“Hotel Dirty. Employees Rude”

Sleep Inn & Suites Smyrna
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
“Hotel Dirty. Employees Rude”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

When we arrived to check in around 8:00pm the front clerk was not one but friendly. She was wearing a t-shirt and jeans so we weren't even sure she was the clerk. She never smiled or looked at us and we had to ask her to repeat herself several times. The elevator and hallways are dirty. The room was cleaner than I had imagined after seeing the hallway.
On our check out day there was a knock at my door at 1112 it was someone asking if I was leaving because it was past check out. I advised them that my email confirmation clearly states that check out was at noon.
We stayed at this same hotel many times a couple if years ago and it was wonderful then. It must be under new ownership. Will not be staying here again

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julie R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Danville, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were tired, and decided that the Sleep Inn being a national Chain, and immediately nest to Cracker Barrel, and a Hilton Garden Inn, would provide a lower cost but reasonable rate, and room. The desk clerk was very helpful and pleasant, and soon we negotiated a rate for a King single of about eighty dollars, with a hot breakfast.
Hallway carpets were simply filthy,as they cater to local constructuion contractors. I should have noticed tihe entrance sign asking the guys to remove the mud and gravel from thier boots, before entering. The entrance to our room 330 had shredded carpet three to four inhed into the room, not cool. The room was however clean, and the bed fine, and towels were good for an economy hotel. But the AC is not wall thermostat controlled, and we either sweated or froze all night long, The pillows (plenty) were almost useles, all fluff no substance, Breakfast was of marginal quality.Overall a less than satisfactory stay. Not again for this couple.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David M
Marinette, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here on our way to Florida and it was very dirty. Sleep Inn sent me a review and I told them it was not a clean place. They sent me an email saying they were sorry and hoped we would try them again - no discount or anything.

Unfortunately, on our way back home from Florida we decided to give them another chance hoping we just got a bad room the first time. We stayed here again because it was about $25 cheaper than other hotels in the area and this room was over $100!!! Your basic 2 double bed room. At first glance, it looks OK but when you get to the bathroom- ICK!!! If you look around the bed ICK!!! We also found a condom on the floor as we were getting into bed ICK!!!!! It is very old and in need of repair. Luckily I had my can of Lysol with me and sprayed everywhere. The mouse traps in all the entrances to the hotel should tell you something. There were bags of garbage in the hallway by the exit by our room. No wonder they have a rodent problem. Even the front desk staff was just adequate. There was also a lot of noise in the rooms around us - walls are very thin. You can hear the person going to the bathroom in the room next door.

I can't believe other people gave this place a good rating. They must have really lucked out with a good room. We gave it 2 tries and WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!! We will pay the extra $25, $50 or whatever to stay at a reputable place that we know is at least clean.

Room Tip: My tip would be DON'T STAY HERE! Pay the extra to stay somewhere clean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maggiemaen
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived late..went to Nashville for My God daughter's Wedding. .stayed in another hotel awful manager. .visited a friend in Smyrna and she suggested Sleep Inn..the late nite time receptionist was terrific!! The room was updated and the beds were just right!! The continental breakfast was pretty good tooo..Overall it was a great stay..

• Stayed April 2014
Arab, Alabama
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was staying here for a business trip. When I went into the first room I was going to stay in there was dog pee everywhere and still wet so I go down stairs and get another room and when I go in there is ants all over the place. I will never stay at this one again the out side and lobby looks a lot better than room's maybe the owner will step up and clean an do better maintaining it.

• Stayed April 2014
Morganton, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2014

As an over-the-road truck driver who was out of legal driving hours, and in desperate need of a comfortable, warm night's rest, I feel fortunate to have found such incredible accommodations so close to my company's terminal in Lavergne, Tn. I have all the comforts of home in my condo-sleeper - TV, fridge, microwave, power inverter, etc. but the APU (auxiliary power unit) wasn't working. It was Saturday, and couldn't be fixed 'till Monday. Truck won't idle above 28 degrees since its equipped w/APU for heat and ac. My company has a contract with another choice hotel in Lavergne , but no rooms were available there. So, of course I was delighted to find a room at this location just before they filled up! However, there are other reasons I'm happy to give this location a very positive review: Beautiful, very clean and comfortable non-smoking room w/king bed! The walk-in shower was a pleasant surprise! TV; microwave; fridge; etc. Very hospitable staff! Next to Ruby Tuesday, short walk from O' Charley's, and multiple other restaurants off this exit (I-24 exit 66). Seemed a bit pricy, but you get what you pay for! If in the area, check it out. You'll be glad you did!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Smyma is just the oher side of Nashville and a great place to beat the morning traffic. I checked while still on the road and the receptionist/owner was extremely polite, informed, and professional. We had picked up a coupon at the Visitors 'Center for around $10 off. We were welcomed, checked in quickly, and had a very nice room for 4. This place has a little bit of everything: a swimming pool, gym center, access to restaurants, and a quick hop-on to the road. My only downside was the breakfast which had eggs which were boiled. I like a hot breakfast. But I would stop again here. It was very well cared for, and the owner conveyed the pride that was demonstrated throughout his establishment.

Room Tip: I would guess that all rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family