The Way Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Spencer
See available hotels
McMinnville Inn(McMinnville)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Scottish Inn(McMinnville)
Royal Inn(Sparta)
View Hotel
All reviewsfall creek fallscinder block wallsowners were friendlystayed herechannelsmotelinternetnoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2012

It has a 1960's motel layout, brick on the outside, painted cinder block inside, but it is clean with large rooms and a homey feel inside. The bed is big and the couch new. There is a coffee table and tall entertainment center though the tv is small and it's Dish so no Walking Dead. You still get more channels than at the hotel inside the park though. It is half the price of the park hotel in season as well. There are no beautiful views and balcony like the park but the park has no fridge or microwave either.

The store out front where you check in makes a good bacon egg and cheese bisquit and a strong coffee to get you going in the morn. There is a BQ restaurant at the north end of the park road and regular one in the park hotel so you don't HAVE to drive to Sparta. Plus there is simple sandwich type fare served at the Way Inn. The owners were helpful and friendly here and informative about the trails and difficulties of each. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Toccopola
Reviewed 18 October 2012

the owners were very friendly, no ice no refg. no mwo, no chairs, was cozy, spartan, orice reasonable, hit water good, needs up gating. place is for sale 700,000 usd, 4 acres, fuel pumps, camp store, light eats play ground for the kids.
this is on the entrance road to the state park falls in the mountains. there is nothing near here, had to drive to spartan for kfc and evening meal, a good hide away and quiet no slaming of doors loud music. average place needs updating that is all. more chairs in room and the rooms are large i guess afraid of theft, american owned. you can pay extra for extended stay and get refg. there is no ice machine ao you have to ask for some ice they give you small bag

Room Tip: spartan, but ok and there are 22 rooms all lined up so all the same.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I paid for Friday night in advance and arrived to a clean room Friday. After a couple of hours I asked to be moved to another room as the air conditioner was not cooling the room, She was nice and said if one came available she would change me but they expected to be full, We left the room and shortly afterward I fell and had to be ambualnced to a hospital. I called from the emergency room around midnight to let them know what happened and that someone would be coming to get our things out of the room since I had to be transferred to Chattanooga for surgery. I surely owed them for Friday night and thought for sure under the circumstances they would refund the room, pet and Micro/Fridge charges for Saturday and Sunday with maybe charging a small service fee. After I was released from the hospital I found they had charged me full rates for Saturday and Sunday! When I called they told me their cancellation policy is 36 hours in advance. I asked if they were able to rent the room for Saturday and Sunday? Did they loose the income?. She didn't know she was at a funeral Saturday (didn't appear to matter either). I am disputing the charge but looks like with their policy and no compassion I will be out the whole charges. I would have expected a better deal under the curcumstances. I guess I expected them to do the right thing.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ogolindaq
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed here for two nights and would definitely return! It's family owned and operated, which we prefer. The room was nothing fancy but it was big, clean and comfortable. The king bed was very comfortable! We didn't hear any noise from the road. There are picnic tables, grills and fire rings if you want to have a cookout. The store/gas station/grill is very convenient and their milk shakes are AWESOME! The prices can't be beat! This is a great spot only a few miles from the Fall Creek Falls State Park entrance. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We loved our stay here. You might be put off by the cinder block walls of the rooms or the sort of "road-side-ness" of this place, but it was really just what we were looking for. The establishment has a small grocery store, grill, gas station, and rooms to stay in. The room was spacious and clean, the price can't be beat, and the family running it was very nice and helpful. Provides great access to the nearby Fall Creek Falls area. It was a very pleasant and comfortable experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple