“Location, Value for money and most of all Service!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This marriott property is well located right off the interstate on the main road of Smyrna within literally 5 minutes drive of EVERYTHING you could need from restaurants and shops to medical care. Not only that but there's a restaurant chain property that shares the parking lot with the hotel that you can actually walk to which is not that common. The rooms are standard for this brand and very well maintained but what will blow your socks off is the SERVICE from the welcome at the front desk to the personalized letter in your room to the sculpted swans on your bed....NOT TYPICAL for this brand. I had a blown entry way bulb and it was fixed by the time I got back to the room from work that evening no issues as it should be. They are personable, friendly, responsive and I will DEFINITELY STAY There again..

Room Tip: I always like a higher floor in case theres any foot noise above you...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We welcome feedback and appreciate your comments very much. We are so delighted to hear your visit with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites was such a wonderful experience. We strive to ensure that each and every guest feels very welcome. Having a restaurant within walking distance of our hotel is very convenient for our guests as is our location on the interstate near a variety of restaurants and retail stores within a 5 mile radius. Our location is great for travelers!
We strive to maintain our property and having guests like you who inform us of any issues such as burned our light bulbs during extended stays helps us to do a better job. It is our pleasure to have addressed your issue in such a timely manner. This and the other services we provide are very typical of our hotel! We’re happy to have exceeded your expectations, and we look forward to your next visit.
Bhavini

Reviewed 6 February 2012

The staff is the best here. I travel for a living and this is the best hotel in the area. I have been staying at this location 4 nights a month for the past 2 years. I have never had any problems.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Mr. David,
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy traveling schedule to complement our hotel and our staff members! We appreciate you and your business, and we’re pleased that you believe our hotel is the best in the area. As a Platinum Elite Member of our Marriott Rewards program, you know our hotel very well and your comments mean a great deal to us. Please let us know if we are able to do anything to make you feel at home during your travels.
Bhavini

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Traveling for a living is tuff. But when you experience such a friendly and comfortable hotel it makes it a home like enviorment. My team has working 2nd shift and sleeping in is no problem. We leave the hotel around noon and they have our rooms cleaned and freshened up so when we come "home" after a hard days work we can climb in to bed and get a good nights rest.

Room Tip: If your looking for a friendly staff and great rates look into staying at this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Mr. Couturier,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your comments. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we are delighted that the staff was able to work around your work schedule during your stay. We strive to ensure that each and every guest feels welcome and at home, and it is our norm to go above and beyond for our guests. We’re very pleased to receive such positive feedback about the staff. We look forward to your continue loyalty during your project and are here to accommodate your needs.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

This hotel is very friendly. We walked in and felt like home. Everyone was so helpful. The GM (can't spell her name - Beveni) was able to assist us with needs that we had and she went above and beyond. The breakfast lady (Julie) was so sweet. She took our plates and pored us coffee, . Mina left us a not in the room and we also had a note from the Head houskeeper and GM. Nice touch. We will be back.

Room Tip: Breakfast was the best. They have a great grab and go.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

We are so delighted to hear that your visit with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites was such a wonderful experience! We strive to ensure that each and every guest feels welcome and at home, and it is our norm to go above and beyond for our guests. We’re very pleased to receive such positive feedback about Julie and Mina! They are a great part of staff! We’re also happy that you appreciate the notes we left in your room - it is always nice to know that the special touches are noticed. Your compliments about our complimentary breakfast are appreciated as well. We always offer our guests a wide variety of freshly-made breakfast foods to choose from.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

we had a great stay. we enjoyed the spa, pool fitness room and breakfast everyday. the staff were extremely courteous and helpful. I needed to send and receive a fax and the staff was very patient and helpful.
We also had a package delivered and the staff held it until we arrived.
nashville is a great town with a rich history of music and civil rights.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Mrs. Barker,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your comments. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we are delighted that the staff was able to assist you with your fax and package delivery during your stay. It is very typical of our staff members to help our guests with any needs they may have. We’re also delighted to hear that you enjoyed Nashville so much – we agree that it is a great city with many things to do and see! We encourage our guests to view the “Visitors’ Guide” on our website and check out all of the exciting things to do in Nashville. Our hotel is in a great location for anyone visiting the area!
We all wish you the best of luck with your move and unpacking. If you are in the area again, we would love to accommodate you.
Best of Luck,

Reviewed 16 January 2012

The ataff was excellent, the room very nice and clean. Coming into Tennessee from the North, we didn't find a welcome center to get a coupon book. Traveling to Florida each winter, we look for bargains. This was not a bargain and entering Florida, all sorts of Fairfield Inns had coupons for as much as $30.00 off what we paid. I was told at checkin they wouldn't have coupons anyway. Now, for the bad thing. The out of date heating/cooling system was so noisy and intermittent that sleeping was nil! Heard same complaint from another couple at breakfast next morning. But, if you want the best free breakfast, none better! They even had breakfast burriots, breakfast hotdogs, along with fruit cups and the usual breakfast fare. So, if they ever replace their h/c system, we'd stop again.

Room Tip: Top floor at least 2 rooms away from the elevator
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We take our guests’ feedback very seriously and we appreciate being notified of what areas we can improve upon. I sincerely apologize for your dissatisfactory experience with the heating and cooling system at our hotel. This situation has been addressed with our maintenance staff.

Thank you for your compliments on our breakfast. We are happy to offer our guests a wide variety of complimentary breakfast items to choose from. This is just one example of what we do to take great care of our guests. Once again, I am very sorry that we did not offer you the experience that you expected and deserved. It would be appreciated if you would be able to contact us directly to further discuss. Thank you again and we look forward to your call as well as your next visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

December 26 - 27, 2011

Traveling to see daughter, son-in-law, and grandson.

My wife and I chose Fairfield suites in Smyrna because she likes to swim.

We previiously put our whole Michigan family at this Fairfield for a summer wedding and used Marriott Execu-stay for a week in Smyrna.

My wife called the hotel before we arrived to be sure she would be able to allow our grandson to swim. No problem.

But after we checked in, she went to the pool and was told the heaters were broken. It was too cold to swim. No offer to take a few dollars off the bill, or to offer some bonus points.

Then, after our second night, my wife went to car to go get some Starbucks and found our car window had been smashed out and personal things stolen. I went to the front desk to report it. The girl was friendly but said she was new and would have to wait for the manager to come in. I told her I was going to call the police then.

I called police, the break-in was investigated. I reported to the manager, Bahvinni, later in the day that the broken glass needed to be swept up in the parking lot. She was friendly and said she was sorry this happened to us and that she would contact police with security video tapes.

So, we had to find a place to get a new car window, rent a car, and stay another night. If a guest of mine had his car broken into on my property, I'd offer him a room to stay in while his car was being repaired.

Fairfield Smyrna offered nothing except, "I'm sorry that happened to you."

24 hours after we reported the break in to the front desk, and the next day after I told Manager Bahvinni about the broken glass in the parking lot ... it was still there in the parking lot for other guests to drive on.

In the morning, all we got was a receipt/bill under our room door for full credit card charges. So, we just moved on. This property did not seem like a Marriott brand - I've always been treated so well at Marriott brands.

It's not about the money. We stayed there as guests. Our car was broken into while parked in their dimly lit parking lot. The pool heater was broken and we weren't told until we checked in.

Even if they had offerred some Marriott rewards points - anything - I would have soon forgotten the incidents.

Again, I love Marriott brands, but this hotel, did not seem like a Marriott brand to me. Not un-friendly - just un-Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave W
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Again, I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience with a theft on our property. Our Front Desk Representative did report the incident to me as soon as I came in, and I immediately took all steps necessary to contact you and report the incident to local authorities. I contacted the police (as well as our Corporate Office Regional Director) to report this, and I submitted our security camera video tapes to the police and have kept them on file for additional reports to be made. Guest safety is our number one priority, and we are working with our local police department to further investigate this situation and ensure that all steps are taken to prevent this from occurring in the future.

I appreciate your report of the broken glass, and I am very sorry that this was not taken care of in a timelier manner. Our Regional Director addressed this issue the very next day and the glass was disposed of by our maintenance staff.

As for the incident itself, crimes do periodically occur in public places, and sometimes they cannot be prevented no matter what precautions are taken. Legally, we are not responsible for articles lost or stolen on our premises. (This is per Marriott regulations.)

As we mentioned to you before you left our hotel, we are more than happy to give you 5,000 Marriott Rewards points as well as a complimentary night’s stay. We have mailed you a voucher for your free night and hope that you will return to see that our hotel upholds our Marriott Promise and delivers an exceptional level of customer service to all of our guests every day.

To address the pool issue: we expected the heaters to be working when your wife called to make her reservation – the pool part that needed to be replaced was installed before your party arrived at our hotel. Unfortunately, replacing this part did not fix the broken heating system entirely – a second part needed to be replaced before the pool could heat to a warmer temperature, which we did not know at the time your reservation was made. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

If there is anything else we can do for you to make this better, I encourage you to please return my phone calls.