“Closed Now, Hopefully we'll get something better.”
Review of Susan's Diner - CLOSED

Susan's Diner
Cuisines: American
“Closed Now, Hopefully we'll get something better.”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

This location is closed, about to be Auctioned off.

That this place was #1 is a joke. If ur in Sparta U want "Rise-n-Shine" 4 B'fast & "Mason San Padro" 4 everything else.

This place had good prices, but served up many item that should've been listed on the menu as frozen slop. All served in a dining room that has all the charm of a Waffle House restroom.

There biggest asset was they were right on a beautiful lake, of which U can't see when you're there because the one room that overlooked the lake looks like the owners were living in.

I hope the next owners capitalize on this asset and even install outdoor patio. With a lake view deck, fresh food & some tunes the world would beat a path to thier door.

• Visited April 2013

“Susan's moved”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

To let everyone know Susan's moved to Sparta over by junior high PLEASE STOP BY she has a good menu different homemade special everyday. She kept her most popular desserts. Only open till three DEFINITELY WORTH IT !!!

• Visited July 2013
KY
“Great Country Diner...YUM Desserts!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I recently visited Susan's Diner after reading it was considered the best restaurant in Sparta. TN by other Trip Advisor reviewers. Although the address is Sparta, it is several miles to the East of Sparta. We had to stop for directions because we were afraid we had missed it. But it is very much worth the trip. They do need a large sign for better visibility. The food is good, but the people are the best! The waitress was very kind and nice although I am sure she would have loved to wring my neck for all the questions I asked her. After reading all the reviews, I had my heart set on the seafood platter, which consisted of grilled shrimp, fried shrimp, and fried catfish. Within minutes of arriving, she announced they were out of fried catfish! So I had to regroup. I decided on the roast beef & gravy with mashed potatoes, and cole slaw. I was there with 6 other family members so we ordered, fried okra, corn balls, jalapeno poppers and onion rings as our appetizers for the group. Both the corn and onion rings were quite tasty and served hot. The roast beef entree was good. I did feel all the dishes were highly under seasoned needing salt. However, the taste was good except for my dad's green beans which I sampled. They tasted as if they were straight from the can. My roast beef was served warm, not hot. But I was the last to get my food, so that could have accounted for that. But overall, good country food. NOW for the best part of the meal...the desserts!!!! I had the caramel pie which was to die for. I could have skipped the entire meal and just eaten pie! I also tasted my husband's fruit pizza pie which was highly recommended by a couple of very nice gentlemen who were regulars. It was a similar to a 7 cup salad on a graham cracker crust. Delicious!!!! I also tasted the peaches and cream pie which was good, but not not my personal favorite. The owners and the locals made us feel like family, came out of the kitchen to talk with us several times. I loved the Chef hat the lady wore. Prices were "cheap as dirt." $2.00 for the pies plus 50 cents for a scoop of ice cream. Truly worth the drive for the experience and friendly people alone.

• Visited June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Great food, people, prices and portions. Will return on our way through again. One of the very best cheeseburgers I have ever had, mountain of fries with it and unlimited tea. If I had room I would have gotten a piece of their coconut cream pie!

• Visited May 2013
Sparta, Tennessee, United States
“Southern Cooking at it's best!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Susan's Diner, just down the road from us on BonAir mountain is the greatest!! The food is always delicious and always served with a smile. In addition to a large menu, 2 specials are served every day. Desserts are home-made and very yummy!! The owners and waitresses make you feel "at home" as soon as you walk in. Come join us next time you're on the mountain. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited April 2013