“One of the best hotel stays I've ever had!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
New York
“One of the best hotel stays I've ever had!”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Everything was perfect! My entire stay was filled with friendly smiles from great people. I stayed at the Fairfield for several days on a business trip and enjoyed the free cookies and popcorn each evening. From the comfortable bed, jacuzzi tub and fast wifi my business trip went a lot smoother than planned. thanks fairfield!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
GeneralManager810, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, 15 June 2010
Thank you so much for your kind response. We truly make guest service our number one priority each and every day here at the Fairfield. Weekly I read our reviews to my entire staff and to know how pleased our guest's are with us really motivates us to excel in great hospitality. Thank you again for your response and we'll make sure to have some warm cookies and hot popcorn when you return back here to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Smyrna TN!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Knoxville
Reviewed 9 April 2009

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Smyrna, TN from April 2-5. During my stay, my college class ring was removed from a zipper pocket in my luggage. I contacted the Inn personnel over the past three days (5 time), with each person promising to return my call. None did. I called today and was told they could find no ring. I understand that they are probably not responsible for valuables left unattended in one’s room, so that is my fault. I am active duty military and will not be staying at this location again nor will I recommend anyone I know staying at this location. Their staff’s failure to contact me and to some extend avoidance of the situation is truly unprofessional and should not be tolerated.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
atlanta
Reviewed 29 November 2008

We called to make a reservation on our way here. They promised us joining rooms but when we got there they couldn't comply with that.
The rooms were terrible!! They smell like well - kitty litter. Ours wasn't as bad as the kids but still not good. The air conditioner rattled the whole room. It was not very clean either.
We stayed literally fifteen minutes. We found a much better hotel across the street that met every need we had and more.
Read the reviews on this hotel. Other hotels are the same price or cheaper and don't smell or have rotten service.

• Liked — Wireless Service
  • Disliked — Absolutely everything else especially service.
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
tn
Reviewed 26 October 2006

i was very plesed with the room. it was very clean comfortable bed and a nice spa room. every one was very friendly. this was our first stay in this hotel. it was very enjoyable. i would stay again. thanks

• Liked — spa and the king bed it was great and next door a good place to eat
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — just enjoy
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
Crystal Lake, IL
Reviewed 2 September 2006

Based on reading a couple of the previous posts, I didn't have very high expectations here. What we found, however, was a clean, well maintained property providing high quality and comfortable accomodations. Some travellers may find this location to be a bit "far afield", but its still only about a twenty minute drive to downtown....and about ten minutes to the airport.
There's an O'Charley's restaurant right next door, a Cracker Barrel and Ruby Tuesdays across the road and several other places right on the other side of the freeway.

We found no major negatives here, unless one counts the lack of shopping venues in the immediate area, and the moderate distance from downtown/attractions.

This hotel is a good execution of the Fairfield Inn formula. Travellers looking for luxury and extensive onsite facilities should go elsewhere. But for basic comfort and value, this is a fine choice.

• Liked — Quality and value
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cyberdad
Deerfield, IL
Reviewed 4 May 2006

I am a frequent guest at Marriott properties and have stayed at numerous Fairfield Inns. It's not my favorite "value" brand, as the room sizes are typically smaller and the breakfast + amenities not as good as the competition, but at least they tend to be consistent.

This particular Fairfield is getting long in the tooth--especially compared to a major competitor ( I won't mention names) which opened across the street, next to Ruby Tuesday. That hotel has much newer and nicer looking rooms, a much larger and better breakfast area, and the quiet of concrete construction.

The Fairfield Inn at Smyrna has not upgraded to the new bedding package promised by Marriott, and the beds and linens show it. The rooms have an older decor but are kept clean, and staff here is friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is too small to accommodate more than a dozen or so guests at a time, and many guests end up taking some of the items (cereal, juice, pastry) to their rooms.

On the whole...this is strictly an "average" Fairfield Inn, and the brand is probably not keeping up with the competition in terms of room quality, amenities or breakfast. it's odd that the Fairfield Inn typically charges more than its new competitor. Wake up, Marriott!!

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank retro1959
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 July 2005

Fairly clean, nice staff. Stayed in the spa room. Big, clean. Mattress on bed a little worn. Continental Breakfast, but I did not partake of it. Looked good tho. Has a computer in the lobby if you want to check your e mail. Right next to an O'Charley's which gives you a 10% discount if you stay at Fairfield. Across the street from Cracker Barrell and Ruby Tuesday. Hotel small and good. Not great, not bad. Just a nice place to stay. Oh and has clean, but small indoor pool and jacuzzi.

• Stayed July 2005