“Nice and new, with clean modern lines and upscale decor.”

Comfort Suites Smyrna
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed 20 May 2011

A hard surface (granite?) black and brown speckled shower enclosure and window sill sets off the long and narrow rooms with the high ceilings. Though the blue lights in the lobby look a little eery, the rooms are quiet and clean, and appear to be more on the level of a Fairfield Inn and Suite or a Hilton than a Hampton Inn. The waffles on the breakfast bar were good as was the Fruit Loops and whole milk. The orange juice was better than average. The staff was friendly and helpful when we accidentally left our camera battery and charger plugged into the room's wall socket and had to go back and get it. Overall next time we won't look at the Hampton or Fairfield or even Hilton. This place is just our style and more than met our needs.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 May 2011

This was a fairly new hotel when we stayed there, so it was very clean. The room was quiet and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed that I have ever slept on. There were also a wide selection of restaurants just up the street. You do have to drive to them, though because they are across a couple busy streets.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Wow... I've read a few of the other reviews on here, and I'm just blown away. Me and my family had an AWESOME experience here. We stayed here back in the summer and had a great room with ALL amenities at a great price, and the staff was very friendly. We had such a good experience that we decided to book the same hotel for our Thanksgiving week as well. We had a really clean room, clock radio, iron, iron-board, TV, clean towels, and the water was so hot it would steam coming out of the faucet. The Decor is very up to date, it's absolutely beautiful. As far as breakfast goes, we never ate the breakfast there so I can't comment on that, I did grab some fruit on the way out, it was delicious. We've tried the Hampton and Fairfield Inn on the same strip. But the Comfort Suites definately gave us the most bang for our buck. And, I love my Hampton Hotels but I would stay at the Comfort Suites in smyrna again in a heartbeat. In my opinion, I think the people that stayed here and had all the problems may have stayed when the Hotel was new and all the "bugs" weren't quite worked out yet. But I tell ya, we was there a week ago and it was ONE OF THE BEST HOTEL STAYS EVER!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2010

This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in (from 2star category to 7 star). My company uses the Choice Hotel brand hotels and the travel agency my company uses booked with this Comfort Suites and was very glad they did because I had a wonderful stay. The atmosphere created, (by whoever did the interior designing..very attention to detail...almost private boutique hotel feel in Manhattan..only fraction of cost!!!) satisfaction and pleasure in mind for all ages. The service was also magnificent. Nice friendly staff. The hotel also has a complimentary full hot breakfast and free parking and wifi access all which you would not receive in a full service hotel. The room's ameneties were completely all upgraded i.e. comfortable pillow top beds, beautiful bathrooms, in room coffee, personal closet space, beautiful window draperies, details I would even choose in my own home! Any hotel that goes this far in providing for their guest definitely had the "guest" satisfaction in mind. Leaves you feeling spoiled at the end of the stay! I recommend to everyone, fortunately I have no enemies (and hope to never have one) but if I did, would even recommend to them! God Bless!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2010

it may look good and new but that is a lie! Half the rooms don't have tvs or irons. they dont wash the conforters and the sheets have spots with them. once i saw one of the housekeepers clean the whole room using the pillow cases and the dirty towels! the carpets look like they have never been cleaned before! the bathrooms are falling apart and i was scared to use the bathroom!!!!!! and lets talk about the beds nasty beds i had to put towels i brought from the store to sleep on the bed and when i left i threw the towels away! I WOULDN'T SAY AT THAT STINKY , DISGUSTING , OVERPRICED,, RAT INFESTED CHEAP MOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I did a block at this hotel for my wedding that was October 10. We had family and friends to come from several different places across the U.S. and they were disappointed with their accomodations. The hotel mgr, Tia and I had been working together for the few months before their arrival to ensure that everything was where it should be. Before setting up the hotel block, I did a room inspection with Tia and also decided on a rate of $85/night. When my guests called in to set up their reservations they were given a rate of $89/night.I called and spoke to her and she told me she would correct it. Again it took several phone calls to her to have this corrected. When our guests arrived about 95% who had reserved rooms were given keys to rooms that had either no television or no iron and ironing board, some of them didn't have either. One of my guest was given a key to a room with an iron and ironing board and was told that she could iron in that room. She did not apologize for the error. When they decided to not stay there because of the fact the she was rude and did not try to correct the error, they wanted to have their money refunded. Tia refused to refund the money and she and I all but argued so eventually gave the money back. In the process of refunding the money she tore up all of the receipts so there would not be a record. I was very disappointed with the service of this hotel. I expected much more. The presentation of the hotel was awesome. The look was very trendy and relaxed. I will never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. Oh yeah did I mention this all happened the day before my wedding??!?!?!? Please stay far away from this hotel. Go to the Hampton Inn a couple of blocks down....that is what my family did!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bride1010
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel and my two night weekend stay was perfect. My room was super clean and the bedding was great. The staff was very nice and helpful. I had a great experience. The room was large and the decor is upscale and fresh. The bathroom had plenty of fresh towels and the pool was the perfect place for me to unwind in the evening. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo