The Old Hall Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Little Downham Anchor(Little Downham)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Worlington Hall(Mildenhall)
View Hotel
The Black Horse Inn(Swaffham Bulbeck)
View Hotel
All reviewswedding venueely cathedralb btea and cakelog firestay overnightbeautiful buildingon arrivalare plenty of places to eatbaked beansfeel extremely welcomesuperb foodwonderful weddingamazing locationhuge roomwine glasseswedding reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I spent a wonderful night in The Old Hall while we were visiting Ely and the surrounding area, and I truly regretted that we hadn't booked for longer. The room was magnificent with a very comfortable bed and pillow, the public spaces were beautifully furnished, the views were outstanding, and the breakfast was amazing. Anthony, our host was very helpful in guiding our day, rain notwithstanding. A lovely spot and highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

A group of 12 of us went to the New Years Eve dinner. The staff were exceptional. they were polite, delivered excellent service, leaving you feeling nothing would be too much trouble. The food was faultless (between us we had every choice available) with all the diners on our table each receiving each of the courses simultaneously, so no one was left waiting while others tucked in, which was very impressive. The wine was reasonably priced as were the bar drinks. The meal cost was very good value given the quality. The only potential issue would be the walk from the car park/taxi drop off point and the walk from the reception drinks to the dining marquee. Both required a short walk in the open, with the ladies dressed in their finessed and the gents in their DJ's - rain would of caused havoc, fortunately we had dry weather when undertaking these walks. Overall highly recommended and would certainly go again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrandMrsICHBI
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We attended the New Years Eve Party at the Old Hall at Stuntney with friends ( we fancied pushing the boat out and doing something more upmarket than in previous years) Upmarket it certainly was, we were greeted on arrival with a free glass of bubbly and enjoyed looking around the reception room with a huge real log fire.
We eventually moved into the bar area where very efficient and friendly staff served us.
From here we moved to function area ( a marquee ) not like any other marquee we had been in. Beautifully decorated with double glazed sides from where in daylight you enjoy the views of Ely Cathederal, our table for eight was spacious, and the food served by the very efficient staff was fantastic ( menu choice was pretty limited and pre- ordered, but I guess it's the only way to serve a big gathering efficiently ) after the meal the dance floor was made available to the party.
Whilst the price at £66 per head could be viewed as expensive, we all felt for the quality of food, the surroundings and service received that it was good value.
There is every chance that we will be back there again next year, and would be happy to recommend the venue to anyone that is tired of the normal, and wants to experience life at the next level.

Well done the Old Hall

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank sohamboy
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Our company Christmas party for 120 guests was held at the Old Hall last week and we all agreed it was the best we have ever had. All the staff were extremely professional, yet friendly and helpful. Alex did a fantastic job in organising the whole event for us and catered for our exact needs. The food quality was excellent and presented superbly. The marquee looked just as good as the photos on their web site and the disco was great, good selection of music and great light show.

Some guests stayed overnight and enjoyed tea and cake on arrival, a comfy night in one of the sumptuous rooms and a lovely full English breakfast the next morning.

Altogether the night was almost perfect. It just didn't last long enough!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Old Hall for a wedding recently. We are local but wanted a treat, and I would most definitely recommend it! The room was spacious and yet cosy as the nights get colder, and the bathroom was literally the best bathroom I have ever been in (and I never knew I could get passionate about a bathroom!). We were looked after really well and I tried both of the breakfasts on offer (over two days I hasten to add) and can recommend them both. I have recommended the Old Hall to friends and family, local and far afield, as I just think everyone should have at least one night's experience there! I look forward to coming again for a wedding in August 2014. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013