolutely gorgeous. The entry way and public lounges are decorated perfectly. There is plenty of room outside to lounge in comfy chairs and enjoy a beautiful golf course view. The lobby has tasty refreshments available - make sure to taste the lavender hibiscus pink lemonade. The rooms are large and comfortable with the fluffiest towels. The bathrooms and wet bar area have gorgeous granite. Our room was a patio room opening out onto the golf course. There were rockers outside and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting out there in the evenings with a glass of wine. We visited over Father's Day and the staff left us a special treat to help him celebrate! I requested a crib for our baby and was delighted that they had a pack n'play that was brand new for her to use. The Inn also has bikes that guests can check out free of charge and I enjoyed a nostalgic ride through the campus of my Alma Mater on a starlit summer night. TIP: *A patio or balcony room is a must! The patio rooms open directly outside and you can easily walk around the grounds from your room. There aren't any king patio/balcony rooms (to my knowledge), so if you want one of these rooms you need to book a double queen. We will certainly be back to visit the Inn!!

Room Tip: Patio rooms open directly outside.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sensminger
Dear Sensminger,

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you kind words about our charming inn! I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the beautiful golf course view. We were so happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary bikes as well.

In addition to our queen rooms with a balcony, we do also offer a balcony on a couple of our king suite, deluxe king and superior king suite rooms also.

931-598-3621
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sewanee
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester
Comfort Suites Manchester
Comfort Suites Manchester
#3 of 17 in Manchester

Been to The Sewanee Inn? Share your experiences!