“Went because we had a gift card - if our second mortgage is approved we might go again...”
Review of Jim & Nicks BBQ

Jim & Nicks BBQ
Ranked #2 of 158 Restaurants in Smyrna
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked continuously around the clock to ensure only the freshest product. All trimmings are made from scratch daily (there's no freezer in the whole building!) Dine In, Drive Thru, To Go, Private Dining, and Catering available.
Reviewed 13 January 2014

$16.95 for a 2 piece catfish dinner?! Hardly anything under $10. We "paid" $25 for their "Big Baby" a full rack of baby back ribs with two sides that we split. Yes, they are overly smoked - and I like smoked meat. People at the table beside us were eating footballs covered in bbq...wait - those are potatoes...I have had one of those years ago - best I remember I enjoyed it, but man it was HUGE. Really enjoyed their bread, but the waitress forgot to bring butter. Jim & Nicks isn't on our restaurant radar, so we didn't realize they were served with butter until the table beside us got theirs. While they were face first, eyes close and wolfing down their potatoes - I swiped one of their butters...yes I am kidding - they used a fork. We also liked the onion rings - slight spice and not overcooked. You could actually bite into the ring without the entire onion sliding out.

Service was excellent - other that the forgotten butter (the REAL reason we won't be back)Seriously, unless we get another gift card, we probably won't be back - it is really expensive for what you get. A bbq sandwich, while it may have a little more meat - is much cheaper at the local bbq joints.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My daughter recommended this place. The ribs were more smoked than bbq'd and it was too much. Onion rings had no flavor. Bbq sauce was watery. Service was excellent. I thought it was overpriced too. I'm from Missouri and the bbq is cooked much differently in the Midwest.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

First visit. Saturday night and only had a 20 minute wait. Very friendly and helpful waitress. The biscuits were terriffic. Ordered the 3 item platter. Ribs were very good, pulled pork and brisket were great. The sauce was not what I expected. Bit of a vinegar tang, but I like that taste. Some may not. The pie was great. Portions were ample. Overall worth the visit. Will return.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had dinner from here last night and as usual was impressed with the food quality and expedience of the staff. It has such a friendly and upbeat atmosphere. The aroma of the barbeque smoking when you walk in (and in the parking lot) will let you know you are in for a treat. Penni in he bar area was professional and enjoyable to talk with as I waited for my to go order. This is a great place whether dining in or out. They also have a mobile catering service for large group events. When we moved back here several years ago, this was one of the first stops in search of Texas brisket which my husband loves! My top suggestions include brisket, pulled pork, baked beans, and cheddar biscuits. Yes, do the biscuits. One word of advice, although the slaw is delicious it of the ''vinegar type" not creamy. They have a variety of sauces, but the main one while tomato based tastes vaguely of vinegar as well. Only mention that as this isn't the preference for a few out there even though most (including me) thoroughly enjoy it. If traveling through TN on I-24 it is a fairly convenient stop for a really delicious meal.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed in Smyrna for one night, on our way to Lynchburg the next day. We searched for places close to the Hampton Inn where we were staying and found two barbecue places - Jim 'n Nick's and Famous Dave's. The clerk at the front desk said Jim 'n Nick's was much better than Famous Dave's so we went with her recommendation. We were thrilled with our decision as the food was great. We had delicious cheesy/corn muffins prior to our dinner being served. My husband had pulled pork and house-made onion rings which he loved. I had smoked chicken, salad and watermelon. I wanted to eat light so asked for the meat without the bread and was happy with the amount of food I got. I was able to eat it all without being stuffed.

Been to Jim & Nicks BBQ? Share your experiences!