“Beware of paying them in advance!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Way Inn

The Way Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spencer
The Way Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spencer
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Beware of paying them in advance!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

I paid for Friday night in advance and arrived to a clean room Friday. After a couple of hours I asked to be moved to another room as the air conditioner was not cooling the room, She was nice and said if one came available she would change me but they expected to be full, We left the room and shortly afterward I fell and had to be ambualnced to a hospital. I called from the emergency room around midnight to let them know what happened and that someone would be coming to get our things out of the room since I had to be transferred to Chattanooga for surgery. I surely owed them for Friday night and thought for sure under the circumstances they would refund the room, pet and Micro/Fridge charges for Saturday and Sunday with maybe charging a small service fee. After I was released from the hospital I found they had charged me full rates for Saturday and Sunday! When I called they told me their cancellation policy is 36 hours in advance. I asked if they were able to rent the room for Saturday and Sunday? Did they loose the income?. She didn't know she was at a funeral Saturday (didn't appear to matter either). I am disputing the charge but looks like with their policy and no compassion I will be out the whole charges. I would have expected a better deal under the curcumstances. I guess I expected them to do the right thing.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ogolindaq

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed here for two nights and would definitely return! It's family owned and operated, which we prefer. The room was nothing fancy but it was big, clean and comfortable. The king bed was very comfortable! We didn't hear any noise from the road. There are picnic tables, grills and fire rings if you want to have a cookout. The store/gas station/grill is very convenient and their milk shakes are AWESOME! The prices can't be beat! This is a great spot only a few miles from the Fall Creek Falls State Park entrance. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris L
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

We loved our stay here. You might be put off by the cinder block walls of the rooms or the sort of "road-side-ness" of this place, but it was really just what we were looking for. The establishment has a small grocery store, grill, gas station, and rooms to stay in. The room was spacious and clean, the price can't be beat, and the family running it was very nice and helpful. Provides great access to the nearby Fall Creek Falls area. It was a very pleasant and comfortable experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amelia K
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Spotlessly clean - older but nicely refurbished motel with a staff that cannot be beat (family owned and operated). My better half travels extensively for work and I have stayed in countless hotels as a pilot, so we both have a pretty good sense of what we don't like in a lodging establishment, BUT we both agree that we'll be staying at The Way Inn during our frequent trips to this area!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike C
Sevierville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We took a motorcycle trip to Fall Creek Falls and we stayed here because of the reviews on their website. It was very clean, cleaner than some of the more expensive hotels weve stayed in. But, I was disappointed in how old it was. The owners have tried to fix it up but it needs a lot of work. Also, it has a gravel parking lot which is hard on motorcycles. Breakfast was good at the store. Price was right for what you get.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 4whlndeb
Olive Branch, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Because my wife and I have 4 kids we find it difficult to get a SINGLE room for accomodations. Can get expensive. The WAY INN was awesome! Great price and even had a large room with 3 double beds. Owner came in after hours to assist with check in and had our room all ready. Small playground in great shape. Very convenient store in front for breakfast biscuits and snacks as well as gas. Our Fall Creek Falls trip memories will always include our night at The WAY INN. Great job guys!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank lumpsdad
NC Mountains
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

We stayed here on a trip to Fall Creek Falls State Park as a less expensive alternative to staying at the inn in the park. The room, though admittedly "vintage", had been refurbished and was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The owners were friendly and made us feel very welcome. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PleasantPlacesFarm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spencer
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in McMinnville
BEST WESTERN Tree City Inn
BEST WESTERN Tree City Inn
#1 of 4 in McMinnville

Been to The Way Inn? Share your experiences!