“better than expected”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Clarksville, Tennessee
“better than expected”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

cheap stay, not to many ementies but not bad for 2-3 star motel. They did not charge me late check out fee. Owner help me to jump start my car. Close downtown and Calsonic
Arena walking distance. Better than expected in small town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
abvinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Alex B,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am glad that we were able to help you with your car. We take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our guests!

Americas Best Value Inn-Shelbyville, TN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I went for family gateaway for horse festival. Small town with good people. Hotel staff friendly, nice rooms, looks like recently upgraded, kids liked pool. Good time with family for good price. I would be back next year...

Room Tip: good pool side view.
Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear JamesBen28,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, nice rooms, and view. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area!

East Glacier, Montana
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Good location relative to three whiskey distilleries, and fair-sized town with amenities. The hotel owner and his staff are very friendly and helpful with tourist information and directions. The rooms are clean and complete with all you need. Breakfast is okay. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MariaFolsom,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. We hope to see you again on your next visit!

Fort Walton Beach, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 12 December 2013

All the corners of the room had cobwebs. A dead bug was smooshed on the back of our door. The carpet puckered and you for sure wore shoes. We were there only to sleep, and that happened. I would have got a much better price if I'd have booked direct with them, and I will if there's ever a next time. Even if it's not with them, I will take the time to book direct with the next place I stay. The manager of Americas Best Value was most professional and courteous. My only complaint is how run down the rooms are getting, and the breezeways. The trash cans are all broken on top, no place to put out cig butts. Not enough people care about that anymore. I'm done now, but if they want to be called Americas Best Value, then they are a JOKE to America. We are such JOKERS, haha laugh at USA

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Corri W
Dear Corri W,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in 2013. Please know that we are now under new management and are planning to do some renovations in 2014 and beyond. We hope that you choose to stay with us again or at another one of our locations across the Country.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The place seems pretty good when viewed on line, but we arrived to a fairly decent looking room. We then found out that the pool was not functional. After spending one night and waking with several bug bites we started investigating room and found bedbugs on the mattress. I took the bug to the front desk and checked out!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank trouble408
Dear trouble 408,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally apologize for the issues you experienced with us in 2013. Although we do have a swimming pool, we have not opened it for the past few years and do not advertise it as being included with the room. Regarding bedbugs, we do have a licensed company treat our rooms each month. As you know, bedbugs are a problem across the Country. I am once again sorry for the negative experience.

Magee, Mississippi
Reviewed 23 June 2013

we stayed here this weekend and the staff was very friendly, our room was very clean and we felt very safe. this was the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in, there wasn't any doors slamming or loud music. I guess all in all you could say that it was very family friendly. we plan on staying there again in a couple of weeks!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Tina H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Sorry for taking so long to respond. I am glad that you stayed with us in 2013. As you know, there are many choices for travelers these days. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stay away! Dirty old and smelly beds are cheap and mildew smelling.

I would ask for my money back but simply had no other place lined up.

Bathroom was filthy and I did not shower, I went to my engagement washed in a filling station rest room

• Stayed December 2012
abvinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear MrPride,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. My apologies for not responding sooner. I am very concerned about the issues you had mentioned. Please know that all complaints are taken seriously and the appropriate action taken. Please contact me directly as I would like to discuss the matter further with you. We would like another opportunity to show you that our staff and services are up to standard.

James-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Shelbyville, TN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
EconoLodge Inn & Suites of Shelbyville
Best Western Celebration Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Shelbyville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Tullahoma
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!