“Doesn't resemble the web site at all.”
Review of White Possum

White Possum
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Smithville
Cuisines: American
Nashville, Tennessee
“Doesn't resemble the web site at all.”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were off to the Smithville area for the day to visit the lake, and the Tennessee Tech Craft Center, so I looked up restaurants in the area for a nice lunch with my wife. I came across the White Possum Grille online and their web site and menu made it look inviting. Wrong. As we soon found out, there is not much in "historic" downtown Smithville; you know something isn't right when the county jail is literally on the town square, and the prison yard within eye shot of the square. The White Possum Grille is just off the square, and easy to find. The sad thing is that the web site and their menu is not a fair representation of what you get. The pictures on their web site lead you to believe one thing and when you get there you see something much different. The waitresses were very nice young girls, and no problem with the wait staff. Our chicken sandwiches were just ok. Not worth the effort to find this place.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Riversburg

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Trailer Park”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Typical of small town "Seafood Restaurants". The average price per meal was $10 plus drinks, the "crab legs" were $20, the servers (teenage girls) had no idea what utensils went with seafood. The service is awful, the food is served cold, and late. (Noticed the locals got there food first). The menu has no drink selection, at lunch time they were "just ran out" of 3 of the four side dishes. $100 & we stopped at a fast food place right afterwords because the kids were starving. My bet is that anyone who gives this place a good rating, is either a local, or has no idea what a restaurant is supposed to be like. One of those bucket list items, you regret....

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Cynthea G
Charleston, South Carolina
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was one of the worst dining experiences I've had. First off, I must mention that I was in a party of 12 and it was a Friday. BUT, the service was awful, the food wasn't served at the same time and the orders were wrong, there was zero customization to the menu and the prices were incredibly for the quality. We waited over an hour for our meals as well.

DO NOT EAT HERE!!!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank vtbrooklyn04
Liberty, TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We always thoroughly enjoy our meal when we get to eat at the White Possum Grille. The food is so good that my mouth waters when I think of the beef teryaki I had the first time I was there. The menu is so packed with good meals, it will take quite a few visits before we get to try all the choices we like! It is a great place to take friends or family, whether you are celebrating and want a special meal, or just out for a bite to eat. If you go out on Friday night, try to get there before the crowd!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank AnneThiel
Nashville, Tennessee
“Girls night out!!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Went here with two friends and we had a wonderful time. The food was good and the service great. The fried pickles were awesome!! and so was the spinach dip, for starters. I had the Moonshiner steak and it was tender and delicious. Well, be going back and taking my family.

• Visited May 2013