“Worst place I have ever stayed”
Review of Guest Inn

Guest Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My family had to travel to Sweetwater for my grandfather's funeral. A family member made reservations for all of us at the Hilltop and it was the biggest mistake of our lives. The place was FILTHY!!! The owners, a sweet Indian couple were very nice. They were kind to us and spoke to us often but I would never stay there again. I actually took pictures of all the damage & dirt because I knew people would not believe it. There were poop splashes on the bathroom walls. There were blood stains on the walls. The lamp did not work. IT had been taped numerous times and just would not cut on so it was very dark. There were electric cords & cable cords just plugged into a hole that was cut out of the wall - with no outlet cover. Everything looked like it was about to fall our of the wall: AC unit, the shower rod, toilet paper holder. I was truly afraid to use the shower b/c of filth & the rod was barely hanging on- dangerous. When I finally got enough nerve to shower, there was NO hot water. The pool was horribly dirty. So, dirty, we couldn't get in. We tried the indoor pool, there were so many spider webs - my kids were afraid to touch anything, let alone enjoy a swim. DIRTY!! DIRTY!! DIRTY!!

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

We are sorry that your room was not satisfactory and for any inconvenience that it may have caused you on your trip. We do thank you for bringing to our attention our shortcomings. We have had our housekeeping and maintenance staff attend and resolve the issues.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My Grandson and I were traveling from Brooksville, Florida to Farmer City, Illinois and decided to stop for the night. There's 3 hotels at that exit and the Hilltop was the friendliest. The female manager was great. We had 2 small Chihuahuas with us and was afraid we would have a hard time getting a room with them that we could afford. The manager was able to assist us with a great room on the ground floor. The only problem we had was not being able to connect with the internet which I forgot to ask about. Also there was not many areas for the dogs to potty. I would recommend the Hilltop as a place to stay. Needs more towels in rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review. It is always nice to hear that our staff is helpful.
We do have additional towels available at the front desk. and will confirm internet at check in, in the future. We are always happy to accommodate you and your wonderful pets!
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Thank you.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stopped by sweet water to rest on our way to Ft Stewart Ga from Ohio and found this pet friendly hotel. Price was cheap beds were very comfy. Man at the desk very nice . Ac worked great!! Only suggestions would be more towels in rooms and replace wallpaper. Breakfast was sufficient with juice coffee bagels cereal donuts. We will defiantly stay again

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JessicaP366
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thanks A Lot for your possitive review, your review makes us very optimistic to get better and give better hospitality to our guests, We will be glad to Welcome you on next visit.

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

My husband &I paid $80 for the room passed dirty outdoor pool on way to the room. We opened our rooms door to find it had NEVER been cleaned at all from the last guest! I thought I'd seen it all til that..ugh.My husband went to get our money back&the manager argued&refused but after his persistance finally called the owner &got the refund for our 30 second stay in that room.run away from here anywhere else is better.

• Stayed: June 2013
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Guest- We apologize for Renting the Dirty room by "Mistake".House Keeping missed that room in list of cleaning rooms. We also sorry that we tried our best to give you clean room but it did not worked. also want to let you know that our Indoor Pool, Hot tub and "Out Door Pool "too are all open for guest, we had to delay out door pool due to rainy weather.
Our Staff called me and try to resolve the problem as best as they can but it did not worked. Though we gave you Full Refund ,We will still give you 25% discount on your next visit to Re-emburse the inconvenience you had.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

i travel to sweetwater alot my choice of stay is the hilltop older historic place staff is great very friendly and helpfull great value not alot of noice so it was easy to rest will stay again and again

• Stayed: June 2013

Nick,
Thank you for taking time to put the review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

review of the hilltop hotel
I recently moved from Miami Beach to Chattanooga. I went to Sweet Water, TN to visit with friends that I had not seen for over a decade. To make the best of this visit I decided not to stay at my friends' RV. Instead, at close to midnight I went out looking for a room. After two other places, I came to the Hilltop Hotel and was greeted by a well awake attendant that paid attention to what I needed. The rate for two nights was 100. Lobby was clean and I was given clear instructions on how to get to the room. I needed "very non-smoking, ground level" room. That's what I got. I needed a microwave and fridge and both of those were available and CLEAN. The decor is unimpressive but the place was CLEAN. Bed was comfortable and no bedbugs, no hair, and no one else's items were found anywhere in that room. Air was working and the bathroom was clean but looked old. I went to sleep and next morning I tried to work. No WiFi. I called the front desk. Nice lady apologized and asked me to come to the lobby at my convenience for a room change. She said poolside rooms had a stronger WiFi signal. The desk attendant was very sweet and made sure I had everything I needed in this new room. Her name was Farida. Great service in spite of being busy. Next room was what I needed. The pool was closed to the public but was not covered so the sight was not pleasant. That was minor. The room attendants were cleaning the room next door and they were very kind and wished me a good stay. One of them was a young man who clearly knows how to treat a customer. His smile was sincere and his demeanor very professional. I went for breakfast the next day and Farida and every one working there acknowledged my presence with a kind smile and a good morning. Minor negative details are difficult to remember after such great service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph5773
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.Our Indoor pool and hot tub is open now, Outdoor pool will be open to customers in couple of days. Regards to you from Farida..

Reviewed 17 June 2013

this hotel on a hill is very impressive from the outside. the staff here is very friendly and accommodating the rooms are worn and the corners may be cobwebbed a bit but overall it was clean. it's not a hilton but it doesn't claim to be.
i'd stay there again and probably will..

Room Tip: the rooms at the front offer much better views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tin M
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thanks for your stay at our Hotel,we will try our best to give you better service on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweetwater
Rodeway Inn Sweetwater
#1 of 1 in Athens
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#7 of 7 in Sweetwater

Been to Guest Inn? Share your experiences!