“A Hotel in process of renovation”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
ALSIP
“A Hotel in process of renovation”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is in the process of remodeling its rooms and breakfast area. The hotel staff has been very accommodating during the process. They have provided snacks for their guests every day and have always been very pleasant. The hotel is next to an O'Charlies Restaurant and there are several more restaurants on Sam Ridley Parkway.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a King bed if you are traveling by yourself of with a mate. Higher floors have le...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GM1001, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you so much for the nice compliments. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. And you are right, our location is the best. Nestled here off Sam Ridley Parkway gives us access to many restaurants along with shopping. Please stop and see us again on your next trip to Smyrna TN.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I selected this hotel due to the fact that I was going to the April 12th Blackhawks vs Predators game. I wanted to skip the downtown Nashville traffic the next morning.

I went to the hotel and was greeted by Tricia. She is a very friendly receptionist who made my stay more pleasant. I got a ground floor room near the parking area.

The room has lots of room and had plenty of lighting. The bed had lots of pillows and was very comfortable since I slept good. There were lots of tv stations too. I took advantage of the complimentary breakfast the next day.

The Smyrna area has lots of shopping and dining opportunities and the Fairfield hotel is very convenient to them

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GM1001, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you so much for the nice compliment. We are very pleased to know your stay was an enjoyable one. We strive daily to provide exceptional customer service to all our guests. I can't tell you how excited the staff was when I read your comments in our meeting this morning. Being that we are just a few minutes from downtown for a game or from the outlets mall in Murfreesboro, the hotel makes a great venue for location and price. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Smyrna TN. GO PREDS! -General Manager, Michelle S
Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had a two night stay at this property. The renovation was about complete but there was still a lot going on, especially in the lobby area. The work did not interfere with the guest experience.
The staff at this property just amazed us with their great attitudes. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff everybody was very friendly and we got a lot of smiles.
The hotel is conveniently located with a OCharleys next door and a Cracker Barrel across the road.
The rooms were clean and everything was in working order.
The complimentary breakfast was relocated to a couple of guest rooms but was quite adequate. We thought that all the food looked great- nice eggs, sausage, bisquite and gravy, cereal and waffles.
We will be making this property our hotel of choice when we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GM1001, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna was enjoyable one. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. Looking forward to your next trip to Smyrna TN! See you soon!
Tennessee
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice, contemporary, hotel in a convenient location just off I-24 in Smyrna, TN. Great service, nice staff. Renovations still ongoing but did not impact our stay. O'Charley's restaurant next door. Cracker Barrel/Ruby Tuesday across highway. Close to Target and other shopping.

• Stayed March 2014
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
We thank you very much for such positive feedback. We strive to make every stay at our hotel a great experience for everyone and are so happy to hear when guest like yourself had a wonderful stay. Thank you very much from all of us here at the hotel we do appreciate it.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My family and I had to take a last minute trip for a funeral and were in need of a hotel room. The desk clerk that answered the phone was very friendly and immediately booked us a room. Upon arriving we were immediately greeted and received our keys. The gentleman behind the desk was very helpful with recommendations as to what restaurants were around the hotel. The rooms were very spacious and the bed was comfortable. Can't wait to come back when the renovations are complete. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I wanted to personally thank you for taking your valuable time to send in your comments. We truly value your comments and will be very excited to have you come back and see the completed renovations. The rooms are complete now and we should have the lobby area complete by the end of March. Thank you very much for your kind words.
wantagh,
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We booked our rooms last minute, we were driving from NY to Memphis and we were too tired to finish the trip. The hotel is under construction, which is not the worst,as long as the bed is comfortable (the bed was not bad). The pool was just turned on, according to the manager on call, so it was cold (again not bad). What bothered me was the water fountain(that my child drank out of) which was the color of diluted milk with chunks of white about 4mm in size coming out of it. My son drank from it, before he told me. I told the desk clerk about it so others would not drink from it.
Then we settled into our room. My daughter asked if "this is normal?!?" There was black mold slime embedded in the ice cubes they got from the ice machine. I sort of understood, again, the construction. I brought the ice cube down to show the clerk.
The last straw to my evening was the incredibly rude HS students who were staying above me. They were jumping/dancing above me. I went to the floor above me, and asked them to be quiet. I then went down to the lobby (again) and told them of the situation. As I was telling the clerk, two teenagers came to the lobby to say I said the "hell" word. If all of the previous events did not come to fruition, I might not have said that (I still think I said heck, but i was Very upset from the lack of support). The clerk did not support me, tell the kids to be quiet, or ANYTHING! I was reprimanded from the clerk for going upstairs. If you heard a LOT of noise upstairs, what you would have done?!?!
!
I WOULD NOT HAVE proceeded to stop at this hotel if I had known what this stop would have meant. I have been a loyal Marriott customer for decades, but I am upset from the lack of effort and the many excuses.

Stayed February 2014
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Ms. Schlopper,
I wanted to personally reach out and apologize to you for the bad experience you encountered at our hotel. I really am sorry we were under construction during your stay. We are striving very hard to still make every stay with us an exceptional experience and I am sorry to hear that yours was less than expected. I am very sorry that there was some loud guest above you and would love the opportunity to make this up to you. If you can reach out to myself I would be happy to try and make this up to you. I hope you will return after we have completed the renovations and you can see our completed renovations so we can give you all the upscale service you deserve.
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The room was very nice, clean, etc.

The breakfast was awful
You can make waffles, but the batter is terrible
There were fried eggs that resembled water and were unedible
Fruit was dried up, impossible to eat
The coffee was ok

THere is also a pool and jukuzzi, but it was closed for repairs

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your room. I also want to thank you for bringing the other issues to our attention. This feedback was very helpful and I want to assure you that your issues have been addressed. We are dedicated to making sure that the hotel exceeds our guest’s expectations in all aspects. The breakfast has recently been upgraded and there is now a breakfast attendant that makes sure that all of the food is fresh and well prepared and is available during all breakfast hours should a guest have any needs. We take your feedback very seriously and I apologize that your experience did not meet the standards that we strive for. Thank you for your review and I hope that you will come stay with us again and that we can exceed your expectations on your next visit.