“So fortunate!”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Morganton, North Carolina
“So fortunate!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

As an over-the-road truck driver who was out of legal driving hours, and in desperate need of a comfortable, warm night's rest, I feel fortunate to have found such incredible accommodations so close to my company's terminal in Lavergne, Tn. I have all the comforts of home in my condo-sleeper - TV, fridge, microwave, power inverter, etc. but the APU (auxiliary power unit) wasn't working. It was Saturday, and couldn't be fixed 'till Monday. Truck won't idle above 28 degrees since its equipped w/APU for heat and ac. My company has a contract with another choice hotel in Lavergne , but no rooms were available there. So, of course I was delighted to find a room at this location just before they filled up! However, there are other reasons I'm happy to give this location a very positive review: Beautiful, very clean and comfortable non-smoking room w/king bed! The walk-in shower was a pleasant surprise! TV; microwave; fridge; etc. Very hospitable staff! Next to Ruby Tuesday, short walk from O' Charley's, and multiple other restaurants off this exit (I-24 exit 66). Seemed a bit pricy, but you get what you pay for! If in the area, check it out. You'll be glad you did!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Smyma is just the oher side of Nashville and a great place to beat the morning traffic. I checked while still on the road and the receptionist/owner was extremely polite, informed, and professional. We had picked up a coupon at the Visitors 'Center for around $10 off. We were welcomed, checked in quickly, and had a very nice room for 4. This place has a little bit of everything: a swimming pool, gym center, access to restaurants, and a quick hop-on to the road. My only downside was the breakfast which had eggs which were boiled. I like a hot breakfast. But I would stop again here. It was very well cared for, and the owner conveyed the pride that was demonstrated throughout his establishment.

Room Tip: I would guess that all rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank secantaMariai-Elena
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived 30 mins after breakfast started. Was very little left. When ask to replenish sausage four patties were brought out.
Found several short hairs in bathroom. Mirror in room was streaky. Looked like was just wiped with damp cloth. Shower drained slowly. No towels at pool. Pool murky. Overall poor rating

Stayed March 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Clean room, comfortable beds for a good night's sleep while traveling .Great value! Right off the highway. The breakfast in the morning was a great way to begin another day of driving. The free Wi fi was very convenient and we were able to plan on our next place to stay down the road as we made our drive to Florida. .

Stayed March 2014
Nashville
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is fairly decent. best things about it is the free breakfast, close to the interstate, and other dining. The down side was the noise. I was on the first floor and I kept hearing doors slam. The bed was a little hard. The room could have been a little cleaner.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very good stay will stay their next year But i do hope they get the dryer fixed need a better treadmill in the excercise room i will yell my friends about it maby next year it will be warmer outside Thank you

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I think I have stayed at the Sleep Inn Smyrna more than 10 times. The reason I stay there is the staff and the cleanliness of the room. The staff is quick to listen when I have a room choice. Check in is quick and easy. I haven't had the breakfast but the pool is nice, last time I was in the pool the chemicals were right on which is nice. Rooms on the Restaurant side have a lot of light coming in after dark. I have stayed at every hotel on this row at least once. Sleep Inn is just as good as there rest for less money in my humble opinion.

Room Tip: Rooms against Ruby's parking lot are very bright.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business