“Great stay! IF..... you get the right manager”

Sleep Inn & Suites Smyrna
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great stay! IF..... you get the right manager”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at the Smyrna Hotel and were immediately impressed by the female night manager helpfulness. She gave us directions and advice on area facilities and events. The price was reasonable and the room clean.

Our impression was destroyed upon the arrival of Mr. Patel in the morning. He was discourteous and very unaccommodating. Especially when we informed him of our emergency and need for a one hour check out extension. He bruskly informed us that late check out was 11:30AM and could not be flexible. This caused us a great inconvenience.

Fortunately, before we left we talked with the morning female manager who informed us that actual late check out was noon and if we needed more time. Her courtesy made, Mr. Patel only a bad afterthought.

In short, excellent stay IF you get the right manager. Avoid Mr.Patel

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GMSmyrna, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We are so sorry for any inconvenience you may have had . Your input is important to us so we can correct any problems.
We hope you will come back and see us let us make it up to you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The driver was feeling ill and instead of driving past Nashville, we decided to stop in Smyrna, TN. There were several hotels in this one area (side by side). Sleep Inn had a coupon in the Hotel Coupon Book and it was also located in between a Cracker Barrel & Ruby Tuesday. The young lady at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. We got a regular room but it was very large and had 2 double beds. We would have preferred a queen bed but that's what we got with a discount coupon. This is only 2nd Sleep Inn that we've stayed in and this one is definitely a higher grade than the other one in Florida. It had everything we could want for a 1 night stay. They had a full hot breakfast but it just didn't look appetizing to us, so I tried the oatmeal but it was tasteless so I tossed it. Nothing else looked that good but some others might like it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMSmyrna, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay we hope you will come back see us after our remodel .
Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn & Suites as your hotel
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The desk clerk was very helpful and the room was clean . The morning breakfast was good ad the rates were not bad . The hotel is close to my company in La Vergne . Plenty of stores an dinning , always have a good time there

Room Tip: Stay by pool if possible
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Maumee, OH
Reviewed 3 June 2014

OK, so I needed to stay right along this strip of hotels to be near my destination and this was the cheapest of the bunch on the booking services. Reading the reviews I wondered if I made big mistake. I experienced nothing near the 1 star horror stories posted here however and we were able to get decent night's sleep for the most part. However, overall things were pretty shotty, especially for nearly $100/night. Things started with being warned at check in that two pop machines would be out in the hall near our room. They nearly blocked the back exit (luckily I'm skinny). Apparently maintenance was going on in the room that holds the (broken) ice machine and vending but I saw no activity while there.

The room was clean enough but didn't smell great. The AC worked fine but the bathroom was fitted with a discount store fixtures. Weird stuff like the sink faucet spout was about 1/2 in from the back of the bowl such that you could hardly cup your hands under the water without hitting the back of the sink?? Caulk peeling away in the tub. In spite of all the complaints, we weren't totally grossed out but this was well under par. The final problem was about 7am our final morning someone started coming in the room (apparently had a key) but he safety door latch stopped them. On checkout I mentioned this to the clerk and he said the computer showed that we had already checked out (Implying the room has been assigned to a new guest)!?! This was a prepaid 2 night stay so there is really not excuse for this type of mayhem.

Unless you are really cheap like me, pay the extra $20 per night for one of the other places along Highwood Blvd.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ItsTheView
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

When we arrived to check in around 8:00pm the front clerk was not one but friendly. She was wearing a t-shirt and jeans so we weren't even sure she was the clerk. She never smiled or looked at us and we had to ask her to repeat herself several times. The elevator and hallways are dirty. The room was cleaner than I had imagined after seeing the hallway.
On our check out day there was a knock at my door at 1112 it was someone asking if I was leaving because it was past check out. I advised them that my email confirmation clearly states that check out was at noon.
We stayed at this same hotel many times a couple if years ago and it was wonderful then. It must be under new ownership. Will not be staying here again

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julie R
Danville, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were tired, and decided that the Sleep Inn being a national Chain, and immediately nest to Cracker Barrel, and a Hilton Garden Inn, would provide a lower cost but reasonable rate, and room. The desk clerk was very helpful and pleasant, and soon we negotiated a rate for a King single of about eighty dollars, with a hot breakfast.
Hallway carpets were simply filthy,as they cater to local constructuion contractors. I should have noticed tihe entrance sign asking the guys to remove the mud and gravel from thier boots, before entering. The entrance to our room 330 had shredded carpet three to four inhed into the room, not cool. The room was however clean, and the bed fine, and towels were good for an economy hotel. But the AC is not wall thermostat controlled, and we either sweated or froze all night long, The pillows (plenty) were almost useles, all fluff no substance, Breakfast was of marginal quality.Overall a less than satisfactory stay. Not again for this couple.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David M
Marinette, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here on our way to Florida and it was very dirty. Sleep Inn sent me a review and I told them it was not a clean place. They sent me an email saying they were sorry and hoped we would try them again - no discount or anything.

Unfortunately, on our way back home from Florida we decided to give them another chance hoping we just got a bad room the first time. We stayed here again because it was about $25 cheaper than other hotels in the area and this room was over $100!!! Your basic 2 double bed room. At first glance, it looks OK but when you get to the bathroom- ICK!!! If you look around the bed ICK!!! We also found a condom on the floor as we were getting into bed ICK!!!!! It is very old and in need of repair. Luckily I had my can of Lysol with me and sprayed everywhere. The mouse traps in all the entrances to the hotel should tell you something. There were bags of garbage in the hallway by the exit by our room. No wonder they have a rodent problem. Even the front desk staff was just adequate. There was also a lot of noise in the rooms around us - walls are very thin. You can hear the person going to the bathroom in the room next door.

I can't believe other people gave this place a good rating. They must have really lucked out with a good room. We gave it 2 tries and WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!! We will pay the extra $25, $50 or whatever to stay at a reputable place that we know is at least clean.

Room Tip: My tip would be DON'T STAY HERE! Pay the extra to stay somewhere clean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple