“Wonderful food and service!!!!”
Review of Omni Hut

Omni Hut
Ranked #8 of 154 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Polynesian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food and service!!!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We have been eating there for over 30 years the food is great and so is the service. They have the very best egg rolls you'll ever find along with teriyaki steak, sweet and sour pork and shrimp fried rice it's all good.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tennessee-Heil

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“If you like mice!!!!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

What a awful experience! The food was gross and I had a MOUSE run at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While I was eating! I screamed jumped up and ran, then it went to another table full of ppl and thats where the workers caught it. I never even got an apology even tho I totally lost my appetite and didnt eat my main course. Waste of money even before the mouse! The food was just ok, actually it was bad,

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Paige S
“Disgusting Overpriced Food!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I'm a bit of a foodie......which means I like food and I like my food to be delicious. I will admit I am a little picky but i'll try anything once. I have lived in Smyrna 5 years and drove by this place nearly every day. I was so curious to see what was so awesome about this mysterious place since they always seem busy and there are rave reviews. I don't get it. We went for my husbands birthday and we were sorely disappointed. The atmosphere was relaxing I guess, maybe it looks cooler if you BYOB (they don't serve alcohol) and get plastered. It's definitely a throwback to the 60's, as in nothing has changed since the 60's or 70's including the cheap black light décor, Shoney's style tables and ugly cracked tile floors. I can get past any crappy décor for good food though. The Won Ton soup was good. I wish I had just ordered a bowl of that because it went down hill after that. My husband had the ever so popular Tahitian Feast. Most. Disgusting. Thing. EVER! I don't even know what half of the mystery meat (that was mostly gristle and bones) we suffered through trying was. The "entrée" part of the Feast looked like cat food out of a can. It also tasted pretty much like I'd imagine cat food would taste. He will eat just about anything but when I saw him pushing it around his plate I knew it was bad. I ordered a side of chicken fried rice (also resembling cat food) for my 1.5 yr old who is not a picky eater at all (FYI they don't offer a kids menu) and she wouldn't touch it. I had the chicken and steak kabobs and more of the nasty "fried" rice. The meat was slightly edible but it will definitely raise your blood pressure with all the salt they have dumped on it. For happy birthday dessert they brought my husband a mound of ice cream with chocolate syrup suppose to resemble a volcano in half of a cockle shell (did they get this out of the dirty fish tank up front??) and the "candle" was a sugar cube stuck in the top lit on fire. I didn't know sugar could ignite. I'm wondering what they soaked it in to get it to ignite?! Service was mediocre.....they kept our waters replenished but seemed to disappear altogether when we were ready for our checks. All together with gratuity/tips added it was about $60 for my husband, child and me for 2 entrees and a side of rice. Overall it was a very disappointing experience and we will definitely not go back again. Kudos to the owners for somehow keeping this small business alive so long but it is not good and waaaay overpriced!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Rfletch7
“Good food and great atmosphere. ”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

4 of us ate here tonight. We all ate 3 different meals. And the appetizers were amazing. We really liked the crab Rangoon's, ribs and egg rolls.
The main course was not as good as we thought it should be. But that was probably what we ordered. We all loved the Hawaiian feel of the place.

bluegrass state
“Want a great kitschy Polynesian dinner go here.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Our family has been going here for many years. You walk into a Hawaiian paradise. Fish tanks with koi goldfish, fluorescent flowers, small waterfall, bamboo paper covers the walls. A throwback to 60's Hawaii.
If you go on Friday or Saturday night be prepared to wait!!!! I called ahead @6:00 & got in @7:40.
Don't despair the wait is soooooo worth it.
First if you want a sampling if the menu, try the feasts. I use to order the Tahitian but, since I have back I was diagnosed gluten free. So, now I order the steamed shrimp with fried rice. No reaction @ all after my entire meal. Yeah!
The egg flower so is so light & flavorful. Delicious. The hot baked bread they bring is great, says my other dining friends.
Everyone who likes tea must try the Hawaiian tea. It has either pineapple or guava juice in it. It is served in tiki glasses with umbrellas.
They have two designated servers who are constantly walking around filling your glass up.
This is a dining experience, so with that in mind, don't expect to be out of there in an hour. If you want that go to fast food.
Kids love the poo poo platters with their own fire tiki grill.
Let the kids or yourself splurge on the volcano dessert.

I promise this place does not disappoint.
This wahine loves this restaurant can you tell.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Omni Hut? Share your experiences!