“Great Service, good bed.”
Review of Guest Inn

Guest Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
Reviewed 19 June 2013

review of the hilltop hotel
I recently moved from Miami Beach to Chattanooga. I went to Sweet Water, TN to visit with friends that I had not seen for over a decade. To make the best of this visit I decided not to stay at my friends' RV. Instead, at close to midnight I went out looking for a room. After two other places, I came to the Hilltop Hotel and was greeted by a well awake attendant that paid attention to what I needed. The rate for two nights was 100. Lobby was clean and I was given clear instructions on how to get to the room. I needed "very non-smoking, ground level" room. That's what I got. I needed a microwave and fridge and both of those were available and CLEAN. The decor is unimpressive but the place was CLEAN. Bed was comfortable and no bedbugs, no hair, and no one else's items were found anywhere in that room. Air was working and the bathroom was clean but looked old. I went to sleep and next morning I tried to work. No WiFi. I called the front desk. Nice lady apologized and asked me to come to the lobby at my convenience for a room change. She said poolside rooms had a stronger WiFi signal. The desk attendant was very sweet and made sure I had everything I needed in this new room. Her name was Farida. Great service in spite of being busy. Next room was what I needed. The pool was closed to the public but was not covered so the sight was not pleasant. That was minor. The room attendants were cleaning the room next door and they were very kind and wished me a good stay. One of them was a young man who clearly knows how to treat a customer. His smile was sincere and his demeanor very professional. I went for breakfast the next day and Farida and every one working there acknowledged my presence with a kind smile and a good morning. Minor negative details are difficult to remember after such great service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph5773
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.Our Indoor pool and hot tub is open now, Outdoor pool will be open to customers in couple of days. Regards to you from Farida..

Reviewed 17 June 2013

this hotel on a hill is very impressive from the outside. the staff here is very friendly and accommodating the rooms are worn and the corners may be cobwebbed a bit but overall it was clean. it's not a hilton but it doesn't claim to be.
i'd stay there again and probably will..

Room Tip: the rooms at the front offer much better views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tin M
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thanks for your stay at our Hotel,we will try our best to give you better service on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

My mother, 6 month old son, and myself stopped here for the night on our way up north and requested a NON-SMOKING room. The room was old and outdated and reeked of old, stale cigarette smoke. We only ended up staying for a few hours because we had to sleep and for the rest of our trip all 3 of us had respiratory issues. This place needs to be updated with new carpet and the like. And to top off the already horrible experience we had some random lady knock on our door and wake us up at 6:00 am wanting a cigarette. It was really sketchy and creepy! We most defiantly don't recommend this place (especially if you want a non-smoking room).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for Your review, and sorry for your inconvenience ,we are in the process of remdelling, Hope we will be able to serve you better next time.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Do not expect anything better than an ordinary motel. It may list itself as a conference centre but we found no difference to other motels and it definately needs a facelift in some areas. We stayed in the main building and, having moved room due a water leak resulting in a soaked carpet and musty smell, the second room was fine. Slightly larger than a standard motel room and different layout but comfortable. The girl on reception was very friendly and helpful and sent us to a lovely place to eat.
Standard breakfast but we saw no one else around. There was a Shell station at the botom of the hill but did not appear to be any restaurants close buy. The one we ate at was a couple of miles away. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Those in the main building are larger and have a good view at the front.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grumpy64

Thanks for staying at our Hotel and also for your review, we will be glad to serve you better on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Very friendly place, very friendly owners & staff, right off the interstate. We always stay here when we bring our guests from Atlanta for a trip to "The Lost Sea", This place is definitely not for those who pay fifty dollars and expect a 'Five Star Resort " amenities for fifty bucks. A great place to stay where you are recognized as a person and not a number.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeffGadhia
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thanks a lot for your regular stay at our Hotel, we always look forward for you and your family.we always try to give the best hospitality experience to you and all our Guests.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Oh boy, where do I start? Let me say, we brought in our own pilllow and also our blanket from the car and draped it over the bed. We did NOT feel comfortable sleeping on the bedding providing.
-We requested a NON-smoking room and the room was CLEARLY smoked in.
-The bathroom was MOLDY!! It was so gross. We opted NOT to shower there.
-The dirty wallpaper was peeling off the walls
-There was some sort of red, blood smeared on the door
-The main light in the room was burned out
-The lighting attached to thebuilding was NOT functional (they had a larger light in the parking lot, but it did NOT provide good lighting near the building for guests coming and going.
-The pillow smelled like mens aftershave.
-There was a bug on the wall...not sure what kind it was.

We called thefront desk as soon as we got there and let them know about the smoke smell and the light (as we were concerned they would think we were responsible for the smoke!). There was no offer to change the room (and we didnt ask - it was 1230 am). When I spoke to the manager about a week later, he said we were offered another room (we were not). He offered us a $20 refund. We refused anything but a full refund, as we could have slept in our car for freeand had the same - if not more - comfort!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed here in Dec 2012 on our way to Florida. The price was fine - middle of the spectrum for a hotel. We had a lot of issues. One, the heater in the room never ended up providing much heat and it was freezing. I looked for more blankets and there were none. I went down to the desk at 1 a.m and had to wait 15 minutes while the desk guy searched for blankets. The room was in a poor place, either we were near the elevator or we had good wi fi - we could not have both so it seems. So, I had to make 5 trips up the stairs. The shower was poor with the ceiling peeling off near the corner of the room. Anyways, the people at the hotel were nice but ill equipped to deal with cold weather.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweetwater
Rodeway Inn Sweetwater
Red Roof Inn Etowah - Athens, TN
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#7 of 7 in Sweetwater

Been to Guest Inn? Share your experiences!