“Wonderful addition to the Sewanee area”
Review of The Sewanee Inn

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sewanee
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful addition to the Sewanee area”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here while visiting the Univ. of the South. What a wonderful hotel. Even though it is less than 2 months old, everything operated smoothly. We had a large suite that looked out over the golf course. Our kids had a double queen room. Both rooms were very nice firm beds and large bathrooms. I noticed one or two design issues in the bathrooms where doors opened into cabinets or the shower. If you wanted to open the shower door, then the door to the WC had to be closed. Staff was awesome. Breakfast menu was limited, but the food was excellent. Free bike usage is a very nice touch. This place will be sold out for Parent's Weekend, Graduation and other big Sewanee events.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Michael B, General Manager at The Sewanee Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear RAT001,

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you kind words about our charming inn! Thank you for your feedback regarding the bathroom doors and cabinets. We were so glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary bikes as well.

We would also like to thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers, about our renowned service and amenities!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you, or your family.

931-598-3621

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Staff are warm, engaging and helpful; breakfast and dinner were delicious;
view from porch was beautiful; loved riding bikes around campus, town and to see the views. Room was immaculate. Amazing stay!

Dear Susan B,

We are so happy to hear that you had an amazing stay here with us! We were delighted to hear that you found our staff to be warm and engaging and that you found our culinary selections to be delicious!

I am glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary bikes, to enjoy some of Sewanee's breathtaking scenery.

Milton
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Beautiful setting, relaxing and comfortable, perfect spot for an active outdoor vacation or to get away from it all. Summertime offers a music festival concert series - we attended a wind symphony concert on the 4th of July that was fantastic. Always something going on in this college town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Susan R
Dear Susan R,

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the tranquil setting and found it to be both relaxing and comfortable. We are also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of the many amazing activities, The University of The South has to offer!

Waycross
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Best nights sleep in a while --great bed. Work out room is still work in progress but does the job. Pubs supper menu needs some work but breakfast is over the top. I love this place. Will use the free bikes next time

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Susanne G
Dear Susanne G,

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you kind words about our charming inn! We will be setting up the finishing touches on our fitness center soon and are very excited for it's completion. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and we are currently in the process of expanding our lounge menu as well.

Libertyville
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel was amazing. Great service, excellent food, and an amazing view. The hotel is on campus and a short walk to almost anywhere on campus and they have free loaner bikes if you don't feel like walking. They were setting up for a wedding when we were leaving and the views from the tent were stunning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank W7172XLstephenb
Dear Stephen B,

On behalf of the entire Sewanee Inn Team, we would like to thank you for your great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thought that the hotel was amazing!! We are also happy to hear that you found our service to be great and food selections to be excellent!!

Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Sewanee Inn is beautiful and comfortable. The common spaces are especially lovely and the staff are friendly. The room we stayed in was spacious and pretty and the beds were fairly comfortable. The complimentary bicycles are a nice touch. Coffee in the lobby was good and the parking is convenient.

Dear Dot2102014,

On behalf of the entire Sewanee Inn Team, We would like to thank you for your kind words about our charming inn. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy our complimentary bikes!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2014

A big welcome to the beautiful new Sewanee Inn. With the traditional mountain stonework, the Inn looks like it's been there a long time, but inside everything is new and up to date. The rooms are big and luxurious with wonderfully comfortable beds. Although the staff is still figuring some things out, they are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good and reasonably priced, although you don't want to miss the local favorites -- The Blue Chair and Julia's -- while you are there.
The location is perfect for visiting Sewanee. You can walk to the famous Shakerag Hollow hiking trail, as well as the University of the South campus, and the Inn provides free bikes, too. I enjoyed my room so much I added a third night to my stay.
The only downside is the spotty cellphone service, like many places on the mountain. Whether it's from the location or the stone walls, my service was spotty. Luckily the Inn has free wi-fi.

Room Tip: Don't get Room 114 next to the IT closet. There is a small hum. Rooms on the rear, overlooking t...