“Pay a Price for Ambience”
Review of Evins Mill

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithville
Evins Mill
Ranked #1 of 1 Smithville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here for a wedding. The staff was wonderful but honestly I felt it was overrated and overpriced. It was very difficult to get anyone on the phone to handle the reservation. They were kind of dissmissive like they were doing me a favor handling my calls.The food was good but nothing special. The room was comfortable but not luxurious.
Be prepared for lots of steps and the ladies room is in the basement. I could not believe it!
They put the men's room on the same floor as the dining area and obviously they had a bathroom for staff. I found this totally ridiculous. The scenery is probably great for that part of the state but I prefer East Tennessee.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank emazon2000

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I spent one night there and were in awe from the moment we walked in the door. The staff was excellent and attentive and we were made to feel like we were the only ones there. Both trails were fun to hike and the waterfalls were beautiful. Lastly, the food was excellent. Definately worth the money and we will be going back again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia W
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I spent the past weekend here and had a wonderful stay and just about 1 1/2 hours from Nashville. We planned to stay Saturday night but was able to get away Friday night. We called that evening and they gave us the last room and we were able to join them for dinner. We felt welcomed with open arms. We had wonderful meals for dinner and breakfast both days and on Saturday we picked up an incredible picnic to take with us as we explored Edgar Evins State Park(a short drive). We loved that the atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed. Resort casual is the dress for the dining room. We walked a short hike to Carmac Falls, which is stunning, both days. We relaxed on the porch swings and enjoyed the sounds of Fall Creek nearby. The room was comfortable and each has private accessibility which is a nice feature. I have not stopped talking about it since we got back. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: There are some rooms that accommodate 2 and some up to 4. The bigger ones have vaulted ceilings and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margee B
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I recently spent a night at Evins Mill with friends. While it was cool and drizzly outside, we were warm and cozy. the food was amazing and exceeded everyone's expectations. Everyone said how great they slept. I can't wait to go back and explore the grounds further -- it was so relaxing - I will be back with family soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicis1
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We so enjoyed our accommodations and retreat this last week at Evins Mill. Our board retreat consists of Hotel Catering managers, business owners and the like in the hospitality arena. The grounds, the rooms, the meeting space, THE FOOD, oh my the food. The BEST Duck I have ever eaten in my life. So moist inside, crispy outside. Nothing like breaking bread with friends, in front of a fireplace enjoying some great food and drink.

Go here for a get away, go here for a retreat with your businesses, but just go here! The sound of the running water outside and the peacefulness of the estate is so worth a short 70 mile drive from Nashville.

The staff was so accommodating, especially for one of our attendees that is gluten free. They really went out of their way to make the whole event special. Thank you, We will be back.

Michael King
Owner Monell's Restaurants and Catering Production Company
President - Nashville NACE - National Association for Catering & Events

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TnMonells
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had such a nice experience at Evins Mill. Spent two nights there through Thanksgiving. The food was delicious, the staff friendly, and the hikes amazing! The rooms are cozy and rustic. Ours overlooked a waterfall and the view was awesome. We plan to return in the spring.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bobbie J
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed for one night, and hope to go back the next time we're in the area. The dinner they served was excellent, as was the breakfast served the next morning. They even packed a box lunch for us to take along as we headed for home the next day. The grounds were quite scenic, though anyone with mobility issues should do a bit of research, as there are lots of steps to negotiate. They have quite a nice facility, and complement that with a very well trained staff. It all made for an excellent stay.

Room Tip: If you don't handle inclines and stairs well, ask for a room nearer the main lodge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark_from_Knoxville

Been to Evins Mill? Share your experiences!