“Great B&B, Even better host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Signal Mountain
Old Towne Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My wife and I decided to vacation in our own town, Chattanooga, TN. The kids were gone for the weekend and we decided to go for a little mini date. We wanted to spend the night somewhere a little different than a basic hotel. We found ourselves at Old Towne B&B. We were very happy with our choice. We found the B&B to be very inviting and comfortable. We stayed in the bedroom that was located on the main level. It has it's own balcony that also has a hot tub. The bed was comfortable.( I generally choose to sleep on soft beds, this one was more firm, but not so much that I woke up with a bad back ache.) My wife and I both felt well rested. While the house is very nice, what made the stay even nicer was Earl and Susan ( the owners). They have balanced the act of being a gracious and accomadating host, yet allowing you to have your own space. The breakfast was amazing. The variety of food just kept coming and coming. The host were also very helpful with suggestions of local activities. All in all, the 3 best things about the B&B for us were; 1) Great host, 2) Great sitting porches, both the new one on the front and the private one off our room, 3) Great breakfast. - My wife and I have no hesitation in recommending this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob E

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was a spur of the moment getaway for us. As it was for a Saturday night, hotels in downtown Chattanooga were booked so I started looking a bit further away. Sorry to say, I had never heard of Signal Mountain, TN, but I know it now and will never forget it. The owners of the B&B were very gracious hosts and the evening stroll around the historic district was absolutely beautiful. Most the homes were built around 1920 and it is obvious the owners all take great pride in maintaining these beautiful homes & gardens. The B&B was comfortable and the owners treated us like family. Highly recommend, but I wouldn't take small children for fear they would break or ruin some of the many very valuable art pieces or someone who cannot climb stairs to the bedrooms. Breakfast was delicious, and the owner's recommendation to eat dinner at GinGins was superb and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gatormomcubed
Reviewed 16 October 2011

My husband and I had a fantastic stay at the Old Towne B&B!! We were celebrating our 20th anniversary and were treated like family!! Susan and Earl are very hospitable while giving you full privacy during your stay. The food was also delicious!! Will definitely stay here again!! (And don't forget to see the amazing scenery just a short walk from the home)

Room Tip: We stayed in the upstairs room with balcony and private bath. Loved it!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 5Richs
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I continue to stay at this delightful b&b whenever I visit Signal Mountain, at least twice a year. Everything I said in my previous review remains true: the rooms are comfortable, the furnishings are charming, the food is delicious, the hosts are outstanding. This year, I had last minute travel plans which caused me to extend my visit by a couple of nights. Of course, they already were booked, October being a good tourist season in the area. Instead of just telling me they were sorry, however, Susan & Earl went to great trouble to find me rooms for those two extra nights, finding me a place nearby for one night, then moving me back to a room at their place for the second one. I was extremely impressed by the effort they put into insuring that I would have a place to stay. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend Old Towne!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DellyBear
Reviewed 10 October 2007

Wonderful time at this delightful and charming oasis on Signal Mountain, TN. Was on Signal Mtn for business and the Old Towne B&B location was a perfect place to stay for convenience and charm.

The facilities are very lovely, personalized and cozy, every amenity considred and the breakfast was a pampering experience! Earl and Susan went far beyond the expected in showing us great care and making sure every our every need was considered. We have already recommended this B&B to several other buisness associates.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed 22 July 2007

From the warm welcome when you walk in the front door to the lovely views from the windows to the inviting and spacious bedrooms to the divine breakfast, this will be your favorite B&B east of the Mississippi. It's one of my favorites, nationwide. After you check in, treat yourself to a walk down to Signal Point. Or if you're travel weary, just walk around this beautiful historic neighborhood. At dark you can unwind in the hot tub. Or choose a movie from the large collection located in the upstairs hallway. You might want to curl up in bed with one of the old classics found on the bookshelves. Or you can choose a contemporary novel or a book of inspiration or one of dozens of magazines. There is something for everyone. You'll be serenaded to sleep by the frogs and the crickets. You can have breakfast in the lovely dining room downstairs or if you prefer, upstairs beside a window looking down into the front yard garden. I'll bet you'll leave Old Towne B&B renewed and looking forward to your next visit. I sure did! Louise Mann, Fayetteville, Arkansas

2  Thank Traveling86
Reviewed 15 June 2007

We love Old Towne Bed and Breakfast and have visited at least six times now. We have family in the area and it has been by far the most pleasant retreat in the Chattanooga/Signal Mountain area. Susan's fine linens, antiques, gardens, and water pond are heavenly. Earl cooks a wonderful breakfast and we love to sit out on the porch with the paper and listen to the water pond and birds. They have been accommodating in every way and we highly recommend this extremely charming and peaceful B&B.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Swanlake8212

Been to Old Towne Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!